PDA

View Full Version : SWORDS ONLINE

caughs21
11-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey every body I dunno about everyone else but I feel that this game is unreal however needs more to the online expierence, from defending attackers, to changing the online modes to make this game more of a hand to hand battle.

Anyways leave your thoughs and please vote, I would also like to add that this would be for AC4

Wile E Coyoteee
11-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Sooo, basically you're saying, "Will you make AC4 better than 3 please? Let's vote on who thinks 4 should be better."

LoL, it's the following year's version, of course it will be better. If it wasn't they couldn't sell it :P

EvillllllllllL
11-18-2010, 11:08 PM
We live in an age of DLC i hope they add some game types at a charge. the only time you'll hear me say that...oh and if the makers of Demon souls read this i will pay money for more demon souls.

caughs21
11-18-2010, 11:14 PM
yea the whole idea of this thread is to give devs of AC more insight into what would make this game better. FOr future games, I mean they took the suggestion for the online game modes in the game this so they obviously listen to there fans.

Unlike the devs of NHL eh Wile_E!! hahaha

please vote as well

StatewidePanda
11-19-2010, 12:25 AM
It would get annoying because everyone would just stand there blocking whilst randomly glaring at each other.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-19-2010, 02:18 AM
Unlike the devs of NHL eh Wile_E!! hahaha

*single tear cause it's mostly true*

GT: Wile E Coyoteee (3 E's, could only fit 2 here LoL)

Honestly though, I will say that the thread my brother (gt: HOWZ YOUR FACE) made petitioning them for a change and getting signatures probably honestly did make them change things for the better in NHL that one time, so I guess I shouldn't joke about this thread, lol. Carry on!

MaceMagoo
11-19-2010, 05:38 AM
I voted no as it would just turn into a normal fighting MP game then. Some games now people are just running round the map and killing you straight away rather than playing te game as it should be played and stalking their targets.

Rainie
11-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by MaceMagoo:
I voted no as it would just turn into a normal fighting MP game then. Some games now people are just running round the map and killing you straight away rather than playing te game as it should be played and stalking their targets.

Agreed, and I voted no as well. To me the point of the gameplay (and what makes it so enjoyable) is to quickly strike your target and get away without being noticed. And like Magoo said, if sword fighting was added you'd get more people dueling out in the open instead of using social stealth. It would make you an even bigger target to your pursuer, even more so than running on rooftops. You aren't defenseless in this game, that's what the abilities are for

caughs21
11-19-2010, 07:47 AM
the whole idea of adding swords would allow for many differnet game modes, that was my thoughts on it. For example a free for all!!

Also it would be nice if you could some how stop your attacker, maybe not with a sword however with a dagger or something change up ur figthing combinations instead ofjust hitting "A" or "B" when ur close to ur opponent

Rainie
11-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't like the idea of free for all because then it becomes like other multiplayer and looses it's charm that made ACB's refreshingly original.

In regards to being able to use a weapon against your pursuer, I wouldn't be opposed to this ONLY if it had the same effect as stun where it temporarily paralyzes your attacker, that would be perfectly fine with me. However, if a target was able to kill their attacker, it would seriously break the flow of the game. As we all know, once you're killed, anyone else that had you as their target will be reassigned a new one. There was a match I played in the beta I keep getting assigned a target that had multiple people after them, before I had a chance to get even remotely close to them they'd get killed. This happened for about 3 minutes and I found it quite frustrating. Now if hunters could get killed by their targets there will be a lot of targets resetting within a short period of time which will probably frustrate a lot of people. I can understand why ubi put in the stun option and I like how it was executed, while it can paralyze your hunter it keeps them in the game and gives their hunter the opportunity to take advantage

CoreySeidel
11-19-2010, 10:37 AM
wow lol...

Mossero
11-20-2010, 03:47 PM
I voted no for the sheer ignorance.

This is not Assassins Creed 3. It's Assassins Creed Brotherhood, if anything its Assassins Creed 2.5...

but certainly not assassins creed 3.

Gryphion
11-20-2010, 04:52 PM
No. During the beta it was already said that swordfighting is to depended on your connection. It'll probably be the source of alot of frustations in the sense of "omg, I totally had that countered" or "quit blocking me you mofo and fight like a man"

Ven_GencE999
11-20-2010, 05:16 PM
NO. The beauty of this game is the stalking of your prey, out in the open, while another hunter observes your every move. It would completely ruin the game if everyone stood around spamming block the entire time....

P.S. I love how some people run around racking up quick kills only to wind up in 6th or 7th place...

obliviondoll
11-20-2010, 05:20 PM
I voted no because you're asking for a totally timing-based combat system to be put into an environment where it's going to lag.

NOT going to happen.

Please no.

OFFLINE multiplayer swordfights, yes please. Online, **** no. (manually censored, insert your own choice of profanity)

rb2610
11-20-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm not against it being available, no harm in more variety as long as it's just an optional gamemode that doesn't effect the current way multiplayer is.

So I'm voting yes, but on the condition that it's a separate gamemode, with the main gamemode being the existing ones as they are.

EDIT: Second thoughts, I'm not voting, maybe make another poll option?

postwick
11-20-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaceMagoo:

Agreed, and I voted no as well. To me the point of the gameplay (and what makes it so enjoyable) is to quickly strike your target and get away without being noticed. And like Magoo said, if sword fighting was added you'd get more people dueling out in the open instead of using social stealth. It would make you an even bigger target to your pursuer, even more so than running on rooftops. You aren't defenseless in this game, that's what the abilities are for </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I posted another thread on this idea, the hand-to-hand battles in the multiplayer...and I don't understand this line of reasoning you posted.

nobody is saying take away the existing game modes where stealth is the key. just that we want MORE game modes and some of them could be more battle oriented since battle IS a big part of AC.