PDA

View Full Version : The ingame arabic qoutes

Hamodda1
06-03-2008, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone I noticed that a lot of you were wandering about what the arabic qoutes meant and how they pronounced in the game so I decided to give it a shot

first of all what Altair said at the end of the game is in arabic and its translation is "nothing is true, every thing is permitted" and that is the translation of what he said in Arabic "لا شئ واقع مطلق بل كل ممكن" {La Shay' Wakion Motlak Bal Kollon Momken}
although he sounded funny when he said it in arabic but it is ok

The word "Al Moalem" means the master or the teacher in arabic "المعلم"

Altair "الطائر" means the flying one and this arabic word describes only the birds neither planes nor rockets

"Al Madrassa" "المدرسة" means the school
some time when you are in Damascus or Jerusalim you hear a man talking to some people and from what he says "Al Shaytan الشيطان meaning Satan is everywhere watching, waiting, he tempts us always. be strong strong like Salah Al din.........This is our "adar قدر meaning Fate" to die serving our God........"

The Guards Qoutes:
when you get close to a guard he might say one of the followings
- "هل تريد قول شئ ما ؟" "Hal Toreed Kawl Shay' Ma?" meaning "Do you want to say something?"
- "هل ت*تاج شئ ما؟" "Hal Tahtaaj Shay' Ma?" meaning "Do you need anything?"
- "ار*ل" "Irhal" meaning "Leave"
-"ار*ل، انتهى الأمر" "Irhal, Int'ha Al Amr" meaning "It is over, Leave"

and if they saw you making something weird like climbing a wall they would say:
- "هلا سأله أ*دكم لماذا يفعل ذلك؟" "Halla Sa'alho Ahadokom Limaza Yaf'alo Zalik?" meaning "Would anyone ask him why he is doing this, please?"
- "أاصابه الجنون؟" A'asabho Al Jonoon?" meaning "Is he mad?"

and when you try and save an innocent Altair will say before the fight starts:
-"تمهل" "Tamahl" meaning "wait don't do this"
-"ردها عليه" "Rdoha Alaih" meaning "I will have it at you"
-"على رسلك" "Ala Rislek" meaning "stop"
-"وي*ك" "wayhak" meaning "you are in trouble"

during the fight:
-"الموت للكافر" "Al Mawt Lil Kafer" meaning "Death for the disbeliever"
-"*سن جدا" "Hasn Jiddan" meaning"very well man"
-"اقضوا عليه" "Ikdo Alaih" meaning "Kill him"

after killing a guard:
-"اه، فلبي فلبييي!" "Ah. Alby,Albyyyyy" meaning "Ah my heart my heart"
-"ساعدوني يا رجال" "saidoony ya rijaal" meaning "help me people"

when there is a patrol of walking guards they say to each other:
-"ن*ن نعرف شكله" "Nahn na'ref Shaklah" meaning "we know his face very well"
-"لا بد و أنه لم يغادر المدينة و هو الأمر السديد الذي كان عليه فعله" " La Bod Wa anho lam yughader Al Madenah , Wa hwa Al amr al sadeed Allazy Kan alaih fe'loh" meaning "I am sure that he didn't leave the city, which was the right thing to be done"

will that is all I can remember wish that help you

Hamodda1
06-03-2008, 04:26 AM
Hi everyone I noticed that a lot of you were wandering about what the arabic qoutes meant and how they pronounced in the game so I decided to give it a shot

first of all what Altair said at the end of the game is in arabic and its translation is "nothing is true, every thing is permitted" and that is the translation of what he said in Arabic "لا شئ واقع مطلق بل كل ممكن" {La Shay' Wakion Motlak Bal Kollon Momken}
although he sounded funny when he said it in arabic but it is ok

The word "Al Moalem" means the master or the teacher in arabic "المعلم"

Altair "الطائر" means the flying one and this arabic word describes only the birds neither planes nor rockets

"Al Madrassa" "المدرسة" means the school
some time when you are in Damascus or Jerusalim you hear a man talking to some people and from what he says "Al Shaytan الشيطان meaning Satan is everywhere watching, waiting, he tempts us always. be strong strong like Salah Al din.........This is our "adar قدر meaning Fate" to die serving our God........"

The Guards Qoutes:
when you get close to a guard he might say one of the followings
- "هل تريد قول شئ ما ؟" "Hal Toreed Kawl Shay' Ma?" meaning "Do you want to say something?"
- "هل ت*تاج شئ ما؟" "Hal Tahtaaj Shay' Ma?" meaning "Do you need anything?"
- "ار*ل" "Irhal" meaning "Leave"
-"ار*ل، انتهى الأمر" "Irhal, Int'ha Al Amr" meaning "It is over, Leave"

and if they saw you making something weird like climbing a wall they would say:
- "هلا سأله أ*دكم لماذا يفعل ذلك؟" "Halla Sa'alho Ahadokom Limaza Yaf'alo Zalik?" meaning "Would anyone ask him why he is doing this, please?"
- "أاصابه الجنون؟" A'asabho Al Jonoon?" meaning "Is he mad?"

and when you try and save an innocent Altair will say before the fight starts:
-"تمهل" "Tamahl" meaning "wait don't do this"
-"ردها عليه" "Rdoha Alaih" meaning "I will have it at you"
-"على رسلك" "Ala Rislek" meaning "stop"
-"وي*ك" "wayhak" meaning "you are in trouble"

during the fight:
-"الموت للكافر" "Al Mawt Lil Kafer" meaning "Death for the disbeliever"
-"*سن جدا" "Hasn Jiddan" meaning"very well man"
-"اقضوا عليه" "Ikdo Alaih" meaning "Kill him"

after killing a guard:
-"اه، فلبي فلبييي!" "Ah. Alby,Albyyyyy" meaning "Ah my heart my heart"
-"ساعدوني يا رجال" "saidoony ya rijaal" meaning "help me people"

when there is a patrol of walking guards they say to each other:
-"ن*ن نعرف شكله" "Nahn na'ref Shaklah" meaning "we know his face very well"
-"لا بد و أنه لم يغادر المدينة و هو الأمر السديد الذي كان عليه فعله" " La Bod Wa anho lam yughader Al Madenah , Wa hwa Al amr al sadeed Allazy Kan alaih fe'loh" meaning "I am sure that he didn't leave the city, which was the right thing to be done"

will that is all I can remember wish that help you

ScytheOfGrim
06-03-2008, 04:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> first if all what Altair said at the end of the game is in arabic and its translation is "nothing is true, every thing is permitted" and that is the translation of what he said
in Arabic "لا شئ واقع مطلق بل كل ممكن" {La Shay' Wakion Motlak Bal Kollon Momken} </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I said it before, although the intentions of the developers were clear in its meaning, to translate it directly would get you:
"Nothing that is real is forever, but everything is possible."

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The word "Al Moalem" means the master or the teacher in arabic "المعلم" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
More "teacher" than "master".
It is, although, used to signify one of higher importance than one's self.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
Altair "الطائر" means the flying one and this arabic word describes only the birds not planes or rockets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The name has been pronounced in a number of different ways, including:
-Al-tayr
-Al-ta-er
-And a mix of the two by certain devs... &gt;_&gt;

Now, both mean different things.
-Al-tayr (الطير) would mean "the bird", without specifying a specific type of bird.
-Al-ta-er (الطائر) would mean "the flying one".
-And the last is non-existent... &gt;_&gt;

So it depends on how the name is truly pronounced, and we can't assume its pronunciation because multiple people have said it differently.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> some time when you are in Damascus or Jerusalim you hear a man talking to some people and from what he says "Al Shaytan الشيطان meaning Satan is everywhere watching, waiting, he tempts us always. be strong strong like Salah Al din.........This is our "adar قدر meaning Fate" to die serving our God........" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you're trying to say, but some will confuse what you're saying...
"Al Shaytan" means "Satan", or "the devil"...
"Qadar" means "fate".
It does not have to mean what he specifically said, but it can be translated into it depending upon its context...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
-"اه، فلبي فلبييي!" "Ah. Alby,Albyyyyy" meaning "Ah my heart mey heart" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You're from Syria, or Jordan, or Lebanon... right? ^_^
I can tell by your pronunciation...
In classical Arabic, it is "Qalby! Qalbyyy!!!", as opposed to what he has typed, which is based upon a dialect.

I do have to thank you, however, for going through just about every single thing in Arabic in the game... I could never have brought myself to do it... &gt;_&gt;

Now... who wants to translate the Turkish?

Hamodda1
06-03-2008, 04:56 AM
I would like to thank you for your replay ScytheOfGrim and I appreciate your notes but first the name of Altair which is pronounced "الطائر" is decided from ubisoft montreal team as they indicated in the game's manual that his name means "the flying one"

and about the words that Altair said at the end of the game I think that it can be roughly translated like this "There is nothing absolute, everything is poosible"
and by the way I am Egyptian

ScytheOfGrim
06-03-2008, 05:04 AM
BAH! Forgot about Egypt... @_@
All of those countries ignore the "Q"'s in Arabic... &gt;_&gt;

I have just looked through the manual of the PS3 version of the game, and, although I doubt it, unless the PC version of the game has a different manual, it says nothing about the meaning of his name...
Unless I missed it... in which case it would be nice of you to post the exact page... &gt;_&gt;

Ubisoft developers have pronounced the name in many different ways, and I remember Jade Raymond giving two definitions for the name in two different interviews.
Those two definitions are the same as I posted above, but the problem is, it is difficult to select which is the correct definition thanks to the horrible pronunciation on behalf of the dev team...

Hamodda1
06-03-2008, 05:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
...the problem is, it is difficult to select which is the correct definition thanks to the horrible pronunciation on behalf of the dev team... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah I know what you mean they should at least ask some linguistic profissional in the arabic language and the other thing that irritates me why there is no arabic version for any game I mean every game goes out with different language versions except the arabic although these games are quite popular in the arabic regions so why there is no arabic versions for the game and I have something to say about the writings on Minarets although they might appear to be arabic no one can read them as if they were images and they put it together in a scrapped way

ScytheOfGrim
06-03-2008, 05:54 AM
True, the calligraphy on the minarets were only parts of words... in fact, it was always the same word on every single minaret... &gt;_&gt;

I prefer that they don't come out with Arabic versions of any game... &gt;_&gt;
Arabic cartoons are bad enough... listening to Arabic voice overs... eww...
Classical Arabic cannot be used for anything in the media, besides the news...

Although, I must say that I'm impressed that they do print Arabic manuals and blurbs onto the game cases if you get the game from an official provider...

Hamodda1
06-04-2008, 12:58 AM
yeah I am impressed too but don't you think that it would be great if they did this game in classic arabic?

ScytheOfGrim
06-04-2008, 06:51 AM
No, I really, really don't... @_@

Keep the horribly imitated Arab accents... going completely Arabic would be just evil...
They make it sound so corny... &gt;_&gt;

nevar23
06-04-2008, 09:16 PM
Awesome! Thanks to both of you for those translations!

FableB
06-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Yay, it seems that we are having more and more Arab members that don't think that Altair means eagle.

But yeah, you have to make sure if it is Altair(الطير) or Alta'ir (الطائر) because they have different meanings...

Hamodda1
06-05-2008, 03:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nevar23:
Awesome! Thanks to both of you for those translations! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you are welcome

AinsariofAfshar
06-17-2008, 04:59 PM
About the Turkish parts:

Not all of them are Turkish, there is quite a bit of farsi which I will translate for you:

during fighting and chases:
eh, bey namous! - meaning literally " no honor" its actually a really bad phrase to say, I cringed when I heard it, then laughed.
atman paydahed mekonam - meaning "I will definately find you!
che makoney esun - meaning "what are you doing here?" I didn't get his full phrase, though
koja mere... - meaning "where are you going" still didn't hear the rest of the phrase but thats the most of it...

During marches:

ohn ke kage raft esoon pass barr meyoyat - meaning "he who has gone astary will soon come back" or just "he who has gotten away will come back" more likely the first one, but its really all in context...

thats all I can think of now...

Hamodda1
06-23-2008, 02:15 AM
thanks for your help AinsariofAfshar

Thundercaller
06-24-2008, 01:14 AM
That's pretty cool that they use Arabic calligraphy for the minarets. I haven't gotten very far into the game yet, but I do hope there's more Islamic architecture. So far what I've seen has been more along the lines of "western" (not in the classical sense) fortresses and all that.

ScytheOfGrim
06-24-2008, 02:03 AM
The Arabic "calligraphy" that they used in the game is a big joke.
It's a sentence cut off in the middle, and not even at the end of a word! Right in the middle of the word!
Horrible cropping and a lazy job, then it was copy/pasted multiple times until they used up all the allotted space.

Laziness?
Yes.

Thundercaller
06-24-2008, 02:25 AM
It's probably because they expect 95% of the people playing the game won't be able to read it.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if there were religious considerations. If you have calligraphy on a minaret, it's got to be religious, and maybe the devs were worried some people might find the inclusion of verses in a video game to be offensive. You never know these days, with the way people get hysterical over that stuff. (And the game does have a note at the beginning saying it was produced by a multi-cultural/multi-religious production team.)

ScytheOfGrim
06-24-2008, 04:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's probably because they expect 95% of the people playing the game won't be able to read it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah! Really?
I'm sure they didn't even consider the Arabic speaking population when making this game.
The fact that they went out of their way to put in spoken Arabic phrases is impressive.

I highly doubt it's to do with religious clashes.
I mean, there's a Church you can enter and kill people in.

They wouldn't have tried to respect one religion, and no the other.
Or, at least, if they had any sense then they wouldn't do such a thing.

Although it's true, I prefer it the way it is.
I don't want Altair to stick his foot on verses from the Qur'an simply to scout out the land... &gt;_&gt;

Thundercaller
06-24-2008, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">They wouldn't have tried to respect one religion, and no the other. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, yes they would. You stage a battle in a church, at best no one says a thing, and at worst maybe the Catholic League would complain on their website.

But if you throw in Quranic verses, and have the video game's protagonist putting his foot against those verses for leverage on a minaret, people start to get "offended" and it can escalate into ridiculousness.

Of course, that has less to do with respect than it does to do with fear offending people or getting them angry.

ScytheOfGrim
06-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Which means, according to my post, that they officially don't have any sense.

Hamodda1
06-27-2008, 12:25 PM
will! I want to say something about the religion part in the game. It seems that they gave so much thought on how they are going to deal with Altair's religion "wither he is Muslim or Christian or whatever" more than caring about anything else and eventually they made him a "templar". they made him a believer yet he doesn't believe in God!. and it looks like he doesn't care about any other religion or whatever. may be this is because his master's teachings, as Malik indicated at the end of the game "SPOILER"

that Almoalem has tepmlarized them all
and another fact that ubisoft ignored is the fact that whoever has a muslim father is considered a muslim unless the son follow another religion on his own will. and we can not say anything about this matter as we don't know anything about his past

another thing I want to say about this game, why they have to make the gaurds say "infidel" in english and arabic language to Altair, it is not something that muslims can accuse or call others with as an insult or whatever. they could have used other words as an insult like "you bastard"...

and why do they have to hit a scholar and tell him that he is following a false god.noooo muslims respect other believers and do not treat them like dogs

and why the hell do the gaurds have to say that they are the true children of god??! what is the meaning of this? no muslim would dare and say such words

so it is as you said man "they didn't even consider the Arabic speaking population when making this game"
and "They wouldn't have tried to respect one religion, and not the other" or at least they may have asked the wrong people.

spazzoo1025
06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
woah Scythe and noob face-off!

L0rdeKing
07-08-2008, 02:30 AM
Hello everyone Hamodda is back

I don't know why I can't log in using my old user name and password I hope one of the forum's moderators tell me anything about this

BTOG46
07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Try logging in with your old account, it should work now.
It failed when you updated your profile with an entry in the "Country" field, sometimes the forum software has problems with an entry in that section.
If you want to let people know where you live, try using the "Location" field instead, that usually doesn't give any problems.

zgubilici
07-08-2008, 11:27 PM
It depends - the "Location" field has also given login errors to a lot of users after they filled it in or updated it.

Hamodda, you cannot use hmtl code in your signature - only UBB code http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Hamodda1
07-09-2008, 01:28 AM
thanks it's working now

L0rdeKing
07-09-2008, 01:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zgubilici:

Hamodda, you cannot use hmtl code in your signature - only UBB code </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

alright, thanks

ScytheOfGrim
07-09-2008, 03:56 AM
Woah woah woah...

That signature is just a little bit on the large side. &gt;_&gt;

I would normally avoid pointing out oversized signatures, unless I'm adding something to the topic, but that thing is huge. @_@
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5991081444

L0rdeKing
07-09-2008, 04:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
Woah woah woah...

That signature is just a little bit on the large side. &gt;_&gt;

I would normally avoid pointing out oversized signatures, unless I'm adding something to the topic, but that thing is huge. @_@
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5991081444 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok ok I know it is bigger than what I had expected but I will try and make it smaller later on tonight

L0rdeKing
07-14-2008, 12:15 PM
By the way if anyone was wondering about the meaning of the Arabic word at the end of the game which is "Zalzalah" الزلزلة it means Judgement day

L0rdeKing
09-20-2008, 09:46 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

Assassin_M
09-26-2009, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamodda1:
I would like to thank you for your replay ScytheOfGrim and I appreciate your notes but first the name of Altair which is pronounced "الطائر" is decided from ubisoft montreal team as they indicated in the game's manual that his name means "the flying one"

and about the words that Altair said at the end of the game I think that it can be roughly translated like this "There is nothing absolute, everything is poosible"
and by the way I am Egyptian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ta7ya gomhoreyet masr el 3arabiya

thekyle0
09-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Why? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-26-2009, 09:46 AM
such a necrohttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

PlagueDoctor357
09-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Shouldn't you pronounce his name the way Al Mualim does? He said Alty-ir or something.

Also, even if his father was Muslim, he calls himself the "Son of None" or whatever, so really....he doesn't HAVE to be Muslim as you said.

L0rdeKing
09-26-2009, 10:04 AM
WoW I forgot this thread completely

ScytheOfGrim
09-26-2009, 10:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamodda1:

and by the way I am Egyptian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ta7ya gomhoreyet masr el 3arabiya </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably the funniest thing I've ever read in a revitalizing post.

L0rdeKing
09-26-2009, 10:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PlagueDoctor357:
Shouldn't you pronounce his name the way Al Mualim does? He said Alty-ir or something.

Also, even if his father was Muslim, he calls himself the "Son of None" or whatever, so really....he doesn't HAVE to be Muslim as you said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't care what's his religion because it looks like he doesn't have one (templars?) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Xanatos2007
09-26-2009, 10:14 AM
Okay, who's been playing with my Necromancer's Codex again? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Grevling148
09-26-2009, 10:15 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hamodda1:Altair "الطائر" means the flying one and this arabic word describes only the birds neither planes nor rockets </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:The name has been pronounced in a number of different ways, including:
-Al-tayr
-Al-ta-er
-And a mix of the two by certain devs... &gt;_&gt;

Now, both mean different things.
-Al-tayr (الطير) would mean "the bird", without specifying a specific type of bird.
-Al-ta-er (الطائر) would mean "the flying one".
-And the last is non-existent... &gt;_&gt;

So it depends on how the name is truly pronounced, and we can't assume its pronunciation because multiple people have said it differently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDRBdzlZJ5A
According to this old dev diary, Altair means "Flying Eagle", or "The Flyer". Not saying it is correct (I don't know arabic). Just putting it out therehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

L0rdeKing
09-26-2009, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grevling148:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDRBdzlZJ5A
According to this old dev diary, Altair means "Flying Eagle", or "The Flyer". Not saying it is correct (I don't know arabic). Just putting it out therehttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah, it's not correct I think "The Flyer" is more accurate

SBRedFlag
09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Now that this thread is brought back from the dead, what do the guards say when harassing a citizen that you need to save? It's something turkish or Arabic, but I don't know either so...

L0rdeKing
09-26-2009, 01:36 PM
if it's a woman they would say "dirty theif I will cut your hand for stealing as a punishment"
{les haqeer sa'qta' yadaik jazaa' zalek}

if it's a man they would say "stupid old man you are wasting your time in teaching wrong beliefs" {ajooz kharef yudhay' waqtah fi ta'leem albaza'a}

Penniless Mr J
12-03-2010, 05:40 AM
when the guards chase you, they say what sounds like "caful ruyul".

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 10:48 AM
May I resurrect this thread again? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif I've been listening to the guards in the kingdom and such and wonder what they are saying...some I can't seem to find on here. Trouble is, I know no Arabic (other than a few religious phrases I've picked up for no apparent reason), Farsi or Turkish, nor do I know any romanisation of them...so I can't ask anyone specifically which ones I am interested in unless I can find a video or something.

I have a few translations of the French and German... I was thinking of making a thread for all translations, rather than just the middle-eastern ones. I used the "find" feature this time though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif (though, if anyone has any more German or French ones, feel free to let me know!)

germanosz
01-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Now that's a nice bump.
Anyway, feel free to PM me. I can help u with arabic & french.
I still need a video (preferably small sized; limited bandwidth sux)

itsamea-mario
01-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I can help you with some simple english...
Or atleast scouse.

Inorganic9_2
01-02-2011, 12:44 PM
^ LOL

Guard: Alright Assassin, ca'm down, ca'm down

@germanosz: thanks a lot! I will remember that. I'm having trouble finding any videos with any phrases in, but I'll keep looking. If I can;t find any, I'll have to take some myself. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

aliyah2312
02-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Please, Can anyone translate the soliders speaking in German and french? Especially the ones that march and the when Altair tries to save a citizen. Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

L0rdeKing
02-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I can say that they might say the same words that the arabic guards say and about the ones in the kingdom if you can link me to a video then I might be of help