PDA

View Full Version : Help please

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 08:04 AM
i have
Proccesor:Inter(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz
Vedio Card:Nivida GeForce 9400GT 512
Ram:2

For Example when i play assassins creed brotherhood the game runs fine in closed areas but in large open areas like rome the games slows down alot so i want to buy a proccesor but what do u recommend for me for open areas?

P.S:sorry 4 the spell mistakes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by GameFreak65:
i have
Proccesor:Inter(R) Celeron(R) D CPU 3.06GHz
Vedio Card:Nivida GeForce 9400GT 512
Ram:2

For Example when i play assassins creed brotherhood the game runs fine in closed areas but in large open areas like rome the games slows down alot so i want to buy a proccesor but what do u recommend for me for open areas?

First try to Change and upgrade your current Video Card, if you want a much better Gaming Performance. The 9400GT is just an entry-level Graphics processor, and the Game might Lag/stutter on Large Open, and Heavy Combat areas.....

Reduce your Screen Resolution, and turn down/off SHADOWS and MultiSampling/AA etc, if you face any in-game Lag.

You also also change your CPU, but the Clock speed of your current processor is Good though, but it is a Celeron, so try to upgrade it as well to any Dual or QUAD-core CPU, IF you can afford to buy.

You have 2GB RAM ? You also need to change your MOBO, if you happen to upgrade your CPU sometimes (though this might also depend on your current Motherboard's Model).

But Your Video card/9400GT can create a Bottleneck in Games. Anyway, go here and select Brotherhood from the drop-down menu. It will give you the Results, and some recommendations:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

--------------------------------------------------------------

spectatorx
05-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Your machine is weak and will need bigger upgrade. Your cpu is atm very old and need upgrade in first grade.

As i said, your cpu is old and i'm sure motherboard too and probably there is ddr(1) only so motherboard and ram need upgrade too.

GPU is not so old but low-end and got weak performance so this will need upgrade too.

Tell me how much can you spend for upgrade and give me link to your favourite shop with computer hardware and i will help you to choose best parts ;-)

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I dont have money to buy 2 things only 1 so what do u think. a proccesor or vedio card ?

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 08:34 AM
I dont have money to buy 2 things only 1 so what do u think. a proccesor or vedio card ?

Like I said Before, you can try to Upgrade your Video card/GPU. The 9400GT is just an entry-level Graphics processor, and the Game might Lag/stutter on Large Open, and Heavy Combat areas.....

Though you can also upgrade and Change your CPU, because it is a Celeron. Upgrading both of these is recommended.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 08:41 AM
But from what i know, that vedio cards are just for colours and stuff but the proccesr are for the speed and when i play assassins creed brotherhood
the colours and graphincs looks simply fantastic but the speed of ezios running 4 example is slow in large areas.is what i am saying is true?

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 08:54 AM
But from what i know, that vedio cards are just for colours and stuff but the proccesr are for the speed and when i play assassins creed brotherhood
the colours and graphincs looks simply fantastic but the speed of ezios running 4 example is slow in large areas.is what i am saying is true?

Actually BOTH the Video card, and CPU play a Vital Role in overall Gaming Performance. First try to change your GPU, because I think your current CPU should be fine for Gaming, even though it is a Celeron, IMO (Clock speed of your current processor is not bad).

A Dual-core CPU having a higher Clock speed, may sometimes perform better than a QUAD-Core, in some games....

But the Video Card will give you both better Graphics, as well as in-game FPS gain. You can also Change and upgrade your CPU, if you wish. The 9400GT is a not a very powerful Video card, but it should be fine, and if the in-game Graphics are good, then try changing your CPU instead.

Video card is NOT just for in-game Graphics. It plays a very Vital role in overall in-game performance/FPS as well, 'cause it is the main Graphics processor.

I cannot just always get 80+ FPS, if I have a QUAD-core CPU, and I play CRYSIS or Brotherhood on an integrated INTEL Graphics Chipset. NO. I also need a better and a powerful Video Card. There must be a Balance between System components.

------------------------------------------------------------------

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 09:24 AM
O man i am very confusied right now hmmmmmmmmm but please tell me if i buy this will it inprove my speed in games?
Intel Core2Duo 3.0GHz E8400

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 09:37 AM
O man i am very confusied right now hmmmmmmmmm but please tell me if i buy this will it inprove my speed in games?
Intel Core2Duo 3.0GHz E8400

To be honest, it is hard to give any assurance like this. It might improve the performance to some extent, because this is a DUAL-Core CPU, but the clock speed is almost same i.e. 3.0GHz. Though the L2 cache is 6MB, and FSB speed is also high i.e. 1333Mhz.

If you can afford to Buy this CPU, then upgrade it. But remember, BOTH the Video card, and CPU play a Vital Role in overall Gaming Performance. So try to upgrade Both of them....

----------------------------------------------------------------

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 09:55 AM
wth did u say in those lines??? i dident understand anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

but the clock speed is almost same i.e. 3.0GHz. Though the L2 cache is 6MB, and FSB speed is also high i.e. 1333Mhz.

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 10:06 AM
wth did u say in those lines??? i dident understand anything http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

but the clock speed is almost same i.e. 3.0GHz. Though the L2 cache is 6MB, and FSB speed is also high i.e. 1333Mhz.

Sorry, those are the TECH specs of the 'Intel Core2Duo 3.0GHz E8400', and I was just comparing this CPU with your current Old processor. These are the Front-side bus speed, and Cache Memory/size of the CPU.

But you don't have to worry about all this, and it will confuse you more, If I explain it in detail. Just upgrade your CPU now.

But also check your MOBO, because the E8400 requires the Socket 775. If your current MOBO does not support this socket, then you need to change your Motherboard as well, but I think you should be fine......

Hope this helps ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

spectatorx
05-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Proper question is: "do your motherboard support e8400?" Give to us model of your motherboard and we will check it.

Kingdaniel, let me do not agree with you. Geforce 9400 is low-end but not so bad gpu and should render image in acb well but needs better support from cpu side so this mean here is in fact needed better cpu, not gpu.

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 10:44 AM
ok spectatorx and KingDaniel0 i will tell u my motherboard i will copy this from dxdiag but i dont know which one is my motherboards name lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but i think my motherboard is one of those

System manufacturer:Gigabyte Technology Co..,Ltd
BIOS:Award Modular BIOS v6 00PG
System Model:G41M-ES2H

KingDaniel0
05-21-2011, 10:49 AM

Yes, like I said before, you should be fine. This MOBO supports the Socket 775, and I have just checked and confirmed this MOBO from the website.

http://www.gigabyte.com/produc...-page.aspx?pid=3468# (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3468#)

So you are good to go.

--------------------------------------------------------------

GameFreak65
05-21-2011, 11:07 AM
ok spectatorx and KingDaniel0 i will tell u my motherboard i will copy this from dxdiag but i dont know which one is my motherboards name lol http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif but i think my motherboard is one of those

thank u 4 all your help guyes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Razrback16
05-21-2011, 04:40 PM
Your system needs a significant overhaul for gaming. You need both a cpu & video card for decent gaming. I would start with the CPU because even if you put a good vid card in your system, you don't have enough CPU to feed it anyway. If you can't afford to upgrade both right now, then don't do either. Wait until you can do both or just build a new rig from the ground up.