PDA

View Full Version : Shutting up the rear gunner help

Bartman.
12-05-2007, 01:35 AM
Hi,

I'm looking for help with shutting up the rear gunner from giving me an ear bashing while performing evasive manoeuvres - rather annoying with using headphones , have tried editing the 'con ini' file [game] NoChatter=0 but have had no success so far .

Any assistance I'd be more than grateful .

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist .

Bartman .

Breeze147
12-05-2007, 06:03 AM
"Backseat Boris" is a crybaby, always has been. Tell him you will shoot him, when and if you land.

cawimmer430
12-05-2007, 06:12 AM
I simply switch to enemy frequency. I hope this doesn't sound like I am some sort of masochist but I am sometimes happy when my rear gunner in the IL-2 is killed: because he ain't complaining anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

CaliCheese3
12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
HAHA! To bad you can't talk to the enemy pilots... "Aim just a little bit higher!"

Waldo.Pepper
12-05-2007, 11:06 AM
A sidearm for the pilot is sadly not modelled.

Monty_Thrud
12-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Go into your main folder, then >samples>speech, then select the country you use, ie GB, the files are in there, you'll need to know what he is saying, find and delete or save to another folder, just in case.

MEGILE
12-05-2007, 01:22 PM
CTRL-E that sucker

Bartman.
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
Go into your main folder, then >samples>speech, then select the country you use, ie GB, the files are in there, you'll need to know what he is saying, find and delete or save to another folder, just in case.

Thanks monty .

i'll try that though iv'e just noticed the titles are all in english regardless of which nationality so i suppose it's a matter of going through all the RU speach files and trying to find the il2 gunner speach file .

Bartman .

mortoma
12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
I like pulling neg Gs in an IL-2, the rear gunner makes such a fuss it's hilarious. Oleg did have a sense of humor apparently.

Bartman.
12-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by mortoma:
I like pulling neg Gs in an IL-2, the rear gunner makes such a fuss it's hilarious. Oleg did have a sense of humor apparently.

Mmmmm o.k., got me a tad worried though .

Bartman .