PDA

View Full Version : Something very annyoing from past games which should be fixed in Brotherhood.

Mustkunstn1k
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
I just wanted to know if I am the only one who is bothered by this? Specially since it's hard to fix.

You see, when the character is walking (doing his little crouched movement) on a wall... or a beam (those which connect the roofs) there is one thing than is just impossible to do.

And that is to simply jump straight down. If you press it just left or right the character will start hanging from it and then you have to wait for the animation and then you can fall down. This just takes too long. Other chance is just press jump which might actually make you go where you didn't want to.

This is really annoying. Why can't we just hold down the action button (one that makes the character kind of sprint) and then press to left / right so he would fall down?

If I remember correctly it was even hard to get jump down from regular roofs without him jumping (otherwise he would just look down).

So yeah, they probably aren't gonna fix it because I complain (and it might be too late anyway), but I'm just thinking if I'm the only one who doesn't like this. And maybe they have already fixed this issue? :P

NuclearFuss
08-28-2010, 03:09 PM
That's not a big deal. What was a big deal was not having a proper vault move. The one in the first game was pretty useless because you had to jump first, and the second game didn't have it at all.

Mustkunstn1k
08-28-2010, 03:13 PM
True. But I don't remember that any objects to vault really.

NewBlade200
08-28-2010, 04:16 PM
good idea but i diddnt find that much of a problem beacause you could air tackle onto civilians or air assassinate guards to get down

gsosolid
08-28-2010, 07:01 PM
You can do it. I know what you're talking about and it is ANNOYING GRR!

Especially when, you want to jump of a building on to a slightly lower one, but instead he'll jump and land riiiiiiiiiiiiight on the floor and lose major health doing so. Then you've got to climb the building again blabla.

What you do is, you go towards the edge, and hold R1 and forward and you'll just drop down http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Caligula__
08-28-2010, 07:26 PM
i think there's a thread already like this (no i don't have the link) but i agree, it's very annoying but at least u can go up a view point hang off the beam and then drop off into the hay bale, it's kinda funny cause sometimes Ezio tries to twist around in mid air, sometimes he just hits the hay bale on this back

Anyway, i totally agree, it's very annoying and there should just be a button to hang and if you hold down that button you hang and drop in one movement

phil.llllll
08-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mustkunstn1k:
I just wanted to know if I am the only one who is bothered by this? Specially since it's hard to fix.

You see, when the character is walking (doing his little crouched movement) on a wall... or a beam (those which connect the roofs) there is one thing than is just impossible to do.

And that is to simply jump straight down. If you press it just left or right the character will start hanging from it and then you have to wait for the animation and then you can fall down. This just takes too long. Other chance is just press jump which might actually make you go where you didn't want to.

This is really annoying. Why can't we just hold down the action button (one that makes the character kind of sprint) and then press to left / right so he would fall down?

If I remember correctly it was even hard to get jump down from regular roofs without him jumping (otherwise he would just look down).

So yeah, they probably aren't gonna fix it because I complain (and it might be too late anyway), but I'm just thinking if I'm the only one who doesn't like this. And maybe they have already fixed this issue? :P

Couldn't agree more! In AC1 it was kind of easy to avoid if grab is held at the right moment before the end of a ledge (while not holding freerun, just sprint). In AC2 it doesn't work because the grab button is used to jump down onto other NPCs and always raises notoriety.