PDA

View Full Version : Will the X52 throttle work with the EVO stick?

Texas LongHorn
08-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Fellow PF lunatics, I've been using the X45 throttle with the EVO stick. For those of you unfamilier with the rig, the X45 throttle connects to the X45 stick, same with the X52. You simply use the other stick (EVO) and keep the X45 stick as a massive button bay. I want to use the newer X52 rig in the same manner, keeping the EVO as my stick, then the X52 throttle for go power, plus the X52 stick as the button bay from ****. Will this work? All are USB, I can see no reason it won't as XP allows for multiple inputs at the same time. Thanks in advance, all the bloody best, LongHorn

Texas LongHorn
08-21-2005, 08:29 AM
Fellow PF lunatics, I've been using the X45 throttle with the EVO stick. For those of you unfamilier with the rig, the X45 throttle connects to the X45 stick, same with the X52. You simply use the other stick (EVO) and keep the X45 stick as a massive button bay. I want to use the newer X52 rig in the same manner, keeping the EVO as my stick, then the X52 throttle for go power, plus the X52 stick as the button bay from ****. Will this work? All are USB, I can see no reason it won't as XP allows for multiple inputs at the same time. Thanks in advance, all the bloody best, LongHorn

VF-29_Sandman
08-21-2005, 08:43 AM
u'll notice a big difference in the flight stick with the 52 over the evo. just go with the complete set up. the 52's throttle body has only 3 buttons that u could map; a few more if u set the hat switch as buttons. has a slider on the throttle, a mini-mouse, 2 rotory knobs, and a scroll wheel. but the function button isnt like the evo's as a 'shift'.

Texas LongHorn
08-22-2005, 12:00 AM
Thanks Sandman, I'll give it a go. Keep 'em flyin' buddy. All the bloody best, LongHorn

JunkoIfurita
08-22-2005, 04:56 AM
The X-52's pinky switch is the 'shift' - it's on the stick, not the throttle.

It doesn't act as a shift by default - you have to set it that way in the profiling software.

If the X-45s throttle worked fine with an Evo stick, I see no reason why the X-52s shouldn't. However, you do miss out on the major advantages of the X-52 (i.e. 3+3 modes, multiplied by all the buttons on the stick and throttle)

----

FoolTrottel
08-22-2005, 08:41 AM
If you run into difficulties, or have any questions: first checkout the links in Tully's sig...
(They can and will be very helpfull!)

Have Fun!