PDA

View Full Version : Dante Alighieri? timeline fused with assassins creed history?

IsipCoffee
12-08-2010, 03:41 PM
A Mentor "In preparation for our voyage, Messer Alighieri met with me repeatedly. At first, our meetings were about purchasing supplies, but soon they became about higher things about life, love, honor and justice.

He taught me that society was set up in such a way as to control its members, to stop us from thinking, from seeing. Soon, I could look past all laws and illusions. I understood that mankind was being used by its rulers, that we, the people, deserved freedom.

It was then that Dante began showing me pages from a book that Messer Polo had brought back from the palace of the great Genghis Khan. The manuscript, the Codex, was about our order, the Assassins."

An Unexpected Farewell "Our planned voyage never took place. While returning to Ravenna to pick up the remainder of his belongings, Dante died. Dismayed at the loss of my mentor, I went to inform my father and Messer Polo of the sad news. Before I could even speak, I was ushered into the study, and my father, his face white, locked the door behind me.

Shocked, I listened in silence as he spoke. Dante intended to take the codex to Spain where it would be safe. But he was being watched. The enemy of the Assassins, the Knights Templar, still existed.

I recalled the stories he had told me of the Templars, and it all became clear. Dante had been murdered. The Templars knew about the Codex and they knew about us. Shaking my father told me to take the Codex and leave for Spain at once with my wife and child.

As Messer Polo ushered me out the door, he handed me a small piece of paper with a number on it. With this number, I could draw on his credit, more Ducats than I had ever seen in my life, at any bank in Italy."

with these memoirs of Domenico
it says that dante was an assassin who taught the the first auditore but in dantes inferno he was a templar who went sour so were does this fit in with the timeline of dante and his life?

Abeonis
12-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Why would the depiction of Dante in Visceral Games' have absolutely any relation on what Ubisoft want to do with him?

IsipCoffee
12-08-2010, 05:17 PM
differnt games different makers i know this.. but is it not the same character the time in which he is mentioned 1310-1330 would match the timeline in which the divine comedy starts and the inferno depicts. it is a wonder why ubisoft would metion a character not used by them but mention a character used by another game company.

Abeonis
12-08-2010, 05:39 PM
You're not making any sense... Dante is never called a Templar in anything but the Visceral games.

IsipCoffee
12-09-2010, 11:01 AM
Dante was part of the Guelphs, who in general favored the Papacy over the Holy Roman Emperor. Florence's Guelphs split into the White and black Guelphs. so essentually he was on the churches side.. the game and story line that viseral gave it was jus more detailed