PDA

View Full Version : Hiding under a Fiji while being pinged

Foehammer-1
02-16-2006, 10:10 AM
A couple patrols ago, when i still had my Type VIIb, i went to Loch Ewe to sink that Fiji for the 5th or so time. Unfortunately, i was detected by 2 destroyers while still about 1000m away and at a sharp angle, so i couldnt fire accurately. Instead, i ordered ahead flank and dive 4 meters below periscope depth. As the destroyers shortened the distance between them and me, i found myself about 200m away from the ship. So i ordered back emergency and stopped right under it. The destroyers were circling and pinging, but not DC'ing for obvious reasons. However, with external cam, i saw that the BB turned its screws one revolution, which gave it like 0.00038 knots of speed, but enough to slip away from above the submarine in time compression. Eventually i got bored, since the destroyers would not go away, blew balast while my bow was still under the BB's stern, got some damage, reloaded a save, killed the Fiji. How determined can those DD's get in 1940?

Foehammer-1
02-16-2006, 10:10 AM
A couple patrols ago, when i still had my Type VIIb, i went to Loch Ewe to sink that Fiji for the 5th or so time. Unfortunately, i was detected by 2 destroyers while still about 1000m away and at a sharp angle, so i couldnt fire accurately. Instead, i ordered ahead flank and dive 4 meters below periscope depth. As the destroyers shortened the distance between them and me, i found myself about 200m away from the ship. So i ordered back emergency and stopped right under it. The destroyers were circling and pinging, but not DC'ing for obvious reasons. However, with external cam, i saw that the BB turned its screws one revolution, which gave it like 0.00038 knots of speed, but enough to slip away from above the submarine in time compression. Eventually i got bored, since the destroyers would not go away, blew balast while my bow was still under the BB's stern, got some damage, reloaded a save, killed the Fiji. How determined can those DD's get in 1940?

stringz54
02-16-2006, 10:23 AM
LOL

Since you 'broke' into their house, very determined http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Danger Danger Intruder Alert!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif