PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Level of the game

david5578
06-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Hello everybody,
I have got to tell you first, I really like your Assassin's creed games but I am very disappointed with the difficulty level of the game.
For me and I think for many others the game is to easy. I suggest that you make a number of difficulty level for the game so that the new gamers and the old gamers will enjoy the game.
like Easy Normal and Hrad modes.
thanks very mach.

Moultonborough
06-30-2011, 06:30 PM
If they haven't made difficulty settings in the series by now they wont for Revelations. Memories are not suppose to have different levels of difficulty. I would not mind it but it won't happen.

david5578
06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
I agree with you that "Memories are not suppose to have different levels of difficulty" but it a pity because the game is to easy. and almost at any game there are difficulty level.

dxsxhxcx
06-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Memories are not suppose to have different levels of difficulty. I would not mind it but it won't happen.

lol dude, sorry but you should stop seeing everything they do as being part of the game/story, if this is the case then what is the meaning of the Ubisoft logo for the story or the options menu where we have graphic and control settings, it's not like Desmond is using a keyboard to control Ezio while he's in the animus and that's why we have the option to change this settings, one thing has nothing to do with another...

Moultonborough
06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Memories are not suppose to have different levels of difficulty. I would not mind it but it won't happen.

lol dude, sorry but you should stop seeing everything they do as being part of the game/story, if this is the case then what is the meaning of the Ubisoft logo for the story or the options menu where we have graphic and control settings, it's not like Desmond is using a keyboard to control Ezio while he's in the animus and that's why we have the option to change this settings, one thing has nothing to do with another... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just look at how much detail they put into the story as well as all the extra events, side missions and everything else. Ubisoft does not want to ruin it by adding a difficulty system.

iN3krO
06-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:

lol dude, sorry but you should stop seeing everything they do as being part of the game/story, if this is the case then what is the meaning of the Ubisoft logo for the story or the options menu where we have graphic and control settings, it's not like Desmond is using a keyboard to control Ezio while he's in the animus and that's why we have the option to change this settings, one thing has nothing to do with another... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just look at how much detail they put into the story as well as all the extra events, side missions and everything else. Ubisoft does not want to ruin it by adding a difficulty system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah ubi, don't ruin it, just make it as hard as ur hardcore gamers want! let casual gamers play their prototype, infamous, GTA while we play assassin's creed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SAY NO TO DIFICULT SYSTEM SAY YES TO HARDER COMBAT!

If they don't add dificult system then they need to make the combat harder if they don't make combat harder some fans will enjoy it less and think twice before buy next installement...

Ubisoft pay more attetion to critics then to the suggestions but they are not ****heads....

Jakob4242
06-30-2011, 08:06 PM

lol dude, sorry but you should stop seeing everything they do as being part of the game/story, if this is the case then what is the meaning of the Ubisoft logo for the story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean the logo before the game actually starts?

or the options menu where we have graphic and control settings, it's not like Desmond is using a keyboard to control Ezio while he's in the animus and that's why we have the option to change this settings, one thing has nothing to do with another...

The option menu, as well as the entire Pause menu is for Desmond. While it is the player who actually controls the settings, Desmond is in the Animus and its his settings to adjust. When you play as Desmond you'll notice a lot of settings have been removed, because he's no longer in the Animus. Even the first AC, when you adjust the voice volume, it's Desmond's voice ("They'll Never Let Me Go") that comes on to set the volume level too.

Jakob4242
06-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by david5578:
Hello everybody,
I have got to tell you first, I really like your Assassin's creed games but I am very disappointed with the difficulty level of the game.
For me and I think for many others the game is to easy. I suggest that you make a number of difficulty level for the game so that the new gamers and the old gamers will enjoy the game.
thanks very mach.

Try not buying armor and turning you synch level (health) off. This will make the health bar lower and you won't have any reference to Ezio/Altair's synchronization level. This adds to the difficulty. Also turn off your Radar, then you can't see any red dots to alert you of guards, you won't be able to know the shortest route to your destination, and you'll have no knowledge of any hide spots. You'll only have your open eyes to discern all of this.

There's other things too, like giving the guards a fighting chance, by not attacking them as often.

I don't won't a difficulty setting for this game, but just like the comments above say, make the AI in combat tougher.

david5578
06-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Jakob4242:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:

lol dude, sorry but you should stop seeing everything they do as being part of the game/story, if this is the case then what is the meaning of the Ubisoft logo for the story </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or the options menu where we have graphic and control settings, it's not like Desmond is using a keyboard to control Ezio while he's in the animus and that's why we have the option to change this settings, one thing has nothing to do with another...

The option menu, as well as the entire Pause menu is for Desmond. While it is the player who actually controls the settings, Desmond is in the Animus and its his settings to adjust. When you play as Desmond you'll notice a lot of settings have been removed, because he's no longer in the Animus. Even the first AC, when you adjust the voice volume, it's Desmond's voice ("They'll Never Let Me Go") that comes on to set the volume level too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ment that when you will start a new save you will get a difficulty level choice like easy normal and hard. just like every other game and not make the game to easy for Hardcore players.

dxsxhxcx
06-30-2011, 08:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by david5578:
Hello everybody,
thanks very mach.

I don't won't a difficulty setting for this game, but just like the comments above say, make the AI in combat tougher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and then some people who prefer an easy game instead of a hard game will start complaining because the game is too hard for them and these kind of threads won't never end, a difficulty setting system is the best option in this case...

IMO, people who don't want this kind of thing implemented are just being selfish...

bveUSbve
06-30-2011, 10:34 PM
They should definitely introduce difficulty-levels. It doesn't matter if this interferes with the Desmond-perspective. Because significant gameplay considerations always have to overrule such a minor(!) point like to consequently conserve animus-"consistency". (Also, the difficulty-selection could easily be kept "outside" of Desmond's realm.)

And they introduce things like a thousand bombs, which nobody ever asked for and which are detrimental to the kind of gameplay many - if not most - players would prefer for their "assassin". So what's the reasoning behind NOT offering a more challenging difficulty-setting to the many (by now) quite experienced AC-players, which without doubt would be very beneficial for their enjoyment? Is it just for the sake of mentioned "consistency"? Or is it out of stubbornness ..., or to just do NOT what every other developer would do - and would do because it simply is the best solution for a general problem in gaming?

asifah30
07-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Currently I am playing AC 2 and I can say it is not so easy. In fact it is completely balance level game.
It got half an hour for me to catch the thieve when Ezio got his first chase.

sassinscreed
07-01-2011, 01:53 AM
"Memories are not suppose to have different levels of difficulty"

it's just a game and it is how developers make it and not "how are memories supposed to be"...

if anyone notices in ac1 you had to click counter button in right time to work, but in ac:b you can just fast click counter all the time and you will perform counter attack

masterfenix2009
07-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Yes,but you do realize that the developers rarely EVER put in something unless it is justifiable to the story. Just look at multiplayer. I also think people who dont want a difficulty setting are selfish. Why don't you want people to enjoy a game on easy level? You can enjoy it on hard too.

dxsxhxcx
07-01-2011, 06:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jakob4242:

The option menu, as well as the entire Pause menu is for Desmond. While it is the player who actually controls the settings, Desmond is in the Animus and its his settings to adjust. When you play as Desmond you'll notice a lot of settings have been removed, because he's no longer in the Animus. Even the first AC, when you adjust the voice volume, it's Desmond's voice ("They'll Never Let Me Go") that comes on to set the volume level too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ment that when you will start a new save you will get a difficulty level choice like easy normal and hard. just like every other game and not make the game to easy for Hardcore players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so should we consider the credits that roll after we "finish" the game as part of the game/story too? Because after some minutes [SPOILER - ACB] we can hear 2 people talking about putting Desmond back in the animus[/SPOILER - ACB], I'll do a research to see if I can discover if all those names listed in the credits have something to do with Abstergo and the templars or maybe the assassins (we can read something about ubisoft in the credits too, maybe Ubisoft is a templar facility, who knows) because according to your point of view, everything that is in the game should be taken into consideration, and the credits are part of the game/story because during them we can hear people speaking and after some minutes we are able to play as Ezio again...

david5578
07-01-2011, 06:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by david5578:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jakob4242:

I ment that when you will start a new save you will get a difficulty level choice like easy normal and hard. just like every other game and not make the game to easy for Hardcore players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

so should we consider the credits that roll after we "finish" the game as part of the game/story too? Because after some minutes [SPOILER - ACB] we can hear 2 people talking about putting Desmond back in the animus[/SPOILER - ACB], I'll do a research to see if I can discover if all those names listed in the credits have something to do with Abstergo and the templars or maybe the assassins (we can read something about ubisoft in the credits too, maybe Ubisoft is a templar facility, who knows) because according to your point of view, everything that is in the game should be taken into consideration, and the credits are part of the game/story because during them we can hear people speaking and after some minutes we are able to play as Ezio again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The people who were talking at the Credits were assassin and they are part of the assassin's order. One of them was William M. and the other one, well i don't know who is the other one.
and how does it has to do with anything i said?

DavisP92
07-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by assassino151:
Yes,but you do realize that the developers rarely EVER put in something unless it is justifiable to the story. Just look at multiplayer. I also think people who dont want a difficulty setting are selfish. Why don't you want people to enjoy a game on easy level? You can enjoy it on hard too.

Sorry to tell u but the multiplayer is not justified, no matter how u look at it. It goes against everything that the animus is.

iN3krO
07-01-2011, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

Sorry to tell u but the multiplayer is not justified, no matter how u look at it. It goes against everything that the animus is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st: the multiplayer goes against the Ac franchise at all cuz WE ARE DESMOND and in the AcB:MP we are not Desmond... how can i be 2 diffrent guys in the same world? it's imposible (this is one of the things i dislike from CoD campaigns).

2nd: Abstergo is so powerfull that they could make artificial DNA to make that multiplayer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 10:00 AM

so should we consider the credits that roll after we "finish" the game as part of the game/story too?

If you really want to you can.

Because after some minutes [SPOILER - ACB] we can hear 2 people talking about putting Desmond back in the animus[/SPOILER - ACB], I'll do a research to see if I can discover if all those names listed in the credits have something to do with Abstergo and the templars or maybe the assassins (we can read something about ubisoft in the credits too, maybe Ubisoft is a templar facility, who knows) because according to your point of view, everything that is in the game should be taken into consideration, and the credits are part of the game/story because during them we can hear people speaking and after some minutes we are able to play as Ezio again...

When did I say everything is part of the story? I did not say the menu is part of the story, only that the concept is it's the same menu Desmond uses. Look at the animus screen when Desmond is in the present storyline, for it's the same. But good luck with all that research.

Your sarcasm is really unnecessary.

ShaneO7K
07-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:

Sorry to tell u but the multiplayer is not justified, no matter how u look at it. It goes against everything that the animus is. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st: the multiplayer goes against the Ac franchise at all cuz WE ARE DESMOND and in the AcB:MP we are not Desmond... how can i be 2 diffrent guys in the same world? it's imposible (this is one of the things i dislike from CoD campaigns).

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer does build on the story of AC, it gives us a deeper look into Abstergo and what they do. Desmond doesn't have to be involved for it to be apart of the story.

And what you said about CoD (even though I don't like the series), the point of being multiple people in the campaign is to help give a deeper look into the story and also for gameplay reasons where different groups using different tech and weaponry. Think of things like this like movies where they could centre it around a group of people rather than just the one guy.

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:

This is really getting off topic, but how does it go against what an animus is capable of doing. I can only think that it's not be used for accessing Ancestor's memories.

iN3krO
07-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The multiplayer does build on the story of AC, it gives us a deeper look into Abstergo and what they do. Desmond doesn't have to be involved for it to be apart of the story.

And what you said about CoD (even though I don't like the series), the point of being multiple people in the campaign is to help give a deeper look into the story and also for gameplay reasons where different groups using different tech and weaponry. Think of things like this like movies where they could centre it around a group of people rather than just the one guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's why this is a game and not a movie...

If we are Desmond in Ac1, Ac2 and AcB:SP why would they make us a templar for AcB:MP... When i'm playing Ac i'm not myself, i'm Desmond (at least that's how i see it) and it's weird (for me) being another guy only to have a multiplayer (that caused AcB to be as short and storyless as it was).

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 10:22 AM

and then some people who prefer an easy game instead of a hard game will start complaining because the game is too hard for them and these kind of threads won't never end, a difficulty setting system is the best option in this case...

IMO, people who don't want this kind of thing implemented are just being selfish...

I don't want the game to be extremely difficult, just balanced. I also enjoy that this game doesn't have a difficulty level, for the simple reason that it sets it apart from most games.

I can see how it seems selfish, and that's a good point. I'm actually more concern that the difficulty setting for hard would be the same quality of gameplay that it is now. Thus having no impact on the AC players who have been playing for sometime.

All of the AC games are has hard or easy as you make them. The armor you buy, the way you fight against guards, the way one chooses to move around the city. I like this as a difficulty setting more than choosing easy, medium, or hard.

david5578
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM

I don't want the game to be extremely difficult, just balanced. I also enjoy that this game doesn't have a difficulty level, for the simple reason that it sets it apart from most games.

I can see how it seems selfish, and that's a good point. I'm actually more concern that the difficulty setting for hard would be the same quality of gameplay that it is now. Thus having no impact on the AC players who have been playing for sometime.

All of the AC games are has hard or easy as you make them. The armor you buy, the way you fight against guards, the way one chooses to move around the city. I like this as a difficulty setting more than choosing easy, medium, or hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about the game should have a difficulty levels. the purpose of making a hard or a normal mode is that you will have the same experience of the game, same suffs as the easy mode but harder. (like god of war).
Its annoying that because NOOBS like you the game is ruined and become so mach easy. and that what "dxsxhxcx" ment when he said "selfish".

iN3krO
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM

All of the AC games are has hard or easy as you make them. The armor you buy, the way you fight against guards, the way one chooses to move around the city. I like this as a difficulty setting more than choosing easy, medium, or hard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What are you talking about the game should have a difficulty levels. the purpose of making a hard or a normal mode is that you will have the same experience of the game, same suffs as the easy mode but harder. (like god of war).
Its annoying that because NOOBS like you the game is ruined and become so mach easy. and that what "dxsxhxcx" ment when he said "selfish". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

@Jakob4242 There is no dificult not buying armor and weapons... look at the killstreaks in the trainning area, u can do over 50 without being hit and so u can do with a sword and no armor...

Why should the combat be rewarding force non-skilled players to be stealthy?
1st: Incentivating stealthy would give a real feel in the game.
2nd: Newbies would be incentivated to get more skill to be able to do a mission faster (combat should be faster but harder than stealth).
3nd: When you beat a game that's hard you feel badass but when you finish a game that's easy you just see the story and that's all. I love the Ac's story and that's why i'm still buying the games but if ubisoft make the game harder (or as hard as ac1) then i would be much happier with it.

@david5578 Where are you from?
I like to see that more ppl here like and played God of War :P
I played all the GoW in very easy just to take a look in the story and then i've beaten it in Very Hard just to feel badass (and to improve my gaming skill).

Last, and not less important, you enjoy more the story of an hard game cuz you have more time to assimilate better it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 03:38 PM

I understand that, but I think your missing my point.

Its annoying that because NOOBS like you the game is ruined and become so mach easy. and that what "dxsxhxcx" ment when he said "selfish".

Are you referring to my status on the forums as a noob, or how long I've been playing AC series?
Because you have no knowledge of the former. I've been playing AC since the first game was fresh on the store shelves.

So anyone who has an opinion counter to those in favor of a difficulty setting are selfish? My concerns over the a setting is how Ubisoft would implement it, because I think the system works great as it is (albeit the AI is not balanced in combat to Ezio). Truth is I'm on the fence about it.

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM

@Jakob4242 There is no dificult not buying armor and weapons... look at the killstreaks in the trainning area, u can do over 50 without being hit and so u can do with a ****ty sword and no armor...

2nd: Newbies would be incentivated to get more skill to be able to do a mission faster (combat should be faster but harder than stealth).
3nd: When you beat a game that's hard you feel badass but when you finish a game that's easy you just see the story and that's all. I love the Ac's story and that's why i'm still buying the games but if ubisoft make the game harder (or as hard as ac1) then i would be much happier with it.

I don't follow how the first two points relate to difficulty.

iN3krO
07-01-2011, 04:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:

@Jakob4242 There is no dificult not buying armor and weapons... look at the killstreaks in the trainning area, u can do over 50 without being hit and so u can do with a ****ty sword and no armor...

I don't follow how the first two points relate to difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was you saying -.-

All of the AC games are has hard or easy as you make them. The armor you buy, the way you fight against guards, the way one chooses to move around the city. I like this as a difficulty setting more than choosing easy, medium, or hard.

BingChandler
07-01-2011, 04:35 PM
@Jacob

You give a stirring defense of- shall we say- organic difficulty, but I think you need to re-examine the games in an objective light. Even if you deliberately try to make the game difficult, all AC games are very easy. It’s kind of a trademark of the series by now, really. Even if you play like a masochist you will still very rarely die, at least in my experience. Can you honestly say you don’t find the blatant superpowers bestowed on Ezio (and Altair, to a lesser degree) to break the realism just as much as having difficulty settings would?

I think the great majority of players want a more difficult experience, or at least a more scalable one. When you play through the game without any fear of death or consequence it seems to cheapen the experience, at least in my opinion. I’d rather know that I might die/desynch than know I can survive anything the game can throw at me, including gravity. I truly believe that difficulty settings would be a good direction for the series, especially if Ezio continues to be the Renaissance terminator.

As for it breaking the immersion, I do understand where you’re coming from. However, by your logic, memories really shouldn’t have half-synch/full-synch conditions either, as that implies that while one version of history is correct, the other is close enough. But I welcomed the new full-synch conditions, as gimmicky as most of them were, because at least they gave you some mild sense of challenge. The immersion is more a factor of story and craftsmanship, and I do not believe difficulty settings will have a negative impact on those hallmarks of the series. Ubisoft does a fantastic job of setting the stage; I just wish that stage were a little less forgiving to make the experience all the more rewarding.

In the end, difficulty settings probably won’t be included in AC:R or beyond. I suppose I can live with that, although I would greatly enjoy their addition. I just do not want another AC:B, where death is quite literally impossible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Racru_cmFnk) much of the time and it reduces the whole game to a “click now” button-masher instead of the thinking man’s game the AC story demands.

In short, for those who appreciate the realistic elements (if we can call them that) over the arcade elements in the series, I think difficulty settings are a no-brainer.

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 04:51 PM

I don't follow how the first two points relate to difficulty. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it was you saying -.-

That is what I wrote, but could you elaborate on your first two points, because I don't follow exactly what you mean.

Jakob4242
07-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by BingChandler:
@Jacob

You give a stirring defense of- shall we say- organic difficulty, but I think you need to re-examine the games in an objective light. Even if you deliberately try to make the game difficult, all AC games are very easy. It’s kind of a trademark of the series by now, really. Even if you play like a masochist you will still very rarely die, at least in my experience. Can you honestly say you don’t find the blatant superpowers bestowed on Ezio (and Altair, to a lesser degree) to break the realism just as much as having difficulty settings would?

I think the great majority of players want a more difficult experience, or at least a more scalable one. When you play through the game without any fear of death or consequence it seems to cheapen the experience, at least in my opinion. I’d rather know that I might die/desynch than know I can survive anything the game can throw at me, including gravity. I truly believe that difficulty settings would be a good direction for the series, especially if Ezio continues to be the Renaissance terminator.

As for it breaking the immersion, I do understand where you’re coming from. However, by your logic, memories really shouldn’t have half-synch/full-synch conditions either, as that implies that while one version of history is correct, the other is close enough. But I welcomed the new full-synch conditions, as gimmicky as most of them were, because at least they gave you some mild sense of challenge. The immersion is more a factor of story and craftsmanship, and I do not believe difficulty settings will have a negative impact on those hallmarks of the series. Ubisoft does a fantastic job of setting the stage; I just wish that stage were a little less forgiving to make the experience all the more rewarding.

In the end, difficulty settings probably won’t be included in AC:R or beyond. I suppose I can live with that, although I would greatly enjoy their addition. I just do not want another AC:B, where death is quite literally impossible (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Racru_cmFnk) much of the time and it reduces the whole game to a “click now” button-masher instead of the thinking man’s game the AC story demands.

In short, for those who appreciate the realistic elements (if we can call them that) over the arcade elements in the series, I think difficulty settings are a no-brainer.

Organic Difficulty, clever term, I like it.
No question that everyone, or most, want a more challenging game. I do think Ezio needs to be scaled back, and it does break the realism of the game. (I do think Altair was very balanced). All the guards in AC2 and ACB fight as if this is there first time in combat (with the exception of Papal and Borgia Captains), and this does need to be addressed. Some guards should be able to counter Ezio more often.

I don't think that a difficulty setting would ruin the immersion, and I do disagree with that logic from others. My major concern about difficulty (one I'm hoping to be swayed, and your post has given me some things to consider) is wither Ubisoft can create a balanced combat system within all difficulties and not be based around the synch/health bar exclusively.

ace3001
07-02-2011, 05:51 AM

Yeah ubi, don't ruin it, just make it as hard as ur hardcore gamers want! let casual gamers play their prototype, infamous, GTA while we play assassin's creed http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

If they don't add dificult system then they need to make the combat harder if they don't make combat harder some fans will enjoy it less and think twice before buy next installement...

Ubisoft pay more attetion to critics then to the suggestions but they are not ****heads.... IMO AC was always a casual franchise, and it should remain one. Playing AC is NOT about trying to inflate your ego by beating a "hard" game. It's about the experience. Even if I could play the game without dying or failing a memory in any other way, I'd still enjoy it, cause it's just about being IN the ancient times, enjoying the view, the atmosphere, and the story. If you want a "hardcore" game, AC isn't the franchise for you.

iN3krO
07-02-2011, 07:53 AM
1st: In real life you fear the death cuz if u die u won't live again, this incentivate terrorists and other ppl being "stealth" instead of just make a war. Strongest nations always prefer a war cuz they know they can win it. Don't know how to explain u better :S

2nd: Being stealth some times takes too much time cuz you have to go to far to don't being detected while in combat you just go though the fastest way. If the combat requires skill then ppl that have no skill will try to get more skill to save time.

@kolitha.kuruppu: Why am i in this forum? I enjoy it all but atm it's the same thing play Ac or see it as film, you will enjoy it the same. While if the game is Hard, you will enjoy it more cuz you will have more time to assimilate it all (i've stated this before -.-) and becuz when you finish the game (or a combat, or a mission) you will just feel badass.

Thos who never played an Hard Game and have beaten it will never understand what do i mean with feeling badass...

Oh, forgot to say, if the game is hard you will just pay more attention to it so you enjoy it more too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I don't want an hardcore game, i want a game at least as skill-rewarding as Ac1 -.-''

PS - Never say this isn't a franchise for me, if it isn't why am i in the forum? The story is the most important thing for me and then the gameplay.... if Ac story keeps as good as Ac1 and Ac2 then i will keep buying it but, once again i will say it, dificult will increanse how i enjoy the game, and surely, how everyone enjoy it.

ace3001
07-02-2011, 09:30 AM

@kolitha.kuruppu: Why am i in this forum? I enjoy it all but atm it's the same thing play Ac or see it as film, you will enjoy it the same. While if the game is Hard, you will enjoy it more cuz you will have more time to assimilate it all (i've stated this before -.-) and becuz when you finish the game (or a combat, or a mission) you will just feel badass.

Thos who never played an Hard Game and have beaten it will never understand what do i mean with feeling badass...

Oh, forgot to say, if the game is hard you will just pay more attention to it so you enjoy it more too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I don't want an hardcore game, i want a game at least as skill-rewarding as Ac1 -.-''

PS - Never say this isn't a franchise for me, if it isn't why am i in the forum? The story is the most important thing for me and then the gameplay.... if Ac story keeps as good as Ac1 and Ac2 then i will keep buying it but, once again i will say it, dificult will increanse how i enjoy the game, and surely, how everyone enjoy it. You and those who are outspoken about the difficulty are a minority, not "everyone". Most others don't voice their opinion on this topic, mainly cause they don't mind the current difficulty level at all. Difficulty is not at all proportional to how much one enjoys a game. Have you played Prince of Persia 2008, btw?
I dunno whether I've beaten hard games. I probably haven't, but can you please give a few examples?
Another thing is, you always say that AC1 was challenging and all. IMO it was just like this. It was a bit challenging until you unlock the counter move, but after that, it's a simple breeze. The last bits were a chore simply because there were too many enemies in direct combat, but not because the combat was difficult. I didn't die once in that last Masyaf bit until I got to Al Mualim. But even then, that bit was totally tedious. Do you get what I'm trying to say? I just don't understand why you call AC1 a "skill rewarding" game. It was just as "casual" as 2 and Brotherhood.

Noble6
07-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I think difficulty levels are best compromise and it wouldn't make game less good for any of the gamers.

iN3krO
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:

PS - Never say this isn't a franchise for me, if it isn't why am i in the forum? The story is the most important thing for me and then the gameplay.... if Ac story keeps as good as Ac1 and Ac2 then i will keep buying it but, once again i will say it, dificult will increanse how i enjoy the game, and surely, how everyone enjoy it. You and those who are outspoken about the difficulty are a minority, not "everyone". Most others don't voice their opinion on this topic, mainly cause they don't mind the current difficulty level at all. Difficulty is not at all proportional to how much one enjoys a game. Have you played Prince of Persia 2008, btw?
I dunno whether I've beaten hard games. I probably haven't, but can you please give a few examples?
Another thing is, you always say that AC1 was challenging and all. IMO it was just like this. It was a bit challenging until you unlock the counter move, but after that, it's a simple breeze. The last bits were a chore simply because there were too many enemies in direct combat, but not because the combat was difficult. I didn't die once in that last Masyaf bit until I got to Al Mualim. But even then, that bit was totally tedious. Do you get what I'm trying to say? I just don't understand why you call AC1 a "skill rewarding" game. It was just as "casual" as 2 and Brotherhood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Ac2 and AcB which is the fastest routes?
ALWAYS COMBAT!

In Ac1 which was the fastest routes?
If you don't have skill then stealthy routes would be faster if you have skill combat would be fastest.

Counter Attack was easy but it was also SLOW! I only use Counter Attack when it's needed in combat cuz it's really useless when you already know how to combat properly.

A skill rewarding game might not be an hard game, is a game where if you are skilled it's much easier/faster too you, i'm pretty sure everyone here had beaten the combats of AcB as fast as me but i doubt that you and your counter attack only fight style had beaten the combat against the 20 templars of the Asurf Battle as fast as i did.

Understand the diffrence between HARD and Skil Rewarding? -.-''

In Ac1 i needed to pay attention to be fast in combat, i remember in Ac2 i was killing a brutus and i was talking with my friend (and not looking at the screen), In AcB once i start a killstreak i don't need to pay that much attention, just need to press attack button and while i'm attacking hold high profile and attack, 2 seconds pressing attack and then i just let high profile away and attack another guy... THAT WAS BORING AND DIDN'T GOT MY ATTENTION AS THE COMBAT IN AC1 DID!

Exemples of hard games?
God Of War and CoD <- In Very Hard ofc -.-''

And i will repeat if u hadn't read until now, i don't want a game that makes me go crazy.

crash3
07-02-2011, 01:02 PM
I love the AC games but i just feel brain dead playing through them because they are so easy

i dont care if there are difficulty levels or not, i just want a more challenging game, who cares if a few new gamers find the game too hard? if a game is challenging it makes us want to complete it more so it is more satisfying to succeed in a mission

i found AC1 hard at first but now i can play it with my eyes shut

ace3001
07-03-2011, 06:08 AM
@daniel_gervide:

Man, I understand what you're saying. IMO, the current difficulty suits AC best. Btw, GoW and CoD can't be compared to AC. They're quite different games, in the case that if not for the challenge, there would be no substance in them. (Doesn't mean they're bad games. MW3 will be a day one pick for me, even though it's just for SP cause I have a ****ty net connection.)

My main point is that AC1 is hard only until you obtain counter. After that, it's a piece of cake. Sure, possibility of stealth was there, but it was by no means necessary.
but i doubt that you and your counter attack only fight style had beaten the combat against the 20 templars of the Asurf Battle as fast as i did. You must mean something other than stealth here, cause the only way is direct combat, and the easiest way is to keep countering, though I admit it gets quite boring after a while. Would you tell me how you pass that bit? What do you exactly mean by skill? Ability to quickly pull off combo kills, perhaps?

iN3krO
07-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by kolitha.kuruppu:
@daniel_gervide:

Man, I understand what you're saying. IMO, the current difficulty suits AC best. Btw, GoW and CoD can't be compared to AC. They're quite different games, in the case that if not for the challenge, there would be no substance in them. (Doesn't mean they're bad games. MW3 will be a day one pick for me, even though it's just for SP cause I have a ****ty net connection.)

My main point is that AC1 is hard only until you obtain counter. After that, it's a piece of cake. Sure, possibility of stealth was there, but it was by no means necessary. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> but i doubt that you and your counter attack only fight style had beaten the combat against the 20 templars of the Asurf Battle as fast as i did. You must mean something other than stealth here, cause the only way is direct combat, and the easiest way is to keep countering, though I admit it gets quite boring after a while. Would you tell me how you pass that bit? What do you exactly mean by skill? Ability to quickly pull off combo kills, perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CoD only got me for the multiplayer but i never play the MP before beating the SP :P

GoW first got me for the story and then i've started to play in harder dificults....

Combat with only counter attack isn't as fast as being stealth.

The ability to switch betwen weapons to take advantage of my positions and my enemies behavior, the "skill" of timming pressing the attack button to do combos and the skill to be able to attack and counter attack when it's needed (it's harder attack and counter attack when someone will attack u rather then wait until someone attack you and then counter attack).

Exemple? What is faster, see your enemy is coughing and wait until he attacks you or switch to the hidden blade and assassinate him?
Have an enemy a bit far from you, you are with a sword, you go to him with the sword or switch to short blade and throw 2 knifes?
Only attack with sword or when you see someone tauting or coughing(vomiting) switch to hidden blade and assassinate him?

It may not be hard to master but as you can see, most ppl thinks the counter attack is the better thing you can use in combat while i highly disagree, if counter attack is removed but i still can deflect, those who only play with counter attack won't be able to fight properly while i will be able to kick asses as i do now.

Also, my method of combat requires more attention but is also faster and that's what i mean my skill rewarding.

PS - I don't think this dificult fits Ac, it would fit a game peggi7 but not for a game peggi18 :X

Black_Widow9
07-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Cool it with the insults and language and remain on Topic please.

medcsu11
07-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by asifah30:
Currently I am playing AC 2 and I can say it is not so easy. In fact it is completely balance level game.
It got half an hour for me to catch the thieve when Ezio got his first chase.

No offense, but if what you say is really true then you may just be the worst gamer to ever play any video game.

medcsu11
07-03-2011, 01:17 PM

Its annoying that because NOOBS like you the game is ruined and become so mach easy. and that what "dxsxhxcx" ment when he said "selfish". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This. You hit the nail on the head with every point. It REALLY comes down to these cry babies who wouldn't know a hard game if it hit them in the face with a hidden blade (see God of War 2 - Titan Mode, example).

Sadly, I GUARENTEE these dorks are only complaining because there will be a high propensity of a trophy being to complete the game on "hard" and they want their platinum but in the meantime force over 50 percent of the gamers to deal with a simply game experience.

It's quite easy, give the player the option to choose difficulty. The experience will be more strategic, more stealthy and more enjoyable overall.

Jakob4242
07-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:

This. You hit the nail on the head with every point. It REALLY comes down to these cry babies who wouldn't know a hard game if it hit them in the face with a hidden blade (see God of War 2 - Titan Mode, example).

Sadly, I GUARENTEE these dorks are only complaining because there will be a high propensity of a trophy being to complete the game on "hard" and they want their platinum but in the meantime force over 50 percent of the gamers to deal with a simply game experience.

It's quite easy, give the player the option to choose difficulty. The experience will be more strategic, more stealthy and more enjoyable overall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant speak for everyone, but I'm not entirely convinced of a difficulty setting, and I do play all of titles on Hard or [insert higher difficulty setting name here]. I enjoy the concept of no difficulty for just the bravery of going against the norm in video games today.

However, I do think the game should be more challenging in combat and provide more opportunities for stealthy kills. This way the player has options, front doors approach with throwing knives at the ready, or if there are too many guards for the player then a shadowy entrance could be offered. This was done a little bit in AC, but has been removed.

Its funny that you can guarantee something, but have no evidence for. I don't give a #%t about trophies. What do they reward me with? Do they make me happier as a person? No. I'm not forcing anyone to deal with a easy game, I'm agreeing with you that AC should be a more challenging game. I just think there are other original ways of doing this, by giving the player ingame options.

medcsu11
07-03-2011, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medcsu11:

It's quite easy, give the player the option to choose difficulty. The experience will be more strategic, more stealthy and more enjoyable overall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cant speak for everyone, but I'm not entirely convinced of a difficulty setting, and I do play all of titles on Hard or [insert higher difficulty setting name here]. I enjoy the concept of no difficulty for just the bravery of going against the norm in video games today.

However, I do think the game should be more challenging in combat and provide more opportunities for stealthy kills. This way the player has options, front doors approach with throwing knives at the ready, or if there are too many guards for the player then a shadowy entrance could be offered. This was done a little bit in AC, but has been removed.

Its funny that you can guarantee something, but have no evidence for. I don't give a #%t about trophies. What do they reward me with? Do they make me happier as a person? No. I'm not forcing anyone to deal with a easy game, I'm agreeing with you that AC should be a more challenging game. I just think there are other original ways of doing this, by giving the player ingame options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it isn't about trophies for you, then there is absolutely no logical reason that you would care if there is a difficulty option since it wouldn't effect you in any manner.
This is a blanket statement. Anyone who opposes a difficulty system, I challenge you to tell us why. Since there is no logical reasoning besides trophy gathering for the fail players, I am interested to read the responses.

Jakob4242
07-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by medcsu11:

If it isn't about trophies for you, then there is absolutely no logical reason that you would care if there is a difficulty option since it wouldn't effect you in any manner.
This is a blanket statement. Anyone who opposes a difficulty system, I challenge you to tell us why. Since there is no logical reasoning besides trophy gathering for the fail players, I am interested to read the responses.

I stated my reasons to your questions in the post above. And I do care if the difficulty setting is going to be another routine difficulty, meaning only more enemies that are harder to kill. This has been done over and over again in all games. Like I stated before, I enjoy the idea that a game is as difficult as you want to play it.

For instance, Ezio (after gathering info on his target) has a set of choices about how to reach his target. One involves knocking down the front doors and facing off a large number of guards, or a stealthy approach. This lets the player decide how the game should move forward. If the guards are too much, then after a de-synch the player can go back through the doors and try again, or sneak up to the target. (This would not interfere with the memory, since Ezio would have been given possible scenarios to reach his target through investigations) This is just one idea that does need to be ironed out, but what I'm addressing is that the player chooses within the game the easy or difficult route.

It's not that I oppose a difficulty setting, but I don't want the same concept of every game out there. Actually I'm surprised that this doesn't get addressed in any games. It's just one of the many issues in the stale quality of creative game making.

SAVMATIC
07-03-2011, 09:55 PM

Just look at how much detail they put into the story as well as all the extra events, side missions and everything else. Ubisoft does not want to ruin it by adding a difficulty system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft pay more attetion to critics then to the suggestions but they are not ****heads.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>dude no one listens to you, you are incredibly ignorant and stupid.

SAVMATIC
07-03-2011, 09:58 PM
btw, how ****ing ******ed are some of you people that you cant understand how a difficulty system could be properly integrated in the game? smfh

Jakob4242
07-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:

Ubisoft pay more attetion to critics then to the suggestions but they are not ****heads.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>dude no one listens to you, you are incredibly ignorant and stupid. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dude, come on. Forums are about discussions, if you're going to make a point refrain from the insults. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif