PDA

View Full Version : Unmentioned (I think) Guild of some sort?

Evan52395
07-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey guys, I noticed something rather odd in an image of Revelations.

http://www.brloh.sk/buxus/images/fotogaleria/katalog_produktov/pc_a_konzolove_hry/pc_windows/assassins_creed_revelations_collectors_edition_pc/obrazok2.jpg

Notice the man on the roof of that home similar to the one left of the guard? I don't think this is regular NPC movement. I'm not sure whether or not they've been mentioned by the devs or in another topic, but what do you guys think they could be? A guild?

twenty_glyphs
07-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I'm pretty sure all 3 of the people in red in that picture are guards, which is why one of them is on the roof. They've mentioned that the courtesans are being replaced by gypsies because courtesans wouldn't have been allowed under Ottoman rule, and I think some articles have said the other guilds are basically returning, though being reworked a little to be more useful.

Evan52395
07-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I'm pretty sure all 3 of the people in red in that picture are guards, which is why one of them is on the roof. They've mentioned that the courtesans are being replaced by gypsies because courtesans wouldn't have been allowed under Ottoman rule, and I think some articles have said the other guilds are basically returning, though being reworked a little to be more useful.
What kind of guards have no armor or weapons? I think they're replacing a guild or they're an entirely new one.

Chewitt321
07-25-2011, 03:19 PM
They look like monks or someone like them at least? Maybe they are location based like the scholars around the Vatican in ACB?

Turkiye96
07-25-2011, 04:22 PM
from another pic that isn't really seen a lot; it shows Ezio hanging to some part of a mosques dome using the hookblade and just below him is a gunman on the roof, the gunman looks a lot like the guy in the roof of this pic so im guessing that he is also a gunman. just like the ones on the roof nex the the pantheon building...

ProletariatPleb
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Here is your pic, Turkiye96 :P
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110712063602/assassinscreed/images/thumb/0/0b/Assassins-Creed-revelations-ACR_SP_SC_07_UnsuspectingAerialAssassination.jpg/800px-Assassins-Creed-revelations-ACR_SP_SC_07_UnsuspectingAerialAssassination.jpg

LieutenantJojo
07-26-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Evan52395:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
What kind of guards have no armor or weapons? I think they're replacing a guild or they're an entirely new one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They do have a weapon. In the first picture you can see something strapped to their backs and in the second picture that sidspyker24 posted, you clearly see it is a gun. So those guys are pretty much the arquebusiers from ACB.

Evan52395
07-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I hadn't seen that image. Thanks sidspyker24 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

NewBlade200
07-26-2011, 09:40 PM
The first pic is probably just concept art made to look like the game so the way they move doesn't have anything to do with anything and they do seem to be gunmen.

simonjako
07-27-2011, 03:01 AM
If you think about it, the men on the roof with the satchels on their back, are not gunmen, they are the curiers(?) from ACB, the guys that ran aroung in clothes made of red silk, and you could pickpocket them for items. I believe they look like messengers, another hint is the way his facial exspression is very simular to the one in ACB, they look frigtened and they are running away (or atleast one of them is)..
Isnt that very plausible?

ProletariatPleb
07-27-2011, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by simonjako:
If you think about it, the men on the roof with the satchels on their back, are not gunmen, they are the curiers(?) from ACB, the guys that ran aroung in clothes made of red silk, and you could pickpocket them for items. I believe they look like messengers, another hint is the way his facial exspression is very simular to the one in ACB, they look frigtened and they are running away (or atleast one of them is)..
Isnt that very plausible?

Couriers* ? Nah, it's the same expression you'd find in AC2 or AC:B if the guards SUDDENLY spot you, like when you climb and they're RIGHT in front of you.

The pic I posted clearly shows them having an arquebus on their back.

DavisP92
07-29-2011, 11:38 AM
the guys in the red are the new set of guards that were trained at a young age to use firearms (i think). but i never saw that screenshot b4, now i wonder how many are out there.

hey sidspyker24, where did u find that screenshot?