PDA

View Full Version : The videos

llhenry
02-05-2007, 04:39 AM
In one of the videos Altair(if thats his name)is walking towards his target and his target shouts assassin, and in another Altair is just walking thourgh the streets and the guards walk up behined him as if they already no that he is an assassin, so does this mean every one no's who you are so you have to always be on the run from guards? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

noobfun
02-05-2007, 05:42 AM
the only video i remeber anyone shouting assassin is when he is walking through the streets and 2 guards/templars start following him

i think they noticed the missing finger, see hiding in the crowd is a good thing ^_^

llhenry
02-05-2007, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
the only video i remeber anyone shouting assassin is when he is walking through the streets and 2 guards/templars start following him

The video with the guy on the stage with the people who have been hung behined him shouts it to his guards.

noobfun
02-05-2007, 07:05 AM
the one with the bell tolling in the background ...

in fairness you get the guys view of the crowd and can see altair pushing through the crowd towards him

its a time when nizari were greatly feared by everyone, so its a "**** this could be trouble reaction"

both the videos are prerendered video not game play when they spot him, if you watch the x06 demo when he leaves the group of monks theres a guard stood at the gate that ignores him as he walks infront of him, he also rides past a guard at the city gate with no reaction

it would be ******ed if every guard knew you by sight

WildDog9
02-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Especially back in the Third Crusade times, I don't think they had E-Mail or U.S. Postal.

Maximus1170
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
it would be ******ed if every guard knew you by sight

to some point, if you have wanted posters on every corner with a large bounty on your head, everyone is going to know what you generaly look like (or at least the general look of you clothes when you made the assassination). But they would only make this a part of the game if they allowed you to change your clothing.

The_Sphinx
02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
I assume the game has a "awareness" factor similar to Hitman Blood Money.

The more trouble you get yourself into (like killing innocent people) the more people will recognize you on the streets.

But for gameplay's sake this should stay inside the city, not spread throughout the country.

Agent_Alpha
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
That is one thing I never got about Oblivion;
If I got caught committing a crime (Which happens once in a blue moon) suddenly every guard in all of Cyrodill suddenly knows my crime, and my face. it's as if they all are part of a shared consciousness (AKA The Many [From System Shock 2])

Anyways, I don't think the guards will notice you unless you do something to draw attention to yourself, f'rinstance, if a bunch of guards see you leaping gracefully from building to building, then you bump into them later, they might be on their toes around you.

Anubis14_360
02-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Sure you may have wanted posters every were but , if you help the poor and the priests and other people they will not turn you in like, robin hood and Ned Kelly they weir fights for the people helping them by burring down banks so they had no record of who owe the bank money (Ned Kelly) and getting back at the government (Robin hood I do not know any thing about him and I think he is made up not history )
So yeah...if you help them they will help you

llhenry
02-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by noobfun:
in fairness you get the guys view of the crowd and can see altair pushing through the crowd towards him

I just watched the video again i geuss you're right thanks for straightning that out for me.