PDA

View Full Version : GUNS in AC3

rain89c
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Hi everybody,
I havent played AC2 yet (waiting for the PC version) so please dont say anything that will spoil the game for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thanks.

I have seen many gameplays and trailers for AC2 and there's usage of a gun. Since the game is set in the 15th century, guns will be emerging. So my worry is that AC3 will have even more guns and the melee combat will fade away as the time progresses (since the dev team said that future AC games will not be a prequel and will be sequels, it is likely the timeline progress foward).

Guns in AC takes the fun away from game especially a game like AC that is set in ancient time and where the acrobatic moves are the main focus. ( imagine a ninja using firearms... boring right?)

So here is the question for you, do you want guns in AC3? Your votes may influence Ubisoft's decision in the making of AC3.

SWJS
01-23-2010, 12:20 AM
I honestly think we'll play as desmond in AC3, and that it'll pull a star wars on us.

"Lucy: The sword is an elegant weapon, not as clumbsy or random as a gun. A more civillized weapon for a more civillized age."

Of course, Shaun would probably turn around and say something snarky, like:

"Shaun: Oh really? So war, famine, murder, and world domination are all considered civilized now? Next you'll be telling me vegetarians are eating meat. Really now Lucy, why do Templars and Assassins use blades? Tradition? Honor? Playing fair? If that were the case then there'd be none of us in this situation? Eh?"

Brett_Master5
01-23-2010, 02:58 AM
I don't think they'll do anything with guns in the AC3. The hidden gun was the last weapon unlocked, and that was way into the sequence of memories that took place in Venice.

It had a special kind of feeling about it too, because it was the only gun in the game.

Assassins Creed to me doesn't need guns in it to make it a fun game to play.

EzioTheAssassin: You really do sound like Shaun there lol

FiskMunk
01-23-2010, 06:09 AM
I don't think we should play as Desmond, at least not the main part of the game - Assassin's Creed revolves around the Animus and ability to explore the experiences of one's ancestor. I see no reason to destroy that aspect of the franchise.

Also, why do we have to continue onwards in time? Why not go backwards, perhaps somewhere between Ezio and Alta´r? Or simply keep to those two, not creating yet another ancestor?

Either way: For others' and your own safety, guns should not be used while inside of the Animus.

art672
01-23-2010, 06:19 AM
AC3 shouldn't be desmond, it should his german cousin who assassinates hitler. I know hitler wasn't assassinated, but you can twist history.
It could be possible to do this, as in the first AC the scholar guy who you kill in memory block 5 i think or is it al muliam, mentions about books can be written by anyone, making it be possible make the story fit.
its just my opinion so don't get all annoyed at my idea.

BK-110
01-23-2010, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by art672:
AC3 shouldn't be desmond, it should his german cousin who assassinates hitler. I know hitler wasn't assassinated, but you can twist history.
It could be possible to do this, as in the first AC the scholar guy who you kill in memory block 5 i think or is it al muliam, mentions about books can be written by anyone, making it be possible make the story fit.

If you listen to and read everything in the glyph puzzles, you'll find that (spoiler) <span class="ev_code_WHITE">Hitler was actually killed by an Assassin and that he was using one of the Apples to make people follow him.</span>(/spoiler)

FiskMunk
01-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by art672:

1# That concept just sucks plain donkey balls.

2# Desmond's German cousin, from 1945?

3# How is Desmond supposed to relive the memories of his... "cousin", unless there's a serious amount of inbreeding taking place in his family?

4# WW2 = Lots 'n lots of guns.

OGCFB
01-23-2010, 06:46 AM
i'd say yes i would like to see guns in ac3 but nothing like all first person things i would just like mabey a double hidden pistol (yes i know how it works it requires the other hand to shoot) a character similar to leonardo could always make it but i would still like the game to be mostly melee

Realjambo
01-23-2010, 08:46 AM
This really belongs Here. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497)

Topic Closed.