PDA

View Full Version : A question on Patch 4.05 and 4.06?

MiamiEagle
05-11-2006, 02:55 PM
i would like to buy Patch 4.05 but I hear that it a lot of members are having problems with its instalation.Is there any fix for this patch in the Future to fix this problem.

Another question is. Is it necesary to install patch 4.05 in order to bee able to install the addon 4.06?

What happen to the Buma and Norway maps that where suppose to bee available with future patchest?

Miamieagle

JG53Frankyboy
05-11-2006, 03:08 PM
you need the 4.05 to be able to use the 4.06.

as it was always in the past.

the Burma, Norway ,ItlayOnline, Slovakia map will be in a free update . that will come between 4.06 (the IL10 AdOn) and the VVS'46 AdOn OR after all 3 to-pay-AdOns.

mortoma1958
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by MiamiEagle:
i would like to buy Patch 4.05 but I hear that it a lot of members are having problems with its instalation.Is there any fix for this patch in the Future to fix this problem.

Another question is. Is it necesary to install patch 4.05 in order to bee able to install the addon 4.06?

What happen to the Buma and Norway maps that where suppose to bee available with future patchest?

Miamieagle It's not a patch technically, it's an add-on or upgrade. It doesn't fix any bugs, just adds content. It is only truly troublesome to Win98 or Me users like me. This is because it's Downloader/installer tool needs the NTFS file system, and Win98ME use Fat16/32. WinXP users usually didn't have trouble except for a few times people did not get the serial number code e-mailed to them, which was not the fault of the OS. Others have complained of the BoontyBox downloading and installing tool as supposedly being spyware or malware tool of malicious proportions. While some say that is not true at all. But it did not give anyone any "trouble" that was able to be documented. That's about all I know. I was able to get the thing on my computer even though
I have Win98 but had to resort to extreme tactics to do it. Nevermind how I did it....... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif some frown on the method I used but hey, I paid for it. Ubi has my $$ so why are they so concerned??

MiamiEagle
05-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Thank you Gentelman for clarifying my question.

Miamieagle

han freak solo
05-14-2006, 07:23 AM
It's trouble in XP, too.

Treetop64
05-15-2006, 01:43 PM
I'm actually waiting to see if there will be an option to do a clean install of 4.05 without all the Boonybox junk. Why can't we just install what we want to install, without including all the auxiliary garbage that seems to be practically compulsory nowdays?

Again, I want 4.05, but not until Boonty is out of the picture completely.

Stigler_9_JG52
05-15-2006, 01:54 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
+1

GerritJ9
05-15-2006, 04:42 PM
SimHQ forums have a description of how to delete all traces of BoontyBox from your system after downloading and installing the add-on, and also a description on how to create a backup file that is Boonty free; see "How to remove BOONTYBOX after installing Pe-2". This eliminates getting traces of Boonty on your PC if you ever need to re-install.
I run on W2000 and had no problems downloading 4.05, but had to resort to a manual install as per Luthier's instructions. In some cases the Boonty automatic install doesn't work.