PDA

View Full Version : First MP experience

LC34
04-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Well just got done with my first time MP in Hyperlobby. I am pretty impressed. I joined a DF server with all the stuff like CEM, no externals, etc. on and I enjoyed it very much.

Got my first kill even! Then got shot down twice. So I guess I have a one kill for every two losses ratio so far lol. (Im sure that will soon turn into 1 kill ever 10000 losses)

One problem though. I am HORRIBLE at spotting enemy planes. How do you guys do it? Any hints or pointers for me? I just try to follow my team-members and wait for them to spot an enemy and then support them. Any help would be appriciated.

LC34
04-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Well just got done with my first time MP in Hyperlobby. I am pretty impressed. I joined a DF server with all the stuff like CEM, no externals, etc. on and I enjoyed it very much.

Got my first kill even! Then got shot down twice. So I guess I have a one kill for every two losses ratio so far lol. (Im sure that will soon turn into 1 kill ever 10000 losses)

One problem though. I am HORRIBLE at spotting enemy planes. How do you guys do it? Any hints or pointers for me? I just try to follow my team-members and wait for them to spot an enemy and then support them. Any help would be appriciated.

RdTimeTheCharm
04-05-2004, 03:59 AM
(unless you want to go cheap on the difficulty settings)

you'll get used to it :P

If you want, put up a QMB with most likely opponents, then zoom in and out to see how it looks like from a distance.

Then you can play with your graphics settings. I use 1024x768 due to performance and visibility issues.

Anyways, dont get frustrated. Youll get used to the one pixel dots. Your SA will improve and youll be able to get a "bigger picture" of the situation. " what is where etc. "

Maple_Tiger
04-05-2004, 04:01 AM
Usualy when igo FR ill change my resolution to 1024 by 768 and change landscape to High.

Look around all the time and check your six every 3 seconds or i should say frequently. Be on the look out for traser fire. Blue traser fire comes from German planes, while red comes from alied.

If padlock is enabled then hit F6 to padlock an enemy plane.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.

Proud member of the FBAA and Nutty Philosohpy Club.

VF-10_Snacky
04-05-2004, 04:03 AM
It's tuff at first, but keep scanning the skies. Aircraft will show up as dots long before you see a label (in most servers).
One of the things about FB I like is the visability of aircraft from different altitudes and ranges.

"Son of a B**ch! That's gonna leave a mark."

Capt.LoneRanger
04-05-2004, 04:34 AM
Welcome to the MP-skies http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

And congrats on your first kill.

Spotting the enemy is the first step towards victory, maybe to most important. You gotta be constantly scanning the skies, turning and rolling to check if anybody sneaks up on your from behind or below.
If you're not in combat, constantly search the skies. Don't be fooled by the safe feeling you've got over friendly territory. Friendly territory isn't.
If your in combat, check six even more often, not to end up in a sandwich between 2 enemy fighters. Bait and hunter is often seen, especially against squadies, that use comm-tools.
Try to evade. Even if in transit, never fly straight for more than 10 seconds. You may have overseen a single dot, that turns into your killer.

Oh, and some other things beyond tactics: Clean your screen, so you don't mix dots with dirt.
And then: Don't play at 1600x1200. In 1024x768 a dot is really a dot, not a microscopic change of pixel-color. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

greets
Capt.LoneRanger

http://www.imageshack.us/img1/7182/1703abcdefg.gif

SteelMag
04-05-2004, 04:35 AM
try bein stuck with the keyboard.....

oh well...if you see a stuka or he111 flyin its me.....on the vulching aloowed servers and the groundattack ones