PDA

View Full Version : rafiqs/comrades

altairego
05-25-2008, 09:21 AM
guys,

who is your least and most favourite rafiq in the game? WHY?

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd have to say Malik. Because he's the most genuinely disingenuous if you know what I mean

altairego
05-25-2008, 09:27 AM
i would have to go with the damascus being the fave: his veiled compliments are so friggin' cool. the least fave is acre -- that guy just... wants me to go up the wall, honestly. his attitude man...

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 09:28 AM
I hated the guy from Damascus because he babbled a lot and seemed a little bit too happy.

The old guy was okay.

Malik rocked though because he has one arm and you finally become friends again at the end and he saves you from the zombie guards.

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I still doubt Maliks sincerity towards the end. I can't help but feel that Malik only makes nice because he's seen the way the wind is blowing. But I suppose the next game will tell us if my theory (it's a conspiracy) plays out or not

altairego
05-25-2008, 09:33 AM
i don't doubt malik: i think he's sincere cause altair makes the first peace offering by callim him dai during second jerusalem assassination. i think that takes malik off guard a bit and sets him thinking cutting through his hate

Kaxen6
05-25-2008, 10:47 AM
I love Malik. He is made of pure win.

The peppy one was rather good too. I don't like the 3rd one because he is so unmemorable compared to the other two.

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 10:55 AM
definatly malik.
i cant even remember the other twos names.

altairego
05-25-2008, 10:57 AM
they don't have any. only malik has a name. malik has a month to change his attitude if i am reading the time line right

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 10:58 AM
I think one of them was actually called Rafik. The older guy

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 10:59 AM
are you dure.
if i can remember Altair does say thier name.
i thin one is called rafik. unless its someone else. i dont know.

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:00 AM
rafiq is a title folks, not a name. he calles them both rafiq

Kaxen6
05-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by altairego:
they don't have any. only malik has a name. malik has a month to change his attitude if i am reading the time line right

2 or 3 months I think...

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:02 AM
He calls the happy Damascus guy rafiq too, doesn't he? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

I thought it was closer to four or five months...

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 11:03 AM
u know altairego i did notice that.
i though i was going mad.
but now i know im not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

what do you guys mean about months?
why did he have months to change?

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:03 AM
"Rafeeq" means partner, or friend, in Arabic.

Not necessarily a friend, but it can be used to describe one.

I liked the old dude (Acre?), he had this "I'm older and therefore wiser than you Altair" air around him, yet he was always calm...

Next assassin leader if you ask me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:06 AM
ha, right next leader -- "i am only a rafiq, such things are beyond me" understand these words, grim

as for hannah, altair mentions at one point that "the things i've seen THESE PAST FEW WEEKS" and that leads me to say at least a month for malik to work on himself

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Always count on Scythe to cut you down and correct your bad Arabics. XD

Altair should lead, he's a master assassin for Pete's sake. -_-

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 11:07 AM
oh right.
still it was pretty good of malik to forgive altair, especially after he lost his brother and his arm because of him

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:09 AM
it was huge of him.. "you're not the same man who went with me into solomon's temple so you have nothing to apologise for" -- that is humoungous of him http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
I still think the little brother should've survived. Would've been cooler that way. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Kaxen6
Originally posted by HannahIsMyName:
u know altairego i did notice that.
i though i was going mad.
but now i know im not http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

what do you guys mean about months?
why did he have months to change?

Reading the instruction manual, they mention they are studying Altair over certain months so I assumed that much time passed.

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 11:10 AM
i dont know what happened to our manual.
i read a bit of it and then it just dissapeared.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:11 AM
studying over months could mean THEIR timeline but not altair's timeline

LaurenIsSoMosh
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
I assumed that much time passed. Same here.

Although there is a point to that "past few weeks" thing.

Maybe they were studying Altair for those months, but they only had Desmond play through the highlighting last few weeks...

ScytheOfGrim
Always count on Scythe to cut you down and correct your bad Arabics. XD

Hey, if FableB isn't showing his past interest in such things, I don't mind covering up for him! ^_^

ha, right next leader -- "i am only a rafiq, such things are beyond me" understand these words, grim
Doesn't make a difference.
He's the only one with brain and experience enough t fit into that position.

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:13 AM
But if such things are beyond him then he must be lacking some sort of brains and experience in that area.

altairego
dont make me laugh.. another old man?! time to inject some young blood so that the brotherhood such as it is can continue

kax, it could be that they're studying altair before they got desmond. if they didn't think theyd need altair then desmond falls out of picture. they needed to know that altair existed and find out about him before grabbing his descendant

Kaxen6
Originally posted by altairego:
studying over months could mean THEIR timeline but not altair's timeline

They only used Desmond for seven days.

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:16 AM
dont make me laugh.. another old man?! time to inject some young blood so that the brotherhood such as it is can continue

The young are oh, so very ignorant and arrogant.

Of all the assassin characters we were introduced to (not that they were that many), he is the only one that fits in that position.

No matter how much you deny it, Malek, Altair and even that guard you throw off the cliff every time you leave the fortress, none of them can stand up to the place as well as he can.

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:20 AM
grim, i take issue with that. just cause you don't shave every day does not mean you're stupid and arrogant. the old are too set in their ways and after al mualim conservatism is the last thing they can afford to happen.

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
if altair becomes the master who will do the assassinations? he cant do both. hes good, but not that good.
and what if he grows.....an al mualim beard?
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:23 AM
Old man
-------
Has the maturity, +1.
Lacks assassin knowledge, +0.
Total = 1.

Altair
------
Arrogant, -1.
Has assassin knowledge, +1.
Total = 0.

Malik
-----
Has one arm, +5.
Total = 6.

Malik gets the job done.

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:25 AM
So it is better to put an inexperienced youth, with no sense of better judgment and a mind so easily manipulated, up on top of all the assassins to lead them forward?

With age comes wisdom in the form of experience.
With experience comes the ability to avoid manipulation.
The ability to avoid manipulation is what leads to inevitable success.

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
why does malik get points for 1 arm?
altair is not arrogant -- i have revised my earlier opinion of him. he's simply confident but like all boys he lets it get away with him

Kaxen6
05-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Old man
-------
Has the maturity, +1.
Lacks assassin knowledge, +0.
Total = 1.

Altair
------
Arrogant, -1.
Total = 0.

Malik
-----
Has one arm, +5.
Total = 6.

Malik gets the job done.

Malik is awesome... but he's kinda pissy... I'm not sure if that would be good...

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Always count on Scythe to cut you down and correct your bad Arabics. XD

Hey, if FableB isn't showing his past interest in such things, I don't mind covering up for him! ^_^

Doesn't make a difference.
He's the only one with brain and experience enough t fit into that position. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And let's not forget he did kill the old Master. The most common method of advancement

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:28 AM
Malik would make a good pirate at least. Young, immature, argues a lot, has one arm, knows how to handle a sword. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I want to see Malik flipping pancakes... @_@

That would boost him all the way up to number one in my mind... >_>

Kaxen6
05-25-2008, 11:31 AM
I want to see Malik flipping pancakes... @_@

That would boost him all the way up to number one in my mind... >_>

I've been considering drawing Malik flipping pancakes.

One place said the Assassins made hotcakes instead of cakes...

And hotcakes are pancakes!

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:32 AM
grim, he did avoid manipulation -- if he hadn't then he'd not have had the ability to kill al mualim. he saw right through the illusion of the ball

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I want hotcakes and pancakes to be different, just because hotcake is a cooler word. @_@

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I like pancakes... *drooldrooldrool*

It depends Kax, there's sort of "pancake" that is found here in the Middle East that you won't find elsewhere...
Let's see if I can find anything...

But until he becomes a professional breakfast chef, old dude from Acre should be the next monarch.

EDIT:
@ altairego:
Manipulation comes in many forms, and when one is in a powerful position it is even more difficult to dissect these manipulators from the common folk.

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:34 AM
the rafiq from acre is so friggin colourless -- he could nt avoid manipulation anymore than you with your pancakes

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Acre in general is colorless, it's not his fault.

Kaxen6
05-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I like pancakes... *drooldrooldrool*

It depends Kax, there's sort of "pancake" that is found here in the Middle East that you won't find elsewhere...
Let's see if I can find anything...

But until he becomes a professional breakfast chef, old dude from Acre should be the next monarch.

@_@ Help explain to me the mysterious mysteries of Middle Eastern cuisine.

Though yesterday my friends and I made pink cake (since it's pink in the comic) and dubbed it Assassin Cake.

"What's the difference between normal cake and Assassin cake?"
"Assassin cake is baked badass!"

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 11:38 AM
I have no idea what you're all talking about anymore

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:42 AM
We're talking about cuisines, and altairego is trying to prove a point that I will not have.
Simple.

@_@ Help explain to me the mysterious mysteries of Middle Eastern cuisine.
It's a sort of traditional kind of "pancake".
Although the older people would have your head for calling it that, that's what they are in the end.

It's basically the same ingredients, but with a lot more fat... >_>
Much unhealthier as is custom of Arab cuisine...

You have some giant stove which you spread the mixture onto, and then you even it out and spread it about...
Tasty outcome, really... @_@

And now you're making me hungry... >_>

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:44 AM
I think you're just making yourself hungry. ^_^

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 11:44 AM
And what point is that?

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Altairego says that the old guy from Acre should not be the next assassin leader. And Scythe says he should.

And I say he should too. As long as he doesn't turn evil. Besides, he seems to respect Altair a lot so that's cool.

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 11:49 AM
i dont know who should be leader.
i dont think altair should be tho.
or any of the beureu leaders.
we need someone knew

altairego
05-25-2008, 11:51 AM
the point is that the old rafiq in acre is not suited for master of assassins by his own admission
just because he's old and supposedly thus wise does not qualify him to lead assassins in turbulent times

LaurenIsSoMosh
05-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Well no one ever said he was going to admit himself.

They would vote for him.

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:54 AM
And you think Malik or Altair would do better job?

Foolishness.

altairego
altair saved their asses by killing al mualim. the least they can do is give the man his due. for right or wrong reasons he is the best of them.

HannahIsMyName
i liked it when al mualim was master.
even though he was evil and hell bent on getting the treasure. i dont know why, it had a nice feel to it though.
maybe its because i dont like change

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 11:55 AM
So because a man is capable of overcoming an aged man, and his orb of light, he is automatically to be thought of as a God among men?

Folly.

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 12:02 PM
back in them times he was.
they were easier to impress

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 12:06 PM
No, they were not.

In their times it was a lot more difficult to impress someone by magic.

The belief in God and a higher power was much stronger, so seeing a glowing dude in front of them did not make them name him God.

But today is a different story... >_>

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 12:08 PM
they wernt easier to impress?
if you could swim they assumed you were a witch for gods sake.
not sure if it was that exact period, but it could have been around that time

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I think Alta´r would do a better job. But being young he'd make a lot of mistakes in the early days. He certainly has the charisma to earn the respect even of those who dislike him. They may not be polite to him, but they know not to push him too far. Also, he is often referred to as Al Mualims favourite, so it's pretty clear The Beard wanted him to take over anyway

ScytheOfGrim
05-25-2008, 12:10 PM
they wernt easier to impress?
if you could swim they assumed you were a witch for gods sake.
not sure if it was that exact period, but it could have been around that time

That was in Europe.

And not in the Islamic Empire, where we are talking about now. >_>

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 12:12 PM
You have to remember, that back in the twelfth century they weren't as conscious of the effects of aging as we are now. They kind of assumed that if you lived as long as The Beard had, then you must have been blessed by Allah and thus could overcome any obstacle. Especially an assault by some man who was so much younger, and 'obviously' less experienced than you are

HannahIsMyName
05-25-2008, 12:13 PM
'The Beard' hehe, that funny

ok scythe whatever, history isnt my strongest subject anyway

Bobfish_Almight
05-25-2008, 12:18 PM
He's right. In Islam during the twelfth century you had to worry more about being slaughtered by Crusaders simply because you were there

spazzoo1025
05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
i liked the guy in Damascus, what a crazy dude

altairego
05-26-2008, 08:35 AM
yea, the crazy pottery obsessed guy -- what an innocent way to cover up his true id.

red_girl
05-26-2008, 10:14 AM
my favorite rafiq is Malik. i like his accent.. and i liked his lines. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif "and that is why u remain a novice in my eyes".. i'll never forget that.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

altairego
05-26-2008, 03:11 PM
true, malik is a quote machine honestly. "indeed he'll teach you to disregard everything the master's taught us"
"no, you don't. I don't accept your apology because you're not the same man who went with me into solomon's temple and so you have nothing to apologise for" altair is appalled. That is my fave line by malik.
although "rest, prepare, cry in the corner. just make sure you do it quietly" is a close second.

Bobfish_Almight
05-26-2008, 03:56 PM
"Rest, prepare, cry in a corner. Do whatever it is you do before a mission. Only do it quietly"

altairego
05-26-2008, 08:00 PM
malik cracks me up, man...
the vitriol, the sarcasm... i thought i had mastered