PDA

View Full Version : Radio question

Pr0metheus 1962
11-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Maybe this has been asked before, but the second part probably hasn't:

Will we be able to listen to radio programmes like German weekly news or British propaganda broadcasts (which included pop music)? I think it would add to the immersion factor immensely if this sort of thing was available.

If not, will we be able to record old broadcasts and add them into the game - perhaps even have monthly slots so that we can program a specific broadcast to play only during one specific month of the war?

SailorSteve
11-12-2004, 02:23 PM
That would be cool.

HeibgesU999
11-12-2004, 06:07 PM
there will be an MP3 player in the captains cabin.

maybe throw on some War Pigs by Black Sabbath when going in for the attack!

ParaB
11-12-2004, 06:17 PM
I'm hoping for a couple of real radio broadcasts, like the victory over France, the capture of Tobruk, Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Tunis, Normandy etc...

E.Thang
11-12-2004, 06:47 PM
I never thought of that. That would be very cool. However don't crank that Glenn Miller to loud, the British may hear you.

HeibgesU999
11-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I wonder where you could get archived radio broadcasts?

jeroen-79
11-12-2004, 08:20 PM
BBC?

Erich Hartmann
11-13-2004, 12:53 AM
News will be the best.

negus1
11-13-2004, 05:54 AM
I do not know a radio archiv but a very good newsreel archive: www.wochenschau-archiv.de (http://www.wochenschau-archiv.de) (it's also in Englisch). for broadband quality you have to register but it takes only a few days ...

CB..
11-13-2004, 07:15 AM
this place is a good one..
earthstation one (http://www.earthstation1.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=E&Category_Code=WWII)

Yarrick_
11-13-2004, 07:45 AM
I thought that having the radio / mp3 player on is going to affect stealth.

hauitsme
11-13-2004, 08:15 AM
Only if you're blasting it while the enemy is near. But yes, if they are nearby and looking for you, then chances are they'll hear those subwoofers a-boomin. The e-motors and other various sounds throughout the boat are loud enough as it is. Adding a phonograph record to the mix won't do a thing, UNLESS the enemy is right there. And it's nothing compared to the sound of your diesels if they're running.
Now, if anyone is so stupid that they have it playing during 'silent' running, that's something else entirely!

Jose.MaC
11-13-2004, 05:37 PM
Agree with some radio music canned -may be easy to get a hit parade of those days, with minimal acuracy-, and some key news: I don't want to listen every speech of nazis at radio, but to follow the war.

At some point, it was done in Silent Service II by pop ups while in the map screen, and in the bar in Ace of Deeps.

Anyway, radio transmisions like the ones we had in Ace of Deeps will add inmersion to the game: "U-37 An explosion..."

adejb1
12-29-2004, 07:55 AM
I'll be playing this while on patrol.
http://www.pzg.biz/cd220_kriegsmarine.htm

U-551 Kapitan
12-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Nice, maybe I'll illegally dl it, but that one will be rare to find.

Leif...
12-29-2004, 08:49 AM
I€ve been thinking about this for my own sim and one idea was to have different radio stations represented by different directories on the HD. So one directory would be a German music station for instance, another could be English propaganda, yet another could play your own favourite music and so on and so forth. Changing station would be by tuning the radio, music fades out and gets replaced by static noise until you find another station and the music from that one fades in.

Fairly easy to do, can get complicated if one wish though since the music €œshould€ continue to play even if you don€t listen to the that particular station. So that when tuning in to a station you may find yourself in the middle of a speech or song and not always in the beginning of the mp3.

Ah well, don€t know how it will work in SH3 though.

Leif€¦

HeibgesU999
12-29-2004, 03:29 PM
The Grand Theft Auto series has great radio stations.

Seesack
12-30-2004, 05:21 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by negus1:
I do not know a radio archiv but a very good newsreel archive: http://www.wochenschau-archiv.de (it's also in Englisch). for broadband quality you have to register but it takes only a few days ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose, they only offer newsreels dated since 1949 ("Neue (new)Deutsche Wochenschau"), but possibly you can find something searching the links on that site.