PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Submersible Objects in IL2 ( graphic anomaly? )

mortoma
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
I was on a rare night time mission as a Japanese on the island of Iwo Jima and was assigned to bomb a US carrier. On the way home I saw a bright light of the coast in the water about a kilo off shore. And it was weird looking and reminded me of those crazy UFO/USO stories. I wonder what kind of graphic glitch causes that? I have a EVGA 285GT card with up to date drivers. It was funny because I'm sure if there was such a thing as a USO it would look like the graphic anomaly I saw!! I took a "prt scr" type of screen shot but I forgot to save it before shutting down my PC. That type goes to the temp clipboard so it's gone now.

Next we'll be seeing foo fighters!

mortoma
09-16-2009, 12:00 PM
I was on a rare night time mission as a Japanese on the island of Iwo Jima and was assigned to bomb a US carrier. On the way home I saw a bright light of the coast in the water about a kilo off shore. And it was weird looking and reminded me of those crazy UFO/USO stories. I wonder what kind of graphic glitch causes that? I have a EVGA 285GT card with up to date drivers. It was funny because I'm sure if there was such a thing as a USO it would look like the graphic anomaly I saw!! I took a "prt scr" type of screen shot but I forgot to save it before shutting down my PC. That type goes to the temp clipboard so it's gone now.

Next we'll be seeing foo fighters!

Romanator21
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM
I think it also is saved in the IL-2 root folder. Check there.

FoolTrottel
09-16-2009, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That type goes to the temp clipboard so it's gone now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Check the game's folder for a file called 'grab0001.tga', chances are the screenshot is in that file...