PDA

View Full Version : This game really has pushed my patients!!

pugnale-assass
08-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I am new to gaming. The reason I was told to buy a game at the age of 54 was to help me get out of my world of extreme pain and help reduce my morphine intake as it has been proven it really helps. So I bought this game as I was impressed with the walkthroughs. Little did I know what I was letting myself in for! Frustration after frustration. I haven't moaned about all of it, only a few bits, but I have just been playing the last rites and what a joke that has been. Don't get me wrong I am very impressed with all the graphics and story etc, just that are so many gliches. I have apparently my parachute, but that doesn't show up on my Armoury info with all the weaponry. I try and jump and it goes the wrong way, I try and finish at a point and it carries on. I try and pick up bodies and all it wants to do it loot them on Last Rites. I even ended up in the water with the body, without me doing anything. On other occasions I completed what ever it was and it decided I had done something wrong and I had to go through it all again.
I am not sure gaming has helped me, it has only increased my pain and I have taken more morphine than I usually do. It has given me more stress than cure. If anyone has any ideas would love to know

notafanboy
08-13-2011, 03:37 PM
tap O(B if you´ve got an xbox) to pick up bodies, or else you´re just going to loot them

gbgkf12
08-14-2011, 05:25 AM
???? ?????????? ? ????? ???? ???????

pugnale-assass
08-14-2011, 05:55 AM
I had done all that. In fact at one stage it couldn't see the bodies to pick up on B although I could see them. I seem to manage to work someway of dealing with it, but always in frustration and not how the game should work. I can see in the game there are s many variables that it is amazing it has been put together in the first place. But it really has tested me in the wrong way. Working out the game is fine, battling against it is not

pugnale-assass
08-14-2011, 06:00 AM
???? ?????????? ? ????? ???? ???????
In English apparently gbgkf12 is asking what a key on line means. You have to set up your own discussion to ask that question not here gbgkf12

gbgkf12
08-14-2011, 07:26 AM
?? ?????????? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ????

pugnale-assass
08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
?? ?????????? ???? ???? ???? ??????? ????
??????????, ????????? ??????????? ????????? ?? ????? ??????????

pugnale-assass
08-14-2011, 08:26 AM
GRRR Just got to the point of getting the apple. Killed all the soldiers and stood there in the light lighted area!! Then it told me I was out of dam time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR When you have had a battle with the controler and it takes you to directions youo didn't want to go and you have battled your way through to success it really does take the dam biscuit to tell you you failed, when you hadn't!

Ureh
08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Sounds like you're trying to reclaim the apple from the pineapple statue in St. Pietro's.

These tips might make it easier for you:
1. Don't fight the guards (it's not required and will only eat up time) Use smoke bombs to stun guards behind you. If you see agiles or papal guards coming close (or any others that might impede you) just jump forward and continue running. This'll take advantage of the weak ai and momentarily stop them from chasing you. This method also works if they form a barricade (just jump past them).
2. Keep running to the vatican courtyard. When you get the chance, try to break their line of sight and hide (I prefer haystack). Try to hide as close to the courtyard as you can.

If you managed to lose them near St. Pietro then you can just run into the courtyard and interact with the statue. If they manage to sport you while you're in the yard but before you could interact with the statue just break their line of sight by going to the back of the yard and stand behind a pillar.

I'm not sure if you have a faulty controller or it has to do with your age and/or lack of more experience. Check the controller then read the game manual found in the in-game manual (if you haven't yet). Few people are good at something the first time, practice and some determination. If you need to cooldown a bit just stand up and do some simple exercises or take a longer break if need be.

Kytr
08-14-2011, 06:22 PM
Actually it sounds like he is trying to acquire the apple -- the run to beat Cesare to the pineapple. That one is irritating, especially if you are going for 100% and aren't killing guards. That is made harder because the guards will see you if you get too close to them, even if you are out of line of sight.

The best way to accomplish this that I have found is to run straight down the wall in the vatican, jump to the hanging platform then leap of faith to the wagon below. Wait until the meter flashes green then start running toward the marker. As soon as you appear, they will begin chasing you. Be aware that both agiles and papal guards are faster than you are, but cutting angles can cut them off. Going on the roofs might also help (you tend to climb faster than they do and papal guards can't climb). You need to break sight close to that final structure and hide until the gauge flashes green. The best spot (if you can manage) is that hay wagon just to the south. At that point you will hopefully be able to walk into the structure without problems, go around to the far side of the pineapple and press the action button (you may need to do an eagle vision to allow that action).

Generally it takes me two or three tries to get this one (it would be a lot easier to just kill the guards, but the limit is tight for that route, too).

Ureh
08-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I'm a little confused... I thought that's what I was talking about too? You mentioned some things I didn't but I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same mission.

AU7thGear
08-23-2011, 05:22 AM
Ahhh if you ask me your taking games to seriously. Assassins Creed is my favorite franchise with Assassins Creed 2 being my favorite game. Its not my place to say but if you ask me maybe consider seeing a Councillor or someone of the same nature. People get frustrated with games all the time but if you ask me Assassins Creed are some of the easiest games out. Just take it slow and go in every game with the mindset of it could be a very difficult game. But if you finish it, it could be all the more rewarding http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Also what system are you playing on? I play on PS3 and whilst there are bugs no where near as much as what you are describing.

pugnale-assass
08-23-2011, 10:55 AM
No not taking it seriously just dam frustrated with all the buggs that are in it. It could take twenty or more times to progress when jumping from one point to another. I start jumping and end up elsewhere. If it happend 2-3 times I could easily get on with it, but alas it takes me places I didn't ask to go which buggers up the game. Far too many bugs in my Win7 64bit game. It doesn't happen in two more games I bought only this one