PDA

View Full Version : No cape in AC:Revelations?

Brunadas
10-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi guys,if there is already a thread like this I'm sorry to start a new one but I wanna know why there isn't a cape in AC:Revelations?I'm not against that fact but what is the reason why they took it?

Also if I remember right,the cape used in AC2 and in AC:Brotherhood is used because of the notoriety in different places,how guards respond...Am I correct?

Cheers and thanks in advance

Iskander_Estel
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
there's is a cape, we're not sure if it's optional or if Ezio use it only at times when he wants to.

CRUDFACE
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
For changing notoriety, it might be tied tot he crest on his shirt, it's changing all the time, lol.

Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:
there's is a cape, we're not sure if it's optional or if Ezio use it only at times when he wants to.

You're talking about the one with the new hood during the combat trailer?

ace3001
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I think the default look has the cape removed in order to make him look more like Altair. Or something like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Brunadas
10-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
For changing notoriety, it might be tied tot he crest on his shirt, it's changing all the time, lol.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Iskander_Estel:

You're talking about the one with the new hood during the combat trailer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I noticed too that in the combat trailer there are parts where Ezio has a Cape,so the cape might be in the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers

JJTHoukes
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
When we see Ezio with the hooded cape, he's in Cappadocia. The underground, hidden Templar city.
He probably wore this cape to enter the city and to remain incognito for a while.
To hide his own identity.

CRUDFACE
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by ThyMolizzo:
When we see Ezio with the hooded cape, he's in Cappadocia. The underground, hidden Templar city.
He probably wore this cape to enter the city and to remain incognito for a while.
To hide his own identity.

I don't think it was to hide his identity, else he would've just changed his clothes like he did in Brotherhood.

JJTHoukes
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by t260z:
I don't think it was to hide his identity, else he would've just changed his clothes like he did in Brotherhood.

That would seem more logical, that he'd dress up as a templar.
But I can't come up with a different reason why he'd only wear a cape there.
Unless it's to protect him from the weather? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Brunadas
10-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I guess we will find out when we play the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I mean,I don't think Ubisoft will forget this detail about the cape(why Ezio only uses sometimes in AC:Revelations).

We need to wait for the game :P

Cheers

johnnyhayek
10-10-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't think the cape is needed in Constantinople. It was needed in Italy because the cities there were divided and had many factions in them, so Ezio had to show his allegiance to someone. That's why he wore the cape there. At least, that's what I think.

r4inm4n1991
10-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Actually, from what a friend of mine told me, people who wore those "one shoulder" capes are nobles. Maybe Ezio dont want to show off.
Remember the thiefs in AC2 (and ACB?) that had capes too?
They were "rich people"(and templars) who stole money from the poor, thats why Ezio gets notorious for killing them and the guards help them escape from Ezio.

JJTHoukes
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Brunadas:
I guess we will find out when we play the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
-
We need to wait for the game :P

It won't hurt to speculate, though.

Originally posted by johnnyhayek:
I don't think the cape is needed in Constantinople. It was needed in Italy because the cities there were divided and had many factions in them, so Ezio had to show his allegiance to someone. That's why he wore the cape there. At least, that's what I think.

I think it was intended to hide his weapons.
If you pay attention, in AC2, the cape is on the left side of Ezio. The same side his larger weapons are on.

Ofcourse, it was also to show allegiance.

Originally posted by r4inm4n1991:
Actually, from what a friend of mine told me, people who wore those "one shoulder" capes are nobles. Maybe Ezio dont want to show off.
Remember the thiefs in AC2 (and ACB?) that had capes too?
They were "rich people"(and templars) who stole money from the poor, thats why Ezio gets notorious for killing them and the guards help them escape from Ezio.

One: Ezio's original outfit was his father's.
So if somebody wanted to show off, it was his father. Not Ezio.
(Altough it would fit right up in his alley.)
The so called "thiefs" you are talking about aren't actually thieves, but messengers for the Borgia.
They bring letters and packages to and from the Borgia.

You could kill the thieves -which looked exactly like all other thieves, without a cape- without being harassed by the guards for it.

As far as I know, though, guards would chase and kill both Borgia messengers and thieves.

Calvarok
10-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Ezio's cappidocia outfit is actually an entirely different one from his usual. not just the cape and hood, but the chest and other parts are different.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-10-2011, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
Ezio's cappidocia outfit is actually an entirely different one from his usual. not just the cape and hood, but the chest and other parts are different.

Where did you see the armor?