PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the angels?

Matt1128Y
04-03-2011, 01:48 AM
Dual wielding female angels? Seriously?

Sorry, but angels with **** who are dual wielding swords doesn't look badass nor intimidating. It looks stupid.

znork
04-03-2011, 02:05 AM
Well the simpel answer is that game devlopers like big swords. Now for what is known about the angeles and just looking at the picture of this forum i belive the angels will be very intresting.

Shawn85
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
its true, there trying to put in as many pretty female units into this game as possible it seems like. Seraphs needs to go, Fatespinners arent as cool as bone dragons or death knights.

fredrikslicer
04-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I think two swords are more logical and they have a nice symbolical bit to the.

Bone dragons are hopefully gone for good.

znork
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fredrikslicer:

Bone dragons are hopefully gone for good.

I loved that unithttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

fredrikslicer
04-05-2011, 01:44 PM
i feel sorry for you but it was simply nothing to it. maybe if it would have been a zombie dragon with missing chunks of flesh here and there, bloated at places, glowing eyes and a vampire rider on top of... no wait thats the vampires from warhammer fantasy...

maybe a heroes game with the warhammer universe instead of the current one?

Cap292
04-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Bone Dragons are leaps and bounds better than the Fate-Spinners. IF they had been put into this game they would have surely been redone like every other unit. The reason most of the fans dislike them in the first place is because they were a weak unit, but that is very easily remedied. I would personally like to see Death Knights, or some form of them, as the most powerful creature for the Necros.

Cap292
04-05-2011, 01:53 PM
And on topic, the new Angels are ridiculous. I don't mind female units at all, but they are over running this game with them.

fredrikslicer
04-05-2011, 01:59 PM
they are less then 50%

Shawn85
04-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by fredrikslicer:
they are less then 50%

oh gosh really?

WaterPoloLaw
04-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I find it interesting that the issue is with respect to the angel or the fatespinner.

In my opinion, these are two of the coolest units by far. I like the female angel and the addition of female units in general. I LOVE the fatespinner. The FS and the Kirin are the best new units implemented.

That said, I am a little surprised these conversations never speak of units like the maniac -- a unit which really does not appear to be inspired at all.

GamerGeek87
04-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I thought the fate-spinner looked awsome in the concept, I was a slightly disappointed with the 3d model(atleast one of the basic's forms) Im hoping the upgrade will be great. I think the angel looks ok, I have no problem with it being female but Im not a fan of the "holy" feel that is the Haven faction. I like the rest of the factions with the exception of the tormentor(hate it).

GoranXII
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeah, the Fate-Spinner's Cool, but IMO doesn't quite fit in the Necropolis, it feels more like a Neutral. Bring back the Bome Dragon, and Change Mother Namtaru to Fate Spinner.

Infiltrator-SF
04-05-2011, 06:12 PM
I agree, H3 angels looked best.

Asterisk
04-05-2011, 07:00 PM
^ Heroes 3 units graphics AND ANIMATION were total sh!t. Way worse then Heroes 2. I don't know what you guys are smoking..

Cap292
04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Asterisk:
^ Heroes 3 units graphics AND ANIMATION were total sh!t. Way worse then Heroes 2. I don't know what you guys are smoking..

I don't know why you would think that they would use the same graphics and animations from H3. The idea is that they would use the concept of the Heroes III units, or in this case the Angels. And plus, you are just making things up.

Anyway, I suppose that everyone has their own opinions on what the best units are. This is why it is a good thing that they change things up a fair amount. There are things I like from all of the factions, and things that I don't.

GoranXII
04-05-2011, 07:48 PM
H3 graphics worse than H2? Get real, Half the stuff in H2 had black outlines, which really clashed with the stuff that didn't, plus H3's colours were miles better.

Fever_K
04-05-2011, 08:27 PM

I agree wholeheartedly: H2 graphics and colours really had a magic feel to me.

Cap292
04-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Fever_K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Asterisk:

I agree wholeheartedly: H2 graphics and colours really had a magic feel to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps this is caused by nostalgia?

Cap292
04-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Cap292:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever_K:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Asterisk:

I agree wholeheartedly: H2 graphics and colours really had a magic feel to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps this is caused by nostalgia? I love Heroes II's graphics as well, but III's are certainly better in a purely graphical sense.

Thunion
04-06-2011, 06:41 AM
they are less then 50%
In whole game-yes,in haven..Can you prove griffin is male?
On topic,I dont actually care is angel male or famale,they are damn angels after all.But dual wielding just doesnt fit no matter how they expanded it.I always seen angel as striking one super-finishing strike rather then swinging with swords back and there.

Zanosan
04-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Female Angels work for me! The hole idea of angels is about impractical beauty, grace and supernatural strength and power from an unlikly figure. It wouldn't be the same to have angels looking like the hulk http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Although, I recall reading the unit discriptions that in Heroes 6, that these are not Angels but rather are lesser beings, Seraphs, is that not correct?

Fate spinner is much more suited to be champions of Asha faction, it fits the faction's mythology much better than another dragon. Actually, i think if there were to be bone dragons, it be an elite unit because raise units of the original should be weaker in my opinion. raised units should be weaker and slower, but have the resilience of the undead and numbers advantages. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Fever_K
04-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Cap292:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fever_K:
I agree wholeheartedly: H2 graphics and colours really had a magic feel to me.

Perhaps this is caused by nostalgia? I love Heroes II's graphics as well, but III's are certainly better in a purely graphical sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are probably right objectively speaking, but H3 graphics were not that appealing to me; I'd pick H2 cartoony style over H3 more serious style any day.
I don't think it's a nostalgia thing: I played and enjoyed both titles when I was younger, so I should feel the same about H3.

Back on topic, female angels work for me as well: I didn't like the concept art, but then totally loved the in-game screens and the model shown on the official site.

Thunion
04-06-2011, 10:20 AM
Zanosan reminded me one thing.Seraphims arent angels,they arent even lesser angels.So question is do angels got gender?

fredrikslicer
04-06-2011, 02:00 PM
made a google search and found that seraphims are celestial beings in christianity and judism and that the litteral translation is "burning ones". They possess three wing-sets and occupy the fith hierarchy of angels.

Asterisk
04-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Seraphim (plural)
Seraph (single)

Zanosan
04-07-2011, 11:27 AM
The Devs have stated that the world of Ashan maybe inspired with names and concepts from our world, but the two worlds are not directly related.

Seraph is defined as an angel in the real world but i'm going to stick with the dev's discription that the in game seraphs are not angels, but lesser beings of some sort.

Its more intriging to see how these seraphs fit in the overal story (^___^) can't wait!

Asterisk
04-07-2011, 05:13 PM
What I'm baffled by is why the devs couldn't give them original names?.. At least change it to something like Seraphus for Seraph and Vampyro for Vampire. They had enough imagination to call an upgrade originally - Celestial.