PDA

View Full Version : Official Assassin's Creed Revelations Editions Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Black_Widow9
06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Please post here regarding all AC Revelations Editions Discussion. Any topics pertaining to Editions will be closed and redirected here.Information regarding the different Editions will be regularly updated as new content is available.Thanks ;)

Available for EMEA
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-AU/pre-order/index.aspx)

ANIMUS EDITION- Exclusive to EB Games (360, PS3, PC)
Behold the Animus Edition, holding secrets retrieved from the depths of the Animus

In-depth encyclopedia, with comprehensive entries on the major characters, events and other important aspects of the Assassin’s Creed® universe.
Original game soundtrack
Assassin’s Creed® Embers Movie: an animated short film
IN-GAME CONTENT:

Explore the prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler, the scourge of Constantinople who inspired the myth of Dracula. Seek out the hanging cell of the infamous leader to retrieve his personal blade, a deadly close quarters dagger capable of dispatching any foe.
Capacity upgrades for your hidden gun bullets, bombs & crossbow arrows to give you a decisive advantage in battle.
Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester
The Armour of Brutus from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood
One exclusive customisation item.

COLLECTORS EDITION- Exclusive to JB (360, PS3, PC)

The Collector box: break the Assassin seal to unveil its contents.
An Artbook featuring 50 pages of illustrations and concept art related to the game.
Original game soundtrack
Assassin’s Creed® Embers Movie: an animated short film
IN-GAME CONTENT:

Explore the prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler, the scourge of Constantinople who inspired the myth of Dracula. Seek out the hanging cell of the infamous leader to retrieve his personal blade, a deadly close quarters dagger capable of dispatching any foe.
Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a new Harlequin revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester

SPECIAL EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)

Exclusive packaging
Original game soundtrack
IN-GAME CONTENT:

Turkish Assassin Armour.
Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Doctor

UBISHOP STANDARD EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)
When a man has won all his battles and defeated his enemies; what is left for him to achieve? Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, In search of the truth.In Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilise the region.In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with new and additional modes, maps and characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.

Available for U.S.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx)

Ultimate Bundle- GAMESTOP Exclusive(360, PS3, PC)
Bundled Items-

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 7-Inch Ezio Collectible
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Da Vinci's Flying Machine Collectible
Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition
Pre-Order Exclusive Signature Edition Contents-

An animated short film based on the Assassin’s Creed® universe
An Assassin's Creed® Revelations original game score soundtrack
Weapons capacity upgrades
An exclusive multiplayer character

SIGNATURE EDITION- Pre-Order Exclusive GAMESTOP Exclusive(360, PS3, PC)
Details on this edition will be revealed very soon, but we can tell you that the Signature Edition of the game will include:

An Assassin's Creed® Revelations original game score soundtrack
Weapons capacity upgrades
An exclusive multiplayer character
BEST BUY EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)
Details on this edition will be revealed very soon, but we can tell you that the Best Buy Edition of the game will include: An exclusive multiplayer character: The Crusader

UBISHOP STANDARD EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)When a man has won all his battles and defeated his enemies; what is left for him to achieve? Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, In search of the truth.In Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilise the region.In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with new and additional modes, maps and characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE EDITION - (PC download only)
The Digital Exclusive Edition is available only from Gamestop Network and the Ubishop - this is a digital download version only - no physical items.

A new mission : Vlad The Impaler Prison
Capacity upgrades
A character : Ottoman Jester
The Crusader - Exclusive MP character
Artbook (.pdf version)
Soundtrack

Black_Widow9
06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Please post here regarding all AC Revelations Editions Discussion. Any topics pertaining to Editions will be closed and redirected here.

Information regarding the different Editions will be regularly updated as new content is available.
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Available for EMEA
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-AU/pre-order/index.aspx)

ANIMUS EDITION- Exclusive to EB Games (360, PS3, PC)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Behold the Animus Edition, holding secrets retrieved from the depths of the Animus
<LI>In-depth encyclopedia, with comprehensive entries on the major characters, events and other important aspects of the Assassin’s Creed® universe.
<LI>Original game soundtrack
<LI>Assassin’s Creed® Embers Movie: an animated short film [/list]
IN-GAME CONTENT:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Explore the prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler, the scourge of Constantinople who inspired the myth of Dracula. Seek out the hanging cell of the infamous leader to retrieve his personal blade, a deadly close quarters dagger capable of dispatching any foe.
<LI>Capacity upgrades for your hidden gun bullets, bombs & crossbow arrows to give you a decisive advantage in battle.
<LI>Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester
<LI>The Armour of Brutus from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood
<LI>One exclusive customisation item. [/list]

COLLECTORS EDITION- Exclusive to JB (360, PS3, PC)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The Collector box: break the Assassin seal to unveil its contents
<LI>An Artbook featuring 50 pages of illustrations and concept art related to the game.
<LI>Original game soundtrack
<LI>Assassin’s Creed® Embers Movie: an animated short film [/list]
IN-GAME CONTENT:<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Explore the prison of legendary Vlad the Impaler, the scourge of Constantinople who inspired the myth of Dracula. Seek out the hanging cell of the infamous leader to retrieve his personal blade, a deadly close quarters dagger capable of dispatching any foe.
<LI>Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a new Harlequin revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Jester [/list]

SPECIAL EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Exclusive packaging
<LI>Original game soundtrack [/list]
IN-GAME CONTENT: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Turkish Assassin Armour.
<LI>Play as two additional multiplayer characters: The Crusader & a character from Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood revamped with a Constantinople flavour: the Ottoman Doctor [/list]

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>When a man has won all his battles and defeated his enemies; what is left for him to achieve? Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, In search of the truth.
In Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilise the region.
In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with new and additional modes, maps and characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.
[/list]

Available for U.S.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/...pre-order/index.aspx (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-US/pre-order/index.aspx)

Ultimate Bundle- GAMESTOP Exclusive(360, PS3, PC)

Bundled Items<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Assassin's Creed Brotherhood 7-Inch Ezio Collectible
<LI>Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Da Vinci's Flying Machine Collectible
<LI>Assassin's Creed Revelations Signature Edition [/list]
Pre-Order Exclusive Signature Edition Contents<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>An animated short film based on the Assassin’s Creed® universe
<LI>An Assassin's Creed® Revelations original game score soundtrack
<LI>Weapons capacity upgrades
<LI>An exclusive multiplayer character [/list]

SIGNATURE EDITION- Pre-Order Exclusive GAMESTOP Exclusive(360, PS3, PC)

Details on this edition will be revealed very soon, but we can tell you that the Signature Edition of the game will include: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>An animated short film based on the Assassin’s Creed® universe
<LI>An Assassin's Creed® Revelations original game score soundtrack
<LI>Weapons capacity upgrades
<LI>An exclusive multiplayer character [/list]

BEST BUY EDITION- (360, PS3, PC)
Details on this edition will be revealed very soon, but we can tell you that the Best Buy Edition of the game will include: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>An exclusive multiplayer character: The Crusader [/list]

When a man has won all his battles and defeated his enemies; what is left for him to achieve? Ezio Auditore must leave his life behind in search of answers, In search of the truth.
In Assassin’s Creed® Revelations, master assassin Ezio Auditore walks in the footsteps of the legendary mentor Altair, on a journey of discovery and revelation. It is a perilous path – one that will take Ezio to Constantinople, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, where a growing army of Templars threatens to destabilise the region.
In addition to Ezio’s award-winning story, a refined and expanded online multiplayer experience returns with new and additional modes, maps and characters, allowing you to test your assassin skills against others from around the world.

DIGITAL EXCLUSIVE EDITION - (PC download only)
The Digital Exclusive Edition is available only from Gamestop Network and the Ubishop - this is a digital download version only - no physical items.
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> A new mission : Vlad The Impaler Prison
<LI> Capacity upgrades
<LI> A character : Ottoman Jester
<LI> The Crusader - Exclusive MP character
<LI> Artbook (.pdf version)
<LI> Soundtrack
[/list]

kriegerdesgottes
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I am finally ok with what we Americans get this time around being that I feel the encyclopedia is ridiculous anyway but I would really like to have the turkish armor which seems cool. I don't understand though how you can even get the standard edition if you are automatically bumped to the signature edition just for pre-ordering.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Wow thank god for you Widow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Now we see if this actualy stops the endles threads on the subject http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, thanks a heap for the info http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

One question, I saw somewhere that the free gamestop upgrade included the SP mission. This is why I pre-ordered there because the only thing that REALLY matters to me is that I get the full SP experience. I am very disappointed to see that this is not mentioned in your post. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Also, I'm pretty P'd off that we in the US get the shaft, again. What is Ubi's problem? I want to know what is in this misteriously sealed box, I want the art book, I want the option to get the encylopedia (available on Ubishop?), and I especially want the SP mission. This is a load of crap. Shame on you Ubisoft http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Black_Widow9
06-21-2011, 11:13 PM
@kriegerdesgotte-
I believe it is because of the pre-order that you are bumped up which isn't a bad thing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Once it has been released I don't think that option will be available again.

@Blind-
It says details will be revealed soon so hopefully I will be able to add to it. If you come across where you saw this please let us know.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
It was at the end of one version of the cinematic trailer, I think it was the one uploaded to youtube by machinima. Unfortunately, so many people have uploaded it and I doubt I'll be able to find the right one. I'll try though.

Hey, what do ya know, I sorted by view count and found it right away. At the end of this video is the add for the gamestop upgrade and the first thing is exclusive single player mission and I only knew of one.

Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo6Q14vBB1c)

This same add also appears at the end of the Desmond trailer on the Official Assassin's Creed Revelations website.

kriegerdesgottes
06-21-2011, 11:27 PM
I was just curious. It's definitely a good thing in my book. Thanks for official info on the subject I know I was kind of confused about the whole thing. I thought that the signature edition also comes with the Vlad the impaler mission. That's what the facebook post said about it.

Biomedical-Fire
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM
Why is it that when it comes to the U.S. and Canada for Collector's Editions we always get the short end of the stick? They continually give everything to Great Britain, Europe and Australia on a silver platter. I'm even an Ubisoft shareholder and I still can't get a straight answer from Ubisoft. Since I hold stock, aren't they supposed to kiss up to us?

Dudas_
06-22-2011, 12:25 AM
Posted Mon June 13 2011 00:56
I lately just became hooked into the great graphics and the great looks of the upcoming game of the AC series. I looked around and found out that AC is extremely known for its story mode. However, I've not played the previous series of Ezio, so I do not know the characters. Would I still buy ACR even thought i don't know any of its past story and still understand any of it? Will the game help me the basics of how to become good at it, like the ACII does? (I played the demo) /or do I need to play the previous series to fully understand the story and how to play well?
Would i need to buy the animus edition, so that i get some background on the characters?

Blind2Society
06-22-2011, 12:41 AM
I would most certainly suggest playing them all in order.

Biomedical-Fire
06-22-2011, 01:00 AM
It's confirmed, Kotaku is reporting that North America is only getting the Signature Edition. Once again it looks like that Ubisoft screws the U.S. and Canada over.

Here is the link (http://kotaku.com/5813992/assassins-creed-revelationss-us-special-edition-keeps-costs-low-omits-encyclopedia) if you want to read more.

Serrachio
06-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm pretty sure that the Animus Edition would be available to everyone, provided that they order it from the Ubishop.

What I'd like to know is whether people who order the Animus Edition get the Ottoman Doctor as a standard character.

I know that with Brotherhood, the U.S. had select editions that gave away either the Officer or the Harlequin, though the Codex Edition had both of them inside, so I'm wondering if buying the Animus Edition would include them all as well.

Neo00_85
06-22-2011, 04:49 AM
I really hope that the "One exclusive customisation item." in the Animus Edition is in fact the "Turkish Assassin Armour" in the special edition..... fingers crossed

Alberto_Lucchesi
06-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Hi Black, do you know what is the exclusive customisation item?

Biomedical-Fire
06-22-2011, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
I'm pretty sure that the Animus Edition would be available to everyone, provided that they order it from the Ubishop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The only problem with that is, Ubishop determines the region in which you live and directs you to the appropriate site. Then the link that Widow gave directs you to either EBgames or JB-HiFi in Australia. Then there is the matter of the television format and Region lockout. The U.S. uses ATSC and Canada uses NTSC, so therefore, anyone with an XBox wouldn't be able to play it. Unless they have an PS3 because it's not Region locked. We wouldn't have to worry about any of this if Ubisoft would just give us all the same damn Editions instead of being ethnocentric.

Alberto_Lucchesi
06-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Fortunately that i live in Italy!

spyrochick101
06-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello Ubi

I really was hoping for the Animus Edition to be available to preorder at the EB Games store near me. Market wise I believe it would be great for you to release the Animus Edition up here to Canada and the U.S. There appears to be a lot of people who want it here.
My EB told me to keep checking back with them. I really want the Animus Edition because of all the awesome stuff you put in it, especially the encyclopedia.

Will EB Games in Canada have the Animus Edition available to pre-order later this summer? Or even as a limited time to preorer it?

I hope there is someway you can make it available to Canada and the U.S. because I would really like to purchase it when it is released this November.

If you could let me know as soon as you can, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

LaCava1
06-23-2011, 06:22 AM
Ugh, no Special Edition for me!
Well, anyway, I guess The Best Buy Edition and Gamestop Edition are considered special.

I kind of want the Crusader multiplayer character more, but we'll just have to see the other bonuses. And if there is another Beta, I'm preordering from whatever place has it. But I'm seriously doubting a Beta.

TheLeoCrow
06-23-2011, 06:49 AM
Are there any news about a digital deluxe edition?
How about play.com? It used to have the black edition of ac2 and the codex edition of acb, so how come the animus edition is exclusive to eb games?

reini03
06-23-2011, 07:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
Are there any news about a digital deluxe edition?
How about play.com? It used to have the black edition of ac2 and the codex edition of acb, so how come the animus edition is exclusive to eb games? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd call that a mistake... I already pre-ordered the Collector Edition, but neither at EB nor at JB... it's actually avaible in the UbiShop, Amazon and some other online shops.

Biomedical-Fire
06-23-2011, 08:10 AM
Apparently Ubi is updating the Signature Edition page because it says; "You may not access this content at this time." It would be nice if they updated the Signature Edition to at least the Collector's Edition, because of all the complaints they're getting from the North American gamers

Forsakerr
06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
So uh i had bought the CEs for both AC2 and AC:Brotherhood but now since i'm from Canada i can't get one ? Only the signature edition? kinda lame if you ask me , please provide us the Animus Edition or something

kobester03
06-23-2011, 07:50 PM
I really hope that they will release a collectors edition for revelations. I've bought the collectors editions for both AC2 and ACB, along with the limited edition for AC1. Yes I know that was alot of money but hey I knew after seeing the trailer for AC1 that it was going to be a big series so I went for it.

beatledude210
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
Hey, does anyone know a U.K gaming site that ships to the U.S? I would really like to get the Animus edition. Anyone know a site that does this?

tyrce111
06-24-2011, 01:20 AM
Me thinks this:

Turkish Assassin Armour.
is this:
One exclusive customisation item.

This is exactly what happened last year with the Codex Edition and the Auditore Edition...

Auditore Edition had already told us that we were getting the Helmschmied Drachen Armour, the later, the Codex Editon's "Something extra" turned into the Drachen Armour... Would be keen on seeing a screenshot of this Turkish Assassin Armour nonetheless...

Serrachio
06-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I hope they have a Xbox Beta for Revelations.

As of now, problems like lag and other glitches happen more often on Xbox than on PS3, and as well as sorting them on down the line, Xbox might end up with more people playing on the Xbox version.

IIwangcarsII
06-24-2011, 09:03 AM
I second that thought! I was really disappointed that ps3 got a beta and we didn't!

Blind2Society
06-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Correct me if I'm worng but doesn't that mean it was originally made for the ps3 and ported to the Xbox and that is why you guys didn't get a beta? Correct me if I'm I wrong, that is simply what I assumed.

Anyway I got ps3 so, PS3 beta all the way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

dchil279
06-24-2011, 09:31 AM
My local Gamestop says that when I pre-order AC:R it gets bumped up to signature edition like Widow said, but that it will also include the content from the special edition. I really hope this is the case because I really want both the Turkish assassin Armor and the Vlad the Impaler mission, but am having doubts.

Can a mod conform/un-confirm or ask someone who might know for me? Would be greatly appreciated!

Black_Widow9
06-24-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:
My local Gamestop says that when I pre-order AC:R it gets bumped up to signature edition like Widow said, but that it will also include the content from the special edition. I really hope this is the case because I really want both the Turkish assassin Armor and the Vlad the Impaler mission, but am having doubts.

Can a mod conform/un-confirm or ask someone who might know for me? Would be greatly appreciated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see if I can find out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Konzti
06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
So, is there yet any information available about the "digital deluxe edition" that could possibly make an appearance on Steam and the sorts? I quite appreciated this option when Brotherhood came out and would love to have a similar thing with Revelations!

Greetings, Konzti

JacksonSloan
06-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I went back and did some personal research on these Collector's Editions. Both AC2 and ACB came out in November. The AC2 Collector's Edition and the ACB Master Assassins Edition were both first made available for North America in early August at GameStop where I purchased them. ACR is coming out in November too, so will we be 3 for 3 with another August announcement of the North America ACR Collector's Edition??

dchil279
06-24-2011, 08:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dchil279:

Can a mod conform/un-confirm or ask someone who might know for me? Would be greatly appreciated! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me see if I can find out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
thank you much appreciated

Stowdace
06-24-2011, 08:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:
I hope they have a Xbox Beta for Revelations.

As of now, problems like lag and other glitches happen more often on Xbox than on PS3, and as well as sorting them on down the line, Xbox might end up with more people playing on the Xbox version. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! Please let there be a Xbox Beta and please let me be a part of it.
(P.S. Good job last night in Manhunt, Serrachio)

Biomedical-Fire
06-25-2011, 01:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JacksonSloan:
I went back and did some personal research on these Collector's Editions. Both AC2 and ACB came out in November. The AC2 Collector's Edition and the ACB Master Assassins Edition were both first made available for North America in early August at GameStop where I purchased them. ACR is coming out in November too, so will we be 3 for 3 with another August announcement of the North America ACR Collector's Edition?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You know, that surely would be great if Ubisoft did announce a CE for N. America in August. However, I think they're going to stick to their guns and only give us the Signature Edition. I certainly hope they prove me wrong, but they haven't yet. So I won't hold my breath on this one.

StarScream391
06-25-2011, 01:49 AM
Nice Nice...

CowPan
06-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Everyone is asking for a beta, I'm just hoping PC players will get it at the same time as consoles.

SPROGGY
06-25-2011, 04:34 PM
I posted this in another thread, but it stands true here as well:

This blows my mind. The team thats developing Revelations is based in North America. Yet N. America gets shafted on collectors editions and timely forum management. Their should have been a Revelations forum up within an hour of the official reveal at E3. But Germany has one? Seriously? Who Buys more Ubisoft products, America or Germany? Yes thats a rhetorical question, they need to get their priorities straight.

I love Ubisofts games, but their community support has always been crappy. Gabe does a decent job, but he has no counterpart on the Splinter Cell team. The way Ubi has handled the SC community has forever left a bad impression on me. If they didnt have the best developers then I would gladly take my money somewhere else.

No surprise i supposse...it is a French company...
<span class="ev_code_RED">Insulting others is against the Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947#II) . If you do not have anything constructive to add I would suggest not posting.</span>

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">Hmmm, this is a discussion regarding AC:R editions is it not? That being the case I find it interesting that you dont think my post is "constructive". My post abides by all the forum rules. Europe gets special treatment from Ubisoft, and Ubisoft is a french company(see:european). Its a fact...</span>

Yakomori212
06-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Hey. Anyone pre-ordered the Animus Editon on PS3 from Ubishop yet? I pre-ordered my copy a couple of months ago choosing standard delivery, does anyone know whether it will arrive on the UK release date or after???? If it doesn't arrive on the day I will wait for it to be released for pre-order on Play or Amazon. I usually order from Play but they don't have the Animus edition yet! I couldn't wait so ordered from Ubisoft for the first time. I ordered AC2 Black Edition and AC Brotherhood Codex Edition and even AC1 Limited Edition from Play.

Yakomori212
06-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Doesn't it suck that AC Revelations Animus Edition doesn't include the Turkish Assassin Armour? Pretty annoying as I wanted it but have pre-ordered Animus edition.

CarnivalBox
06-26-2011, 08:57 AM
IF THE OTTOMAN HELLEQUIN IS IN THE GAMESTOP EDITION I'M GOING TO SOMEONE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter or post in all CAPS.</span>

Serrachio
06-26-2011, 09:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CarnivalBox:
IF THE OTTOMAN HELLEQUIN IS IN THE GAMESTOP EDITION I'M GOING TO SOMEONE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOPE, I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S THE DOCTOR THIS TIME.
(Thanks Stowdace btw)

Markie577
06-26-2011, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deepego3:
I posted this in another thread, but it stands true here as well:

This blows my mind. The team thats developing Revelations is based in North America. Yet N. America gets shafted on collectors editions and timely forum management. Their should have been a Revelations forum up within an hour of the official reveal at E3. But Germany has one? Seriously? Who Buys more Ubisoft products, America or Germany? Yes thats a rhetorical question, they need to get their priorities straight.

I love Ubisofts games, but their community support has always been crappy. Gabe does a decent job, but he has no counterpart on the Splinter Cell team. The way Ubi has handled the SC community has forever left a bad impression on me. If they didnt have the best developers then I would gladly take my money somewhere else.

No surprise i supposse...it is a French company... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, no use dissing other countries, this is a choice that is being made by marketing teams. It's there where you need to direct you anger!

SPROGGY
06-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Of my entire post you singled in on the very last statement. I do blame the marketing department, and the community relations folks. But they work for Ubisoft and Ubi is a french company...

Biomedical-Fire
06-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Unfortunately we see the Signature Edition as an insult to us North Americans by Ubisoft. They treat us as if we're not an important market as the European market. Until we get the same treatment as the other markets, we'll continue to feel insulted by Ubisoft.

SixKeys
06-26-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, poor North America, never getting anything first, always having to settle for the worst.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

As a European, I'm glad that for once we're getting something cool and exclusive. Most of the time Americans always get all the exclusive stuff while Europeans have to settle for a standard edition.

Biomedical-Fire
06-26-2011, 09:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SixKeys:
Yeah, poor North America, never getting anything first, always having to settle for the worst.... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

As a European, I'm glad that for once we're getting something cool and exclusive. Most of the time Americans and Canadians always get all the exclusive stuff while Europeans have to settle for a standard edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I fixed your post for you since N. America includes Canada as well. Now to the matter at hand...There wouldn't be a video game industry if weren't for N. America and Japan. For years we were the two largest video game markets and both the Publishers and Developers built their empires off us. So if we feel cheated because a Publisher that N. America helped built turns their back on us, your damned straight we're going to voice our opinions on the matter. Canada has the right more than anyone to be upset at Ubisoft since it's main HQ and main game development is based in Montreal, Quebec Canada.

Austin82
06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
I am finally ok with what we Americans get this time around being that I feel the encyclopedia is ridiculous anyway but I would really like to have the turkish armor which seems cool. I don't understand though how you can even get the standard edition if you are automatically bumped to the signature edition just for pre-ordering. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That is exactly what i'm saying.

kriegerdesgottes
06-26-2011, 11:53 PM
I honestly didn't think Ubisoft would have the guts to jipp us on a fourth AC game but I stand corrected. I'm glad it's not just me anymore throwing a fit about getting screwed by the biases of Ubisoft.

KletusCreed
06-27-2011, 02:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Correct me if I'm worng but doesn't that mean it was originally made for the ps3 and ported to the Xbox and that is why you guys didn't get a beta? Correct me if I'm I wrong, that is simply what I assumed.

Anyway I got ps3 so, PS3 beta all the way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't necessarily mean it was designed for the PS3 (or whether that matters for the most part) having a PS3 demo may just mean that they were afraid that there wasn't enough market excitement on the PS3. So they threw out a open demo in order for people to get hooked. I don't know much about the demo (in fact the only thing I do about it is that it existed) but I do know that just because there was a demo on one console and not the other doesn't necessarily mean it was designed for one console in mind.

Hope that helps

Now being in the country(New Zealand) that usually gets shafted when it comes to games (or software in general) I understand North Americas frustration and I just wish that NO ONE gets left out. Bias (whether its because or region or something else) is unacceptable and to me its seems like a silly marketing move to do that to one of its largest markets.

I feel for you guys.

Dejan507
06-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Hello, I have a question about Gamestop "Signature Edition".
Is it available for shipping in Italy, or just America? Please someone answer ASAP because I want to preorder it. Thanks

JoziGorrilla
06-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Do any of you know if the Animus Edition will be shipped to South Africa? I really, really, really want to pre-order it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Dejan507
06-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I'm terribly sorry for asking the same question twice, but it's really urgent and if anyone knows please tell me is it available for shipping in Italy

TheLeoCrow
06-27-2011, 10:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dejan507:
I'm terribly sorry for asking the same question twice, but it's really urgent and if anyone knows please tell me is it available for shipping in Italy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Urgent? The game is almost 5 months away!
Anyway, gamestop's store locator shows that there are several "eb games stores" in Italy, so the best way to be sure is to find the one nearest to you and ask. Here : http://www.gamestop.com/StoreLocator.aspx is where you will find it. And I guess the mods will post more information in this thread as soon as they can

Archosakun
06-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Time to convince the misses to let me get the Collectors Edition for £49.99 :|

NarQc
06-27-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Animus Edition would be available to everyone, provided that they order it from the Ubishop.

What I'd like to know is whether people who order the Animus Edition get the Ottoman Doctor as a standard character.

I know that with Brotherhood, the U.S. had select editions that gave away either the Officer or the Harlequin, though the Codex Edition had both of them inside, so I'm wondering if buying the Animus Edition would include them all as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bought(preorder) Brotherhood from EB games(Gamestop in canada) and I got both the Officer and the Harlequin as well as few templar's lair, a figurine and a key chain + bonus cd and art book

A_E_D
06-27-2011, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Black_Widow9:

Let me see if I can find out. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
similar thing was told to me by a gamestop manager. No word yet? or is it a secret?

JoziGorrilla
06-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Anyone!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

obliviondoll
06-27-2011, 03:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoziGorrilla:
Do any of you know if the Animus Edition will be shipped to South Africa? I really, really, really want to pre-order it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JoziGorrilla:
Anyone!? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not confirmed yet, but it's the best I could find... (http://www.xboxgaming.co.za/news/assassins-creed-revelations-release-date-special-editions-revealed/)

"Local distributor for Ubisoft in SA, Megarom, didn't go as far as to confirm all three special editions, but did call it "most probable" that we will see them locally. Pricing is still to be confirmed."

Hope that helps. Sounds like (probably) good news.

chaondballer
06-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't really care that im not going to get stuff that other people are, I care about the game not all the bells and whistles that come along with it. A mazerati without park assist orbuilt in navigation is still a really nice car. Just like ACR without all that other s*** will still be a great game

Serrachio
06-27-2011, 03:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chaondballer:
I don't really care that im not going to get stuff that other people are, I care about the game not all the bells and whistles that come along with it. A mazerati without park assist orbuilt in navigation is still a really nice car. Just like ACR without all that other s*** will still be a great game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is with me, I like to cycle through all the characters when I play the multiplayer, so having a persona that is locked to me denies me the ability to see their kill animations/gear, which is something that interests me a lot about the characters.

Biomedical-Fire
06-27-2011, 11:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chaondballer:
I don't really care that im not going to get stuff that other people are, I care about the game not all the bells and whistles that come along with it. A mazerati without park assist orbuilt in navigation is still a really nice car. Just like ACR without all that other s*** will still be a great game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thing is with me, I like to cycle through all the characters when I play the multiplayer, so having a persona that is locked to me denies me the ability to see their kill animations/gear, which is something that interests me a lot about the characters. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And to add to that, you'll also have to pay more for the extra stuff as DLC on XBLA than you would being packaged in the Animus and Collector's Editions.

The only way that Ubisoft stands up and takes notice how truly that we North Americans are upset about being screwed out of the Animus and Collector's Editions, is if we all stood up and not purchase Revelations. Of course this isn't going to work because people will still buy the game telling Ubisoft that it's okay to screw us over.

j0kay
06-28-2011, 02:20 AM
It's official:
The Animus Edition won't be available on amazon.com
http://www.loaditup.de/files/626364_dkg3aswss7.tiff

JoziGorrilla
06-28-2011, 06:36 AM
@ obliviondoll

Thank a mill pal!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Konzti
06-28-2011, 06:47 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Konzti:
So, is there yet any information available about the "digital deluxe edition" that could possibly make an appearance on Steam and the sorts? I quite appreciated this option when Brotherhood came out and would love to have a similar thing with Revelations!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anybody???

Greetings, Konzti

Yakomori212
06-28-2011, 01:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yakomori212:
Hey. Anyone pre-ordered the Animus Editon on PS3 from Ubishop yet? I pre-ordered my copy a couple of months ago choosing standard delivery, does anyone know whether it will arrive on the UK release date or after???? If it doesn't arrive on the day I will wait for it to be released for pre-order on Play or Amazon. I usually order from Play but they don't have the Animus edition yet! I couldn't wait so ordered from Ubisoft for the first time. I ordered AC2 Black Edition and AC Brotherhood Codex Edition and even AC1 Limited Edition from Play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still nothing and I have looked everywhere I did call up Ubisoft a couple of months ago regarding the matter, but I was put on with a guy who seemed completely clueless! He was no help and didn't really answer my question, in fact he worried me further, he told me that once despatched it would take 4-8 days to arrive, I though I chose standard delivery which is meant to be 2-3 days????

Anyway I don't think he knew much about pre-orders and he was just telling me the general delivery information for normal games, I don't think he understood when I began to talk about the pre-order for AC Revelations: Animus Edition, he did not mention the game at all during the conversation and doubt he even knows what I was talking about.

If you do get anything though please post because I am tempted to cancel my order and look elsewhere, though it doesn't seem to be available on Play or Amazon still, they were my first choices but I was forced to Pre-order from Ubisoft directly.

alex.richard
06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
I wont buy the game unless they do realese the animus edition in North America.

HankTheButcher
06-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Let's hope the US gets something... I am excited to see what we get!

Biomedical-Fire
06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Unless they plan on announcing something in August for Revelations like they did for AC2 and Brotherhood, then Signature Edition is all that N. America will receive.

Epsilonyx
06-29-2011, 04:11 AM
You Americans need to get over it. Revelations is going to be ****ing epic and you'll completely forget about extra in-game content when you're playing it.

Biomedical-Fire
06-29-2011, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blackanguish:
You Americans and Canadians need to get over it. Revelations is going to be ****ing epic and you'll completely forget about extra in-game content when you're playing it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There fixed your post for you.

Why is it that when North America is mentioned that the Euros always assume that it is only Americans complaining and since when was Canada annexed by the United States? Us Canadians are just as upset as the Americans!

Assassinsyk
06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
@ ACB beta-players.

You guys got Beta access by pre-ordering, no? Did it matter what edition? Was it possible to pre-order for Beta access after it was official?

I want Beta access if there will be one, but not keen on pre-ordering and risk getting the game later than release date. Much less stress to just go to my local Game Stop and pick it up on premiere day, like with ACB.

MrKnox122
06-29-2011, 01:17 PM
can i get for ANIMUS EDITION in Gamestop becuase sinces Gamestop owns EB game stores

RoKKeR IV
06-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Ubisoft needs to clear this up, because the confusion surrounding the editions is ridiculous.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
06-29-2011, 08:36 PM
any news yet? im a huge ACB fan, i was super mad when i preordered Brotherhood collector edition and only got one extra player. come to find out i didnt get what the europe market got, even thought i paid that price for it.

i would definitely like to see the Animus Edition available to north america. if im gonna spend all this money + overnight shipping. i want EVERYTHING. not all but one thing, EVERYTHING!

SunTszu
06-30-2011, 01:54 AM
You guys have guts, to release REVELATIONS without properly patching BROTHERHOOD. Do you think I will buy this one, without a decent MP patch for Brotherhood? Why? To buy another piece of... that doesn't work properly? No thanks!

JacksonSloan
06-30-2011, 01:00 PM
Sun Tzu had only one "S" in his name. Just saying.

DaVe_RoCk_
06-30-2011, 01:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JacksonSloan:
Sun Tzu had only one "S" in his name. Just saying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

lockerxzx
06-30-2011, 04:51 PM
What about Digital Deluxe Edition? Is Ubisoft going to release any Special Edition for digital download?

Serrachio
06-30-2011, 04:52 PM

That's not even relevant to the thread.

Jexx21
06-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Meh, if North America isn't gonna get an Animus Edition, then I'll just order the Digital Deluxe edition off of Steam when it turns out that Revelations will be delayed until March 2012 for the PC anyway. The Digital Deluxe edition for Brotherhood had everything from the Codex Edition, just digital, so I bet the one for Revelations will have everything from the Animus edition.

Too bad though, I would of loved to have the hard-cover encyclopedia and the box.

obliviondoll
06-30-2011, 09:33 PM

That's not even relevant to the thread. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not to mention it actually doesn't have an "S" in it at all when it's written properly.

But back on topic, still nobody in NZ who can tell me what editions we're getting. Typical.

Assassinsyk
06-30-2011, 11:45 PM
And this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
@ ACB beta-players.

You guys got Beta access by pre-ordering, no? Did it matter what edition? Was it possible to pre-order for Beta access after it was official?

I want Beta access if there will be one, but not keen on pre-ordering and risk getting the game later than release date. Much less stress to just go to my local Game Stop and pick it up on premiere day, like with ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please, people. I don´t need to remind you how much is at stake, here.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-01-2011, 08:44 AM
any updates mods? i would really hope ubisoft lets N.A. have a full animus edition

Ayve
07-02-2011, 08:09 AM
The turkish assassin armor is the one with the mask right?

obliviondoll
07-02-2011, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassinsyk:
@ ACB beta-players.

I want Beta access if there will be one, but not keen on pre-ordering and risk getting the game later than release date. Much less stress to just go to my local Game Stop and pick it up on premiere day, like with ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It didn't matter what edition, but some stores didn't offer beta access. And you didn't have to have already pre-ordered before the announcement - it would have been easier for me if I hadn't pre-ordered as early as I did.

ShadowRage41
07-03-2011, 09:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
Unfortunately we see the Signature Edition as an insult to us North Americans by Ubisoft. They treat us as if we're not an important market as the European market. Until we get the same treatment as the other markets, we'll continue to feel insulted by Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spot on.. No one likes to feel like they are forced to ride on the back of the bus, if they choose to ride. and the argument that the back seat is still worth the ride is lame. It's about equality. I mean it would be like Warner Bro's sending Europe One version of the movie The Dark Knight Rises and those of us in North America the complete version.

If it happens again. I will pick the next game up at the used game store. and completely avoid buying ANYTHING more from Ubisoft. including t.shirts, hoodies, avatar items ect. I have been an avid supporter of the company. But that will end, and instead extend to game companies who treat "all" their fans "equally" This is the third time they have done this to us. If an American game company did this to their European fans I would be saying the same thing.

We are all consumers/ clients/ fans... It is our money that enables them to make games. ALL of our money... they should not lose sight of that.

darthmauler
07-04-2011, 12:12 AM
I love the Assassin's Creed series. They are the best games out there. But I also feel cheated by not being able to get bonuses offered elsewhere in the world. The only different versions that should be offered are retail exclusives, so the consumer can choose what version he or she gets.

wapikas
07-04-2011, 03:12 AM
can anyone tell where I can buy animus edition in europe?

Thanks

HUFFmyPUFF
07-05-2011, 02:11 AM
Do you think Assassins Creed Revelations will have a continue of the side mission involving Cristina again? Those missions were quite touching to me and I would like for it to somehow be better. Thanks

Mad_Fox84
07-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Could anybody tell me the difference between the Animus and Collectors Editions. I have looked at both descriptions and they seem very similar to me.
I was thinking of preordering this
http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDE...ctors%20Edition.html (http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3AS13-Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%20Collectors%20Edi tion.html)

What extras would the animus edition have which this edition lacks?

dchil279
07-05-2011, 10:05 AM

Have you heard anything yet?

Biomedical-Fire
07-05-2011, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:
Could anybody tell me the difference between the Animus and Collectors Editions. I have looked at both descriptions and they seem very similar to me.
http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDE...ctors%20Edition.html (http://www.shopto.net/PS3/VIDEO%20GAMES/PS3AS13-Assassins%20Creed%20Revelations%20Collectors%20Edi tion.html)

What extras would the animus edition have which this edition lacks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Follow this link (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-AU/pre-order/index.aspx) and it'll tell you what the contents are of each Edition.

Mad_Fox84
07-05-2011, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaStA20:

What extras would the animus edition have which this edition lacks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Follow this link (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/revelations/en-AU/pre-order/index.aspx) and it'll tell you what the contents are of each Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks for that. Well the collectors edition has the artbook, but the animus edition has the encyclopedia. Hmm I'm torn between the two tbh.
It's shame that the animus edition doesn't have the artbook too.

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-05-2011, 08:53 PM
so let me get this 100% straight. north america will not receive the animus OR collectors edition? we only get the special edition?

Biomedical-Fire
07-05-2011, 11:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
so let me get this 100% straight. north america will not receive the animus OR collectors edition? we only get the special edition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is correct, we in North America only get the Signature Edition that EA is so famous for giving people. However, if you want the encyclopedia that comes in the Animus Edition, you can pre-order it on ubiworkshop.com. The pre-orders for it though aren't open yet.

c0ta81
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
I have a question! Can someone answer please...

Will the PC version release window be moved? Or will it be with the Novemeber launch?

thearmoredguard
07-06-2011, 12:25 PM
is it just me or do the official assassins creed gear seem a bit.... lacking? i mean the jackets are really cool but shouldn't there be like some kind of jacket that looks like ezio's armor, i think that would be a really cool jacket.

StrawMeBerry
07-07-2011, 04:24 AM
So.. has anyone got info on that special customization item from the Animus edition?

ShadowRage41
07-07-2011, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demon12-21-2012:
so let me get this 100% straight. north america will not receive the animus OR collectors edition? we only get the special edition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That is correct, we in North America only get the Signature Edition that EA is so famous for giving people. However, if you want the encyclopedia that comes in the Animus Edition, you can pre-order it on ubiworkshop.com. The pre-orders for it though aren't open yet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After thinking about it. really it's not that big of a deal. we get a dlc. and one multi character with a couple additional Easter eggs. besides the fall releases look really good. with Batman Arkham City and Elder scrolls Skyrim in addition to AC Revelations. Not having the additional LE frees up some money. last year. I bought three AC collectors editions. one for myself and the other two for my brothers as a Christmas gifts. This year I will ask them which of the three games they want.

I have already paid for all three games. So thinking about it. To be honest I am fine with it now.

ClairKruskamp
07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
when I pre-ordered I went to an over seas seller to buy the collectors addition... I wanted the game AND the art book REALLY bad. I'm a huge sucker for art books.

ShadowRage41
07-07-2011, 06:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ClairKruskamp:
when I pre-ordered I went to an over seas seller to buy the collectors addition... I wanted the game AND the art book REALLY bad. I'm a huge sucker for art books. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not think those would play on our consoles? or so I have been told. heck in the near future you could buy the art book on the Ubiworkshop website. That is what I intend to do. and maybe buy a hoodie as well. Time will tell. XD

ClairKruskamp
07-07-2011, 07:20 PM
wait, are you serious.... oh no... I just started playing xbox 360... I am really sorry I'm totally new at gaming stuff.

Biomedical-Fire
07-08-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't know about in the near future, but as of right now they don't offer any type of art book from any of the Collector's Editions on the ubiworkshop.com website. The only thing that they are offering is the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia from the Animus Edition, but the pre-ordering for that hasn't even opened up yet. I was told 2 years ago that they would be offering the premium content from the Collector's Editions, but haven't seen anything as of yet. It would be nice to be able to add the Master Assassin Ezio to my bookcase of collectibles or the Sam Fisher figurine that came with the European CE of Splinter Cell: Conviction and even to be able to get the Codex.

However, as long as Ubisoft continues to screw over the North American gamer when it comes to Collector's Editions, I'll continue to boycott their games and not purchase them any longer and just rent them from GameFly.

Dejan507
07-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Hello, I have a question regarding Gamestop's Edition.

When you preorder, I see on the site that there are no Credit Card requirements to fill up.
So is it true that when the game arrives, you pay then or what? Someone please help if you can.
That would be great, because my parents don't exactly want to use their credit card for preorder...

ShadowRage41
07-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I don't know about in the near future, but as of right now they don't offer any type of art book from any of the Collector's Editions on the ubiworkshop.com website. The only thing that they are offering is the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia from the Animus Edition, but the pre-ordering for that hasn't even opened up yet. I was told 2 years ago that they would be offering the premium content from the Collector's Editions, but haven't seen anything as of yet. It would be nice to be able to add the Master Assassin Ezio to my bookcase of collectibles or the Sam Fisher figurine that came with the European CE of Splinter Cell: Conviction and even to be able to get the Codex.

However, as long as Ubisoft continues to screw over the North American gamer when it comes to Collector's Editions, I'll continue to boycott their games and not purchase them any longer and just rent them from GameFly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I respect What you are saying. needless to say the thought has crossed my mind as well. lol

SleezeRocker
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dejan507:
Hello, I have a question regarding Gamestop's Edition.

When you preorder, I see on the site that there are no Credit Card requirements to fill up.
So is it true that when the game arrives, you pay then or what? Someone please help if you can.
That would be great, because my parents don't exactly want to use their credit card for preorder... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...are you preordering online? If so I cannot help you, but when you preorder in-person, you put down minimum of 5$. Then you either pay in full anytime or on launch date, or pay off bit by bit a week or however.

Now for online preorder...I would imagine you would HAVE to use credit card (or pay pal whatever that is) but...like I said before I never bought anything online so I wouldn't know

Black_Widow9
07-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Dejan507-
Like SleezeRocker said, if you don't want to use your parents credit card going into the store and putting down at least $5 will get you the Pre-Order. You must know that unless you meet the age requirement/ESRB rating you will not be allowed to purchase it.
If you purchase online you will also have to meet the requirement and enter a credit card number.
Hope that helps. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

ShadowRage41
07-08-2011, 05:48 PM
I was told 2 years ago that they would be offering the premium content from the Collector's Editions, but haven't seen anything as of yet. It would be nice to be able to add the Master Assassin Ezio to my bookcase of collectibles or the Sam Fisher figurine that came with the European CE of Splinter Cell: Conviction and even to be able to get the Codex.

However, as long as Ubisoft continues to screw over the North American gamer when it comes to Collector's Editions, I'll continue to boycott their games and not purchase them any longer and just rent them from GameFly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was not aware that this sort of behavior from Ubisoft spanned across additional games. just wow... However people have been raising cane about it throughout the net. echoing your sentiments. I have already purchased the game. G.S was suppose to call me if there was a LE and upgrade me to it. I expect this to happen again the next installment. and if it does count me in on your boycott of everything Ubisoft. I was shocked they would do that with a "Tom Clancy" game. just wow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Here is a link to someone making the exact same argument that you have made. you might find this of interest.
http://oxcgn.com/2011/06/11/ub...r-signature-edition/ (http://oxcgn.com/2011/06/11/ubisoft-giving-north-american-gamers-the-boot-again-with-acr-signature-edition/)

swinebros
07-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Needs Online and Offline Co-op. also offline multiplayer.

Safety and Peace

Biomedical-Fire
07-09-2011, 12:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:I was not aware that this sort of behavior from Ubisoft spanned across additional games. just wow... However people have been raising cane about it throughout the net. echoing your sentiments. I have already purchased the game. G.S was suppose to call me if there was a LE and upgrade me to it. I expect this to happen again the next installment. and if it does count me in on your boycott of everything Ubisoft. I was shocked they would do that with a "Tom Clancy" game. just wow. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Here is a link to someone making the exact same argument that you have made. you might find this of interest.
http://oxcgn.com/2011/06/11/ub...r-signature-edition/ (http://oxcgn.com/2011/06/11/ubisoft-giving-north-american-gamers-the-boot-again-with-acr-signature-edition/) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep, it spanned across multiple games or at least between Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. While our CE came with an art book, comic book, decals, a couple of in-game items, steelbook game case and a credit card sized USB card that had a 50/50 chance of working. Europe received a Sam Fisher statue, a steel book case, a Shadow Armor multiplayer skin, a copy of the game’s official soundtrack and early access to Infiltration Mode, the SC300, SR2 and MP5 weapons. With Conviction though, I was happy with what we got with the exception of the USB drive, I much rather of had the Sam Fisher statue.

But you know what really makes me mad about the whole thing is? I own stock in several gaming companies including Ubisoft, so in part, I am an owner in Ubi. So it sickens me as an owner and a gamer that Ubisoft has the audacity to give North American gamers the boot once again and it doesn't matter to them whether we own stock in the company or not. So this has prompted me to start going to stockholders meetings and give the brass at Ubisoft a piece of my mind and to stand up for the North American gamer!

ac3.no1
07-09-2011, 05:06 AM
Will the UK be able to buy it. I live in Scotland. Can some one give me a straight answer please.

Jexx21
07-09-2011, 01:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ac3.no1:
Will the UK be able to buy it. I live in Scotland. Can some one give me a straight answer please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The UK is part of Europe, regardless of what Shaun Hastings thinks. :P

Anyway, when will we get news for the Digital Deluxe edition for PC players? I really liked the way they handled Brotherhood for PC, they upgraded the textures and the UI looked more like it was made for the PC. The edition was also much better than the one for ACII for PC, and I hope that Revelations will carry in that style for the DD edition.

ARustyFirePlace
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
not gonna buy this game on launch, I'll wait a month and get it for 7 pounds, the price Brotherhood is right now.

crash3
07-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Im probably gonna wait a while until the price of ACR goes down a bit, I just hope that Ubisoft continues to release every single piece of extra content so that no one misses out on any missions. I hope the pre-order versions dont have any content that never gets released as dlc on psn, thankfully ubisoft hasnt done this yet so theyll probably continue as they have done which is good

Basically, please dont deprove us of any missions regardless of whether we have pre-ordered or not!

The Kasimkage
07-12-2011, 03:10 PM
It's a shame that there's so much diversity between the different editions, as I really wanted the Animus Edition as it appeared to have the most in-game stuff (I would convince my cousin to buy the Collectors Edition so that I could play with the real-life stuff) but the thing is that those aren't the only differences. I really want to use The Turkish Assassin's Armour (let's face it, The Armour of Brutus suck by aesthitic comparison) but only the Special Edition has that has it, along with my favourite multiplayer character, The Doctor, getting a Constantinople Revamp. Again, the Special Edition is the only version which has this and I don't like the Armour of Brutus or the Jester as anywhere near as much as the Turkish Assassin's Armour and The Doctor. Will there be a crossover between the Editions (like The Ottoman Doctor or The Turkish Armour being on both) or is it a case of making the incredibly difficult decision of having all of the cool stuff and giving up the stuff which would make this game perfect for me?

MPDEW
07-12-2011, 11:02 PM
A big hope for the ones in America (or around the world) who desperately want the encyclopedia :URL=http://store.ubiworkshop.com/products/Assassin%27s-Creed-Encyclopedia.html]Ubiworkshop - Encyclopedia (ship Worldwide)[/URL]

So by pre-ordering at Gamestop we get the free upgrade to the Signature edition which gives us praticaly everything the Animus version has except the Encyclopedia which can be bought at Ubiworkshop.com!

I still think that they should make a Special edition including the encyclopedia available for US and Canada. I put big hopes on an August reveal of a super US Animus version http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Biomedical-Fire
07-13-2011, 01:07 AM
Yes if people so choose can order the AC Encyclopedia on ubiworkshop.com, but if you think about it, by the time that you buy the game and the encyclopedia, N. Americans will probably end up paying the same as or more than the people in the EMEA. However, you get less than what's inside the Animus Edition and it won't come packaged in a nice collector's box.

Anaklusmos1995
07-14-2011, 09:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kakasim:
It's a shame that there's so much diversity between the different editions, as I really wanted the Animus Edition as it appeared to have the most in-game stuff (I would convince my cousin to buy the Collectors Edition so that I could play with the real-life stuff) but the thing is that those aren't the only differences. I really want to use The Turkish Assassin's Armour (let's face it, The Armour of Brutus suck by aesthitic comparison) but only the Special Edition has that has it, along with my favourite multiplayer character, The Doctor, getting a Constantinople Revamp. Again, the Special Edition is the only version which has this and I don't like the Armour of Brutus or the Jester as anywhere near as much as the Turkish Assassin's Armour and The Doctor. Will there be a crossover between the Editions (like The Ottoman Doctor or The Turkish Armour being on both) or is it a case of making the incredibly difficult decision of having all of the cool stuff and giving up the stuff which would make this game perfect for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I agree with you. The Editions include different extras that I'd love to have. For instance, the Turkish armor seems quite interesting, and, for real, who does like the armor of brutus ?

Puppet627
07-15-2011, 01:17 AM
So can the Ezio in Altair costume actually be used online?

CowPan
07-16-2011, 07:29 AM
On the Animus Edition, I live in the UK so I can get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
However, you Americans must remember what you guys get that Europeans don't. Most games get released in North America first before Europe, you get most of the cool competitions and gear from the company, and you guys get all the gaming conventions that give you first looks.
This is sort of a little gift or something for us Europeans :P

FiskMunk
07-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Is the PC-version developed alongside the console-versions this time around, since it too is advertised on the pictures? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the previous three PC-versions weren't, given the delays and somewhat poor optimizing)

reini03
07-16-2011, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FiskMunk:
Is the PC-version developed alongside the console-versions this time around, since it too is advertised on the pictures? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the previous three PC-versions weren't, given the delays and somewhat poor optimizing) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I think all versions have been developed at the same time, from AC1 to Brotherhood. The PC version, however, always ended up being delayed... for a long time :/

ShadowRage41
07-16-2011, 05:30 PM
Yes if people so choose can order the AC Encyclopedia on ubiworkshop.com, but if you think about it, by the time that you buy the game and the encyclopedia, N. Americans will probably end up paying the same as or more than the people in the EMEA. However, you get less than what's inside the Animus Edition and it won't come packaged in a nice collector's box. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because we north Americans lack a true LE and I dig LOTR. I just ordered The Lord of the Rings War in the North CE. now that CE is fat. and you will notice how they divided the exclusives to various retailers while leaving the core of the CE for everyone. They did it the right way. I do not mind forking the 130 for it. XD
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1180583p1.html

Spider-Abu
07-17-2011, 01:17 AM
Hey there AC fans!!! I literally LOVE this extraordinary series! I've played each game ATLEAST 3 times and am in my 4th playthrough of ACII on PS3 and AC1 on PC. I want to pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations, but I do not know for what system I should get it for. I want to get it for my PS3 because I want to buy the whole AC collection on my PS3, but with all the framerate loss issues and screen tearing and etc, the PS3 version is completely inferior to the 360 version sadly. :'( But I don't want to lose hope, and wish to buy it on my PS3, mainly because my friends will also be getting it on PS3, but at the moment I know I can max out the game on my PC, just ilke I did Brotherhood with no where near as bad performance as the PS3 version. I am really picky on framerate, and I can literally FEEL the change in fps, therefore I want to ask anyone here, Ubisoft mostly, if you can enlighten me on if the PS3 version will atleast be locked at 30fps with NO frameloss, because I really don't want to spend money on something that will irritate me while I could've got the better version. PLEASE Ubisoft or anyone help me decide which version to pre-order, the PS3 version or the PC version, as I really want to get this game ASAP!!! Assassin's Creed is my addiction just as Harry Potter is.
Thanks for your time, please reply. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FiskMunk
07-17-2011, 04:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MagnifyHope:
Oh, I think all versions have been developed at the same time, from AC1 to Brotherhood. The PC version, however, always ended up being delayed... for a long time :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right.

I'm even more confused now. How can a game be developed at the same time, for the same amount of time, and then be still be delayed for half a year-ish? And how come still nobody bothered to fix things such as better optimized controls and UI for mouse and keyboard? What about the aspect ratio?

Will this be the case for Revelations? Holy sh-shoopiedoopie I hope not...

Vicious1946
07-17-2011, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowPan:
On the Animus Edition, I live in the UK so I can get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
However, you Americans must remember what you guys get that Europeans don't. Most games get released in North America first before Europe, you get most of the cool competitions and gear from the company, and you guys get all the gaming conventions that give you first looks.
This is sort of a little gift or something for us Europeans :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are competitions and conventions any kind of reward when not even half of the gaming community in North America can even participate in them? And how is that comparable to discrimination? and what is this gear you speak of?

ShadowRage41
07-17-2011, 01:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CowPan:
This is sort of a little gift or something for us Europeans :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How are competitions and conventions any kind of reward when not even half of the gaming community in North America can even participate in them? And how is that comparable to discrimination? and what is this gear you speak of? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Snowblind studios is located in Kirkland Washington here in the United States. they seem to have hooked the Europeans up with a pretty cool LE for Lord of the Rings War in the North. They hooked those of us up "equally" in North America too.

Ubisoft could announce a LE for those of us here in North America sometime in August. That's what they did last year. However if the pattern of behavior continues, it will not be as elaborate as the European editions. that's just the norm for this company. And most of us who live in North America have begun to understand this. Heck Ray Charles can see it.

However alienating a huge portion of your fans with something as petty as this. Is not smart business.

I have already purchased the signature edition. for AC Revelations. and I just paid off the LE for Lord of the Rings. But you call it for what it is.. discrimination.

Spider-Abu
07-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Can someone please shed some light on my question I posted on my previous post. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I want to pre-order Assassin's Creed Revelations, but I do not know for what system I should get it for. I want to get it for my PS3 because I want to buy the whole AC collection on my PS3, but with all the framerate loss issues and screen tearing and etc, the PS3 version is completely inferior to the 360 version sadly. :'( But I don't want to lose hope, and wish to buy it on my PS3, mainly because my friends will also be getting it on PS3, but at the moment I know I can max out the game on my PC, just ilke I did Brotherhood with no where near as bad performance as the PS3 version. I am really picky on framerate, and I can literally FEEL the change in fps, therefore I want to ask anyone here, Ubisoft mostly, if you can enlighten me on if the PS3 version will atleast be locked at 30fps with NO frameloss, because I really don't want to spend money on something that will irritate me while I could've got the better version. PLEASE Ubisoft or anyone help me decide which version to pre-order, the PS3 version or the PC version, as I really want to get this game ASAP! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GrandAroc
07-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Does anyone know if we'll get the Ottoman Jester in America??? I sure hope so... The Harlequin was always my favorite MP Character...

Archosakun
07-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Any news on the Ottoman Doctor yet? I want to see a picture :/

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2011, 12:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:Well Snowblind studios is located in Kirkland Washington here in the United States. they seem to have hooked the Europeans up with a pretty cool LE for Lord of the Rings War in the North. They hooked those of us up "equally" in North America too.

Ubisoft could announce a LE for those of us here in North America sometime in August. That's what they did last year. However if the pattern of behavior continues, it will not be as elaborate as the European editions. that's just the norm for this company. And most of us who live in North America have begun to understand this. Heck Ray Charles can see it.

However alienating a huge portion of your fans with something as petty as this. Is not smart business.

I have already purchased the signature edition. for AC Revelations. and I just paid off the LE for Lord of the Rings. But you call it for what it is.. discrimination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I just paid off my Gears of War 3 Epic Edition in which Epic Games made equally for all markets.

It would be nice if Ubi does announce some sort of CE in August. I know what you mean by it not being as good as the EMEA's Animus Edition though. With Brotherhood, we got a child's toy, an art book, an extra's DVD, map of Rome and the two DLC's. EMEA's Codex Edition had better contents inside. The AC II Master Assassin's Edition was just the White Edition packaged in a tin box and with the GameStop pre-order bonus mission included.

ShadowRage41
07-18-2011, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:Well Snowblind studios is located in Kirkland Washington here in the United States. they seem to have hooked the Europeans up with a pretty cool LE for Lord of the Rings War in the North. They hooked those of us up "equally" in North America too.

I have already purchased the signature edition. for AC Revelations. and I just paid off the LE for Lord of the Rings. But you call it for what it is.. discrimination. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I just paid off my Gears of War 3 Epic Edition in which Epic Games made equally for all markets.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good game and equally killer LE. That was a very good choice.

reini03
07-18-2011, 06:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archosakun:
Any news on the Ottoman Doctor yet? I want to see a picture :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somebody posted one on the AC Wiki. Dunno where it's from though :P
http://images2.wikia.nocookie....47/OttomanDoctor.jpg (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110717145650/assassinscreed/images/4/47/OttomanDoctor.jpg)

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2011, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:Good game and equally killer LE. That was a very good choice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't buy the first Gears when it came out, but I borrowed it from my brother and I was immediately hooked. I'm hoping that Bethesda will be announcing an CE for Skyrim soon. With two great games like this coming out, I really don't care now that I'm not getting Revelations unless Ubi comes out with something better than the Signature Edition.

You know it's funny how everyone defends Ubi by saying; "Well, they are an European company, so that is why the EMEA gets the better Collector's Editions". While I agree that they're European, but I see North American companies release the same CE's for all markets. So, being an European company is no excuse for not giving all markets the same opportunity to purchase the same CE's.

Vicious1946
07-18-2011, 08:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:

Anyway I got ps3 so, PS3 beta all the way! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're wrong, the original Assassin's creed was an Xbox 360 exclusive which was ported to the PS3.

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2011, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946:

You're wrong, the original Assassin's creed was an Xbox 360 exclusive which was ported to the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it started out as an PS3 exclusive, but then Ubisoft decided to make it multi-platform. Now the MP beta was only for the PS3 and not the 360. Why the 360 didn't get an MP beta, is anyone's guess.

Spider-Abu
07-18-2011, 09:14 AM
can anyone please answer my question?? or should I create my own topic about it..? :S

Deathgrim666
07-18-2011, 10:12 AM

You're wrong, the original Assassin's creed was an Xbox 360 exclusive which was ported to the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it started out as an PS3 exclusive, but then Ubisoft decided to make it multi-platform. Now the MP beta was only for the PS3 and not the 360. Why the 360 didn't get an MP beta, is anyone's guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see where you're getting this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main platform was ps3. Ps3 got a beta and side missions because sony payed extra.

Deathgrim666
07-18-2011, 10:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:

You're wrong, the original Assassin's creed was an Xbox 360 exclusive which was ported to the PS3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it started out as an PS3 exclusive, but then Ubisoft decided to make it multi-platform. Now the MP beta was only for the PS3 and not the 360. Why the 360 didn't get an MP beta, is anyone's guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would like to see where you're getting this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The main platform was ps3. Ps3 got a beta and side missions because sony payed extra. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just because they paid more doesn't make the PS3 the main platform, it just means they were willing to shell out the extra money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant to say the lead platform my bad.

Vicious1946
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
[/QUOTE]I meant to say the lead platform my bad.[/QUOTE]

I still would like to see where you are getting that it was originally intended as a PS3 exclusive.

Mr_Shade
07-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Can you please watch the quote trains?

A few replies fill a page other wise...

Simply edit out old replies..

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2011, 01:28 PM
Shadow, the one thing that I didn't like about when Ubi finally released the 3 extra maps on Xbox Marketplace from AC II, you could only buy two of the three separately. Only Santa Maria Dei Frari and Palazzo De Medici you could purchase separately, but if you wanted the Arsenal Shipyard DLC from the Black Edition, you had to purchase all 3. So those who bought the Master Assassin Edition had to repurchase Santa Maria and Palazzo Medici to play the Arsenal Shipyard DLC.

celessie
07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Just came across this when looking at my pre-orders for Play.com and haven't seen anybody else posting it. It seems we get the Altair skin for singleplayer for pre-ordering.

Play.com EUR Collectors Edition (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20251838/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=revelations&urlrefer=search)

Not as good as the multiplayer skin that Australia gets, but its still Altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: It comes as a bonus with regular editions too. Not just the Collector's Edition

Vicious1946
07-18-2011, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by curiousleonhart:
Just came across this when looking at my pre-orders for Play.com and haven't seen anybody else posting it. It seems we get the Altair skin for singleplayer for pre-ordering.

Play.com EUR Collectors Edition (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20251838/Assassin-Creed-Revelations-Collector-Edition/Product.html?searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=revelations&urlrefer=search)

Not as good as the multiplayer skin that Australia gets, but its still Altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh well how nice for you.

ShadowRage41
07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
@Bio I understand that all too well. I stewed about that for a good while. and I kept saying... next time they will get it right... (Yeah next time.) Heck the series will be over before that happens. XD

Maybe in August they will announce a North American collectors edition. we can only hope they will. Regardless I have LOTR War in the North CE. Which is just killer. And like you said hopefully Skyrim will have a CE.

Lot's of games being released in Nov. LOTR War in the North was backed up to Nov along with Skyrim and a host of other blockbuster titles. Hopefully Ubi will do the right thing... Time will tell.

Mad_Fox84
07-18-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm torn between the animus and collectors Editions. What do you think? The encyclopedia or the artbook? I can't decide, which one to preorder.
I know the encyclopedia will be available to buy seperately, but what do you think it will cost?

ShadowRage41
07-18-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm torn between the animus and collectors Editions. What do you think? The encyclopedia or the artbook? I can't decide, which one to preorder.
I know the encyclopedia will be available to buy seperately, but what do you think it will cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the Ubiworkshop site, they are taking pre-orders for it now.

Vicious1946
07-18-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not gettin this game unless they at least announce a collectors edition for North America, this is just BS.

Biomedical-Fire
07-18-2011, 11:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
@Bio I understand that all too well. I stewed about that for a good while. and I kept saying... next time they will get it right... (Yeah next time.) Heck the series will be over before that happens. XD

Maybe in August they will announce a North American collectors edition. we can only hope they will. Regardless I have LOTR War in the North CE. Which is just killer. And like you said hopefully Skyrim will have a CE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I bought the Master Assassin Edition and there was no way in heck that I was going to repurchase Santa Maria and Palazzo Medici just to play the Arsenal Shipyard. Fingers crossed Ubi will announce a true CE for Revelations and I'm sure that Bethesda will do an CE for Skyrim, they usually do.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:Go to the Ubiworkshop site, they are taking pre-orders for it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm surprised that it's only $34.95 USD, $29.95 with $5 off if you pre-order before September. However, I don't think that I like the idea of having a Black and White Edition of each. That White Edition on ubiworkshop.com will show the dirt and/or dirty fingerprints and according to Chris Lewis at UbiWorkshop, the White Edition will have more content than what's in the Black Edition other than the "Carte Blanche" section.

This is what Chris posted: "The Ubiworskhop Edition will contain more than the Animus Edition, for example the cartes blanches".

So since the White Edition will contain more than the Black Edition and even though I'm not getting Revelations, I'm getting the White Edition encyclopedia.

ShadowRage41
07-19-2011, 07:37 AM
@Bio Yeah I like the white encyclopedia too. the shipping rates are pretty high, but probably worth it for someone like us who is a fan of the series. I bought the hardback collectors strategy guide for Brotherhood. Though I never really used it, I just thumbed through it and read all the codex type entrees. Concerning a North American LE... Time will tell. But I see no laudable reason why they shouldn't offer north America a nice LE.

@ Vicious... Everyone has a different level of tolerance I understand how you feel, If I had not already paid off the signature edition. I would be right there with you. if it happens next year. I will not purchase the next game. In fact When the game comes up for pre-order. I will not pay the normal edition off with instructions to upgrade me to the LE when it is announced, I will just wait and see if there is an LE for North America.. If not? I will pass all together. I really wish I had handled things that way for Revelations. Next time I will not make the same mistake. you know. Fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me. XD... If you have had enough of being snubbed. you have had enough. I suppose the game could survive minus the North American market.

Mad_Fox84
07-19-2011, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShadowRage41:
I know the encyclopedia will be available to buy seperately, but what do you think it will cost? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to the Ubiworkshop site, they are taking pre-orders for it now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Isn't it available in the European store? If it gets shipped from the US. Shipping and customs would be expensive.

ShadowRage41
07-19-2011, 05:58 PM
[/QUOTE]
Why's it in $? I thought Ubisoft were European.[/QUOTE]

Dude I doubt very seriously it is coming from a United States Retailer. but who knows? From our end because of the lack of tariffs IE the shipping in the States on Imports is minimal. I have no idea what your countries tariffs are. but I can imagine it could be expensive. No idea why it's in USD.

Biomedical-Fire
07-20-2011, 12:49 AM
As far as I know, Ubiworkshop is selling the AC Encyclopedia and they're in Canada, located within the Ubisoft Montreal Studio among the development teams. Does it give you the option to choose your currency?

reini03
07-20-2011, 05:36 AM
As far as I know, Ubiworkshop is selling the AC Encyclopedia and they're in Canada, located within the Ubisoft Montreal Studio among the development teams. Does it give you the option to choose your currency? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, UbiWorkshop is directly in the Ubisoft Montreal studio. But strangely, there's no option to change the currency. It actually says "Choose a currency below to display product prices in the selected currency", however, the only option is US Dollars. Maybe it shows Euros/Pounds/Whatever after logging in or typing in the country...

MelodicRock
07-20-2011, 07:41 AM
I added the encyclopedia to the basket, went to the shopping basket, selected a country and got an estimate for shipping costs... apparently the shipping costs to Western Europe are at least $40 (on top of the $29.95 for the encyclopedia itself)! No thanks, I'll pass. I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper on Ebay a few months after it's out...

Biomedical-Fire
07-20-2011, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MelodicRock:
I added the encyclopedia to the basket, went to the shopping basket, selected a country and got an estimate for shipping costs... apparently the shipping costs to Western Europe are at least $40 (on top of the $29.95 for the encyclopedia itself)! No thanks, I'll pass. I'm sure it will be a lot cheaper on Ebay a few months after it's out... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ouch, that's steep but it's not any cheaper shipping to the U.S. either. We have to pay close to $20USD shipping for the AC Encyclopedia too.

dchil279
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Is the animated short film in the signature edition AC: Embers?

Ripe Claw
07-20-2011, 10:31 PM
I did the pre order thing at gamestop when this first came up. Any update on which edition this actually is? I want to get all 3 multiplayer characters and need to know where to pre order from. I already have 2 pre ordered at gamestop, I need to know if I need to cancel one of them and pre order somewhere else.

jbahr11
07-20-2011, 11:04 PM
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why's it in $? I thought Ubisoft were European.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft is a European company based in France, but its largest studio is in Montreal, Canada which uses $, and it is the Montreal Studio that is in charge of the Assassin's Creed Franchise

Vicious1946
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
I did the pre order thing at gamestop when this first came up. Any update on which edition this actually is? I want to get all 3 multiplayer characters and need to know where to pre order from. I already have 2 pre ordered at gamestop, I need to know if I need to cancel one of them and pre order somewhere else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As of yet if you live in North America then you're SOL in terms of getting all of the multiplayer characters.

Ripe Claw
07-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks. That is pretty lame. I keep trying to find out which character game stop is giving, but all the descriptions just say "a multiplayer character" I guess I will need to buy one at Best Buy, and 1 at Gamestop to at least get 2 different characters then.

Vicious1946
07-21-2011, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ripe.Claw:
Thanks. That is pretty lame. I keep trying to find out which character game stop is giving, but all the descriptions just say "a multiplayer character" I guess I will need to buy one at Best Buy, and 1 at Gamestop to at least get 2 different characters then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one you can get is the crusader,I think you can get the animus edition but the price isn't worth paying if you just want MP characters.

ShadowRage41
07-21-2011, 08:10 AM
I was kind of hoping for the Ottoman Jester multi-player skin. because we only get one skin, I had hopes it would at least be a good one. Ah well.. guess that's how the cookie crumbles. It get's harder and harder for me to get excited about this game now.

Vicious1946
07-21-2011, 10:41 AM
I was kind of hoping for the Ottoman Jester multi-player skin. because we only get one skin, I had hopes it would at least be a good one. Ah well.. guess that's how the cookie crumbles. It get's harder and harder for me to get excited about this game now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if that makes you mad, we also don't get the Turkish assassin armor, Ottoman Doctor and an Altiar skin and maybe even more. (A nice little slap in the face wouldn't you say?)

Biomedical-Fire
07-21-2011, 04:35 PM
This is exactly why that I'm passing on this game, I'm tired of not getting the same treatment as other countries when It comes to Ubisoft and their games. Of course EA is guilty of this as well, not just Ubisoft, because it was EA that started this "Signature Edition" fiasco. Hopefully Ubisoft won't do the same thing with AC III, but I have a feeling that they will.

ShadowRage41
07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I was kind of hoping for the Ottoman Jester multi-player skin. because we only get one skin, I had hopes it would at least be a good one. Ah well.. guess that's how the cookie crumbles. It get's harder and harder for me to get excited about this game now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if that makes you mad, we also don't get the Turkish assassin armor, Ottoman Doctor and an Altiar skin and maybe even more. (A nice little slap in the face wouldn't you say?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misread me, I am not angry about it at all. the word I would use is disgusted.

@Bio concerning EA. At least they deal it equally. I was not fond of the DA II signature edition. but to the best of my knowledge it was dealt out equally to everyone.

I mean if you collect this sort of stuff you cannot help but feel somewhat disappointed by the signature edition. And gamestop was billing it like it was some special upgrade if you were a frequent buyer.lol. Honestly there is nothing unique about the edition. sadly not even the multi-player skin. heck man they could have at least hooked us up with a cool multi skin. lol

Vicious1946
07-21-2011, 07:19 PM

Well if that makes you mad, we also don't get the Turkish assassin armor, Ottoman Doctor and an Altiar skin and maybe even more. (A nice little slap in the face wouldn't you say?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You misread me, I am not angry about it at all. the word I would use is disgusted.

@Bio concerning EA. At least they deal it equally. I was not fond of the DA II signature edition. but to the best of my knowledge it was dealt out equally to everyone.

I mean if you collect this sort of stuff you cannot help but feel somewhat disappointed by the signature edition. And gamestop was billing it like it was some special upgrade if you were a frequent buyer.lol. Honestly there is nothing unique about the edition. sadly not even the multi-player skin. heck man they could have at least hooked us up with a cool multi skin. lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't misread you, I can't think of the word for what I was doing right now but I didn't mean that you were actually angry.

MelodicRock
07-22-2011, 02:42 AM
This is exactly why that I'm passing on this game, I'm tired of not getting the same treatment as other countries when It comes to Ubisoft and their games. Of course EA is guilty of this as well, not just Ubisoft, because it was EA that started this "Signature Edition" fiasco. Hopefully Ubisoft won't do the same thing with AC III, but I have a feeling that they will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem is, that apparently too few people in the US would be willing to *really* get an equal treatment and actually pay what people in Europe have to pay for these editions. Have a look at the PC versions:

Special Edition - priced between €30 (Ireland) and €50 (Germany,Netherlands) - ie. $43-$72.
Collectors Edition - priced between €50 (Play.com) and €60 (Germany,Netherlands) ie. $72-$86
Animus Edition - priced between €80 (Ireland,Ubishop) and €100 (Netherlands) - ie. $115-$144.

Consider this: how many people in the US would actually be prepared to pay $115 or more for the animus edition (PC edition, Xbox/PS3 would be even more expensive)? Apparently Ubisoft doesn't expect to sell it enough to warrant publishing that edition... and those who *really* want that edition, can always order it in Europe and just take the extra international shipping costs for granted...

ShadowRage41
07-22-2011, 07:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MelodicRock:
This is exactly why that I'm passing on this game, I'm tired of not getting the same treatment as other countries when It comes to Ubisoft and their games. Of course EA is guilty of this as well, not just Ubisoft, because it was EA that started this "Signature Edition" fiasco. Hopefully Ubisoft won't do the same thing with AC III, but I have a feeling that they will. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the problem is, that apparently too few people in the US would be willing to *really* get an equal treatment and actually pay what people in Europe have to pay for these editions. Have a look at the PC versions:

Special Edition - priced between €30 (Ireland) and €50 (Germany,Netherlands) - ie. $43-$72.
Collectors Edition - priced between €50 (Play.com) and €60 (Germany,Netherlands) ie. $72-$86
Animus Edition - priced between €80 (Ireland,Ubishop) and €100 (Netherlands) - ie. $115-$144.

Consider this: how many people in the US would actually be prepared to pay $115 or more for the animus edition (PC edition, Xbox/PS3 would be even more expensive)? Apparently Ubisoft doesn't expect to sell it enough to warrant publishing that edition... and those who *really* want that edition, can always order it in Europe and just take the extra international shipping costs for granted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

snowblind nor Bioware seem overly concerned about the United States willingness to purchase expensive LE's. considering the Old Republic is is approx $230, and the Lord of the Rings war in the North is $130.00 and both are offered in North America. I attended the midnight release of Arkham Asylum @gamestop, and the many of the people were picking up the LE which was about $110. The same was true for AC II and AC Brotherhood.

If people really like the product they are willing to pay. review how the Halo CE's have done in the U.S. and I would not say they are under priced by any stretch of the imagination.

Besides Bio lives in Canada http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif So it's not just the United states that is getting the shaft... It's ALL of North America

Biomedical-Fire
07-22-2011, 08:29 AM

Consider this: how many people in the US would actually be prepared to pay $115 or more for the animus edition (PC edition, Xbox/PS3 would be even more expensive)? Apparently Ubisoft doesn't expect to sell it enough to warrant publishing that edition... and those who *really* want that edition, can always order it in Europe and just take the extra international shipping costs for granted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> However only those with an PS3 can really import those games because their games not being region coded. So it sucks for those who have an XBox 360 that is region locked. There are plenty of gamers in North America that would spend that kind of money for a Collector's Edition. I'm sure that if Ubisoft brought the Collector's Edition here to North America there would be a lot of people that would buy it because of all the DLC that is included with it. I'd be willing to buy the CE then buy the White Edition Encyclopedia to go with it since it has more content in it than the Black Edition. And like Shadow said, it's all of N.A. getting the shaft by Ubisoft, not just the U.S..

Vicious1946
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM

Consider this: how many people in the US would actually be prepared to pay $115 or more for the animus edition (PC edition, Xbox/PS3 would be even more expensive)? Apparently Ubisoft doesn't expect to sell it enough to warrant publishing that edition... and those who *really* want that edition, can always order it in Europe and just take the extra international shipping costs for granted... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how much exactly is it that you think we pay for these games?

Mad_Fox84
07-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Hmm I dunno whether to get this on the PS3 or the xbox 360. I got assassins Creed 2 on the xbox 360 but got AC Brotherhood on the ps3 because of the exclusive content and the multiplayer beta. Would there be much of a difference between versions this time? Could there be any additional exclusive content revealed at a later date? Hmm Thoughts?

Vicious1946
07-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Hmm I dunno whether to get this on the PS3 or the xbox 360. I got assassins Creed 2 on the xbox 360 but got AC Brotherhood on the ps3 because of the exclusive content and the multiplayer beta. Would there be much of a difference between versions this time? Could there be any additional exclusive content revealed at a later date? Hmm Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's nothing we could tell you that you don't already know yourself.

sandmansaul
07-23-2011, 09:27 PM
so is the animus edition the pre-order at gamestop or do you have to get it seprate in the usa

Biomedical-Fire
07-23-2011, 09:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sandmansaul:
so is the animus edition the pre-order at gamestop or do you have to get it seprate in the usa </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Animus Edition is only available in Europe, UK and Australia. You can only get the Signature Edition here in the U.S. and Canada. We're not cool enough to receive any type of Collector's Edition.

Vicious1946
07-23-2011, 10:50 PM
[/QUOTE]The Animus Edition is only available in Europe, UK and Australia. You can only get the Signature Edition here in the U.S. and Canada. We're not cool enough to receive any type of Collector's Edition.[/QUOTE]
It's like the cool kids club an we aren't good enough to join, self righteous ethnocentrics.

Biomedical-Fire
07-24-2011, 12:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946: It's like the cool kids club an we aren't good enough to join, self righteous ethnocentrics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd even be happy if they just gave us everything that comes in the Animus Edition (DLC wise) packaged in a steelbook case with a decent slipcover!

Vicious1946
07-24-2011, 01:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946: It's like the cool kids club an we aren't good enough to join, self righteous ethnocentrics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'd even be happy if they just gave us everything that comes in the Animus Edition (DLC wise) packaged in a steelbook case with a decent slipcover! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, that's all that matters to me anyway.

Biomedical-Fire
07-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Exactly, sort of like what Bioware done with the Dragon Age: Origins CE. A lot of cool DLC content, a cloth map, a Bonus Content DVD, a steelbook case in an awesome looking slipcover. Oh, I almost forgot, then what Ubi could do, is give us the art book just for pre-ordering Revelations just like they did when you pre-ordered the first Assassin's Creed CE.

Heck, Ubisoft could package all that along with the White Edition Encyclopedia and call it: Assassin's Creed: Revelations White Edition.

LynMai
07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
Hey all, I'm new here and I needed to ask a question. I want to buy the Collector's edition for my little cousin from Europe but are those playable in any PS3? We're in the US.

Thanks!

SleezeRocker
07-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll probably get the AC Encyclopedia when it hits amazon :P

Dag_B
07-24-2011, 07:16 PM
I am still not sure which version I will get.
As european I can buy the animus version which is pretty cool and because of the shipping costs is the best way to get the enzyclopedia which I would really like to have.

But on the other hand I hate it that I will not only get not all DLC that exists (turkish armor and the doc) but also the enzyclopedia will miss a few things (as it sounds like the carte blanches aren't the only difference? ).
And I hate it that I have to preorder at gamestop (no credit card for ubishop) as I do not really like that shop... ^^

This is so messed up this time, last time I got my codex or black edition and got all I could get from the versions at the release... ._.

I though about just buying the standard version and stop thinking about what I will missing with version A that version B will have when I order it at shop X in country Y...

ShadowRage41
07-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Exactly, sort of like what Bioware done with the Dragon Age: Origins CE. A lot of cool DLC content, a cloth map, a Bonus Content DVD, a steelbook case in an awesome looking slipcover. Oh, I almost forgot, then what Ubi could do, is give us the art book just for pre-ordering Revelations just like they did when you pre-ordered the first Assassin's Creed CE.

Heck, Ubisoft could package all that along with the White Edition Encyclopedia and call it: Assassin's Creed: Revelations White Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be nice, however I doubt that will happen since it is being offered at the Ubiworkshop. I was really looking forward to the Vlad dungeon as well as using the Ottoman Jester in multi. Doubt our version has either one. damn the signature edition. lol

Well at least Batman Arkham city is offering us a LE. XDhttp://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/batmanarkhamcityce.jpg

Biomedical-Fire
07-25-2011, 07:36 AM
I think that the extra mission in the Signature Edition is the Vlad the Impaler dungeon. Also I believe that the Crusader is the multi-player skin.

Yes, the Batman CE is looking awesome, Ubisoft should take note and see that good CE's do sell well in North America.

ShadowRage41
07-25-2011, 08:05 AM
I think that the extra mission in the Signature Edition is the Vlad the Impaler dungeon. Also I believe that the Crusader is the multi-player skin.

Yes, the Batman CE is looking awesome, Ubisoft should take note and see that good CE's do sell well in North America. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad to hear the Vlad dungeon is going to be in it, The Crusader is lame though. agreed concerning the Batman LE. you would think Ubisoft would realize those of us in North America like them too and are willing to shell out cash for them. here is another one. Lord of The Rings war in the North

The North American Version
http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Lord-of-the-Rings-War-in-the-North-Collectors-Edition-Xbox-360-280x375.jpg

http://raidingparty.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/ceBox_lrg.jpg

Biomedical-Fire
07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
That Lord of the Rings CE actually has 5 different variations for different retailers? They have the same content, just that they will have different class packs. Wal-Mart will have the Dwarven Pack, GameStop the Human Pack and Best Buy will have the Elven Pack and I forget who gets the others.

Davidnes
07-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Is the best buy edition going to be available in Canada as well? and is it going to be as good as the Animus Edition?

Vicious1946
07-25-2011, 12:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davidnes:
Is the best buy edition going to be available in Canada as well? and is it going to be as good as the Animus Edition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In short, I guess if you have a gamestop in Canada and no it won't be as good.

Lonnie_Jackson
07-25-2011, 02:08 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285586_2087802768322_1642777136_2074643_3443574_n. jpg

What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it?

Sapientae
07-25-2011, 02:35 PM
wtf.... why does the U.S. get shafted every time? I don't understand this. One of the largest game markets (if not the largest) in the world, and we don't even get an option to order the higher end special editions?!?! I love the game and obviously will buy, but I'm not pre-ordering unless I see an Animus or Templar edition with all the bells and whistles show up. This is really un-cool for the U.S. fans of the franchise.

Daxton1
07-25-2011, 02:41 PM
So is there or is there not going to be a CE for N.Americans? It seems unfair to the customers to only allow certain regions the opportunity to get one and ignore other regions completely.

Vicious1946
07-25-2011, 03:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Daxton1:
So is there or is there not going to be a CE for N.Americans? It seems unfair to the customers to only allow certain regions the opportunity to get one and ignore other regions completely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Until further notice, no.

ShadowRage41
07-25-2011, 05:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair25:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/285586_2087802768322_1642777136_2074643_3443574_n. jpg

What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's pretty sweet... Wish it was for the North America I would order it today. XD

@Bio&gt; Yeah, you are exactly on the mark concerning the LOTR War in the North LE's coming with differing map/ character dlc's. But overall they did a bang up job hooking everyone up who was interested. Europe got that Huge Snow troll figurine. along with the other stuff included in the North American version.

Biomedical-Fire
07-25-2011, 08:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair25:

What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh my God! Ubisoft is really pouring the salt into the wounds of North Americans every single chance they get! As we continually get screwed over, everyone in the EMEA gets everything handed to them on a silver platter. I'm really losing faith in this company by the minute. I bet the Europeans are really loving this, they get another CE...I hear their laughter as I sit here and write this.

Vicious1946
07-25-2011, 08:48 PM

What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh my God! Ubisoft is really pouring the salt into the wounds of North Americans every single chance they get! As we continually get screwed over, everyone in the EMEA gets everything handed to them on a silver platter. I'm really losing faith in this company by the minute. I bet the Europeans are really loving this, they get another CE...I hear their laughter as I sit here and write this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, if they keep this up I wouldn't be surprised if every copy of the game they release in North America just shows a picture of the entire company giving us the finger.

ShadowRage41
07-25-2011, 09:15 PM

What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh my God! Ubisoft is really pouring the salt into the wounds of North Americans every single chance they get! As we continually get screwed over, everyone in the EMEA gets everything handed to them on a silver platter. I'm really losing faith in this company by the minute. I bet the Europeans are really loving this, they get another CE...I hear their laughter as I sit here and write this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, if they keep this up I wouldn't be surprised if every copy of the game they release in North America just shows a picture of the entire company giving us the finger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last year they announced our LE in August, so maybe they will do so again... we can only hope. Time will tell. I am hoping they do the right thing. I have hope.

Biomedical-Fire
07-25-2011, 09:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946: Yeah, if they keep this up I wouldn't be surprised if every copy of the game they release in North America just shows a picture of the entire company giving us the finger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I can see it now...Assassin's Creed III: The Signature Bird Edition. It comes with the game disk, an extra's DVD with Ubisoft employees describing how they loved screwing over the U.S. and Canada while uncontrollably laughing, and a picture of the Guillemot brother's standing alongside the employees flipping us the bird with huge smiles on their faces.

ShadowRage41
07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vicious1946: Yeah, if they keep this up I wouldn't be surprised if every copy of the game they release in North America just shows a picture of the entire company giving us the finger. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I can see it now...Assassin's Creed III: The Signature Bird Edition. It comes with the game disk, an extra's DVD with Ubisoft employees describing how they loved screwing over the U.S. and Canada while uncontrollably laughing, and a picture of the Guillemot brother's standing alongside the employees flipping us the bird with huge smiles on their faces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO! Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. Let's hope not. or maybe we will have a AC Revelations Boston tea party. lol.. With signature editions floating all over the harbor. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MelodicRock
07-26-2011, 07:46 AM
What...Another cool statue that I most likely will not see? Anyone know where this is from or how to get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apart from a few mentions (and the image) in a few Italian threads, I can't find anything about this edition anywhere. It appears that there are presently no shops that sell it. Maybe this image was fan-made, or this edition was already cancelled?

The action figure itself *does* apparently exist, though... as you can see in this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waKc2LaHdEQ) from San Diego Comic-Con. According to that video, the ebony version is a Gamestop exclusive... so maybe this time, the US are the lucky ones and the rest of the world is out of luck?
(see also this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4491099739))

[Edit] I browsed through the Italian thread, and apparently this is a custom shop edition. If you buy the official collector's edition from Open Games in Carbonia, Italy (for € 99.99), they give you the ezio action figure with it. So it's just a promotional action from that Open Games shop, this has nothing to do with Ubisoft.

Mr_Shade
07-26-2011, 11:18 AM

[Edit] I browsed through the Italian thread, and apparently this is a custom shop edition. If you buy the official collector's edition from Open Games in Carbonia, Italy (for € 99.99), they give you the ezio action figure with it. So it's just a promotional action from that Open Games shop, this has nothing to do with Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just to confirm..

This editon is not from Ubisoft - so if you do want it you will need to contact that store http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

ShadowRage41
07-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Apart from a few mentions (and the image) in a few Italian threads, I can't find anything about this edition anywhere. It appears that there are presently no shops that sell it. Maybe this image was fan-made, or this edition was already cancelled?

The action figure itself *does* apparently exist, though... as you can see in this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waKc2LaHdEQ) from San Diego Comic-Con. According to that video, the ebony version is a Gamestop exclusive... so maybe this time, the US are the lucky ones and the rest of the world is out of luck?
(see also this thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/4491099739))

[Edit] I browsed through the Italian thread, and apparently this is a custom shop edition. If you buy the official collector's edition from Open Games in Carbonia, Italy (for € 99.99), they give you the ezio action figure with it. So it's just a promotional action from that Open Games shop, this has nothing to do with Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regardless that's cool they decided to add the figure as a promotional. That really made that edition exceptional. If I lived in Italy I would buy it. because of x box regional coding I am out of luck where I live.

Biomedical-Fire
07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

[Edit] I browsed through the Italian thread, and apparently this is a custom shop edition. If you buy the official collector's edition from Open Games in Carbonia, Italy (for € 99.99), they give you the ezio action figure with it. So it's just a promotional action from that Open Games shop, this has nothing to do with Ubisoft. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Just to confirm..

This editon is not from Ubisoft - so if you do want it you will need to contact that store http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Then my apologies on this one. It's just that it's a hard pill to swallow knowing that we in North America are being left behind without a proper CE for Revelations. I took it in stride with the ACII Master Assassin Edition, though I wish that we got the Black Edition instead. Then I thought that maybe Ubisoft would make up for it by giving us a cool CE for Brotherhood, but when I seen the Codex Edition that Europe received compared to our CE that contained a child's plaything that is when I began to lose faith. And now with Revelations all we get is an EA inspired Signature Edition and no true CE like the Animus and Collector's Editions, I completely lost faith in Ubisoft to ever give North America the same treatment as the EMEA. I'm almost afraid to see what we'll get with ACIII because we'll probably get nothing this time around and Europe will get something cool. I think that I'll have to get a DVD-ROM for my computer that will play PAL games and buy the PC Codex Edition and the Revelations Collector's Edition.

Bobfish_Almight
07-27-2011, 12:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:

This editon is not from Ubisoft - so if you do want it you will need to contact that store http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Then my apologies on this one. It's just that it's a hard pill to swallow knowing that we in North America are being left behind without a proper CE for Revelations. I took it in stride with the ACII Master Assassin Edition, though I wish that we got the Black Edition instead. Then I thought that maybe Ubisoft would make up for it by giving us a cool CE for Brotherhood, but when I seen the Codex Edition that Europe received compared to our CE that contained a child's plaything that is when I began to lose faith. And now with Revelations all we get is an EA inspired Signature Edition and no true CE like the Animus and Collector's Editions, I completely lost faith in Ubisoft to ever give North America the same treatment as the EMEA. I'm almost afraid to see what we'll get with ACIII because we'll probably get nothing this time around and Europe will get something cool. I think that I'll have to get a DVD-ROM for my computer that will play PAL games and buy the PC Codex Edition and the Revelations Collector's Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Playstation 3 is also region zero. And you could always import a European X-Box 360 (probably the cheapest option). But, for what you get, a decent PC is the most logical choice. It's saved me many a headache with American only software

ShadowRage41
07-27-2011, 05:54 AM

This editon is not from Ubisoft - so if you do want it you will need to contact that store http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Then my apologies on this one. It's just that it's a hard pill to swallow knowing that we in North America are being left behind without a proper CE for Revelations. I took it in stride with the ACII Master Assassin Edition, though I wish that we got the Black Edition instead. Then I thought that maybe Ubisoft would make up for it by giving us a cool CE for Brotherhood, but when I seen the Codex Edition that Europe received compared to our CE that contained a child's plaything that is when I began to lose faith. And now with Revelations all we get is an EA inspired Signature Edition and no true CE like the Animus and Collector's Editions, I completely lost faith in Ubisoft to ever give North America the same treatment as the EMEA. I'm almost afraid to see what we'll get with ACIII because we'll probably get nothing this time around and Europe will get something cool. I think that I'll have to get a DVD-ROM for my computer that will play PAL games and buy the PC Codex Edition and the Revelations Collector's Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really having to go to an extreme to play the version of a game you want. when really that company should being trying to accommodate all their consumers.

I feel like if they are unwilling to give North America a LE or something I would be interested in, I will choose to opt out of purchasing any future installments.

At some point you have to say enough is enough. There are plenty of good game companies making Exceptional games who treat all their fans equally. I have issues about rewarding and supporting a game company that behaves this arrogantly. We have received no explanation as to why?

And my advice to the Europeans is? if there is a game company doing this to you? Do not buy their product or support them in any fashion.

Support the corporations that do things correctly. reward them instead.

I did the same thing to my local NFL team. they had a millionaires vs billionaires lockout argument. and so I chose not to purchase my NFL ticket on DTV this year. instead I have attended 25 MLB Texas Rangers home games. The NFL finally worked through their issues and ended the lockout. But I no longer care, I am over it. I am just about there with Ubisoft.

Assassin's Creed has been my favorite series. But I can... and I am willing to live without it. That is my last post concerning this matter. Either they will figure it out and release a CE for North America. or I am done with playing ALL their games. I know it does not matter to them. Just a drop in the bucket.

Grazel69
07-27-2011, 11:07 AM
I'll probably buy the normal edition
knowing ubisoft they'll have a DLC a few months after release where you can get all that stuff and I don't want to pay even more than people who didn't buy collector's edition like what happened in ACB

Mr_Shade
07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
I think that I'll have to get a DVD-ROM for my computer that will play PAL games and buy the PC Codex Edition and the Revelations Collector's Edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>PC games are all region free - you do not need a region coded drive?

You just need to import the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DVD's are different from games, and they are region locked.

Biomedical-Fire
07-27-2011, 12:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade: PC games are all region free - you do not need a region coded drive?

You just need to import the game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

DVD's are different from games, and they are region locked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In order to play the Lineage DVD that comes with the Codex Edition, I'll need a region free DVD drive in my PC.

Mr_Shade
07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade: PC games are all region free - you do not need a region coded drive?

DVD's are different from games, and they are region locked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In order to play the Lineage DVD that comes with the Codex Edition, I'll need a region free DVD drive in my PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>arrr very true..

However - and forgive me if you already know, you may find your able to alter the Region coding on your existing DVD drive.

You should find the option in either the drive settings or the DVD player software.

Check with the maker if not.
If you don't intend to watch Region 1 [US] Dvd's on your PC, you can switch it to Region 2 [UK/EU]

You may however find you can only do this a few times [most lock out after a small number of changes]

Or if your very unlucky - the Drive is locked.

MrKnox122
07-27-2011, 12:20 PM
This is edition Region lock?

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-...dition-PlayStation-3 (http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-154227-Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PlayStation-3)

Serrachio
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
How does the Artbook and Encyclopedia differ?

I want to be able to get both, but it's kind of odd that I could pre-order the edition with the artbook but not be able to get the encyclopedia seperately, and I'd also have to give up on some features.

If the two items are different, what's stopping Ubisoft from selling the Artbook and Encyclopedia seperately in the Ubishop?

I also don't get why the same editions can't be purchased in all countries either.

Other than region coding, what's stopping the Animus Edition from being available for everyone?

If the problems aren't that major, what's stopping Ubisoft from releasing it in North America just like the European versions?

I'm British, and I don't get why Ubisoft would dismiss players in the USA to favour Europe, when they could just treat every gamer they're appealing to as equally as possible.

Biomedical-Fire
07-27-2011, 01:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrKnox122:
This is edition Region lock?

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-...dition-PlayStation-3 (http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-154227-Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition-PlayStation-3) </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As far as I know, the games for the PS3 are not region coded. Meaning you should be able to play EMEA games on your N.A. PS3.

johke13
07-27-2011, 04:14 PM
I want to try and purchase the Collector's Edition. 119 dollars?! Jesus, that's expensive though. But I really want the multiplayer characters more than anything. And plus Vlad the Impaler dungeon sounds cool as hell. Ubisoft, I'm going to go broke!!

Vicious1946
07-27-2011, 08:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johke13:
I want to try and purchase the Collector's Edition. 119 dollars?! Jesus, that's expensive though. But I really want the multiplayer characters more than anything. And plus Vlad the Impaler dungeon sounds cool as hell. Ubisoft, I'm going to go broke!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? The collectors edition as of yet isn't even scheduled to be released in North America let alone for 119$.

johke13
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Really? Huh, thanks for clearing that up! Must have sources wrong.

FlailingAmigo
07-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Sarrachio, from what I've read the artbook content is included in the encyc... they are taking order for the white one on ubiworksho and it says it contains fan made artwork so I'm assuming that's the artbook.

Any news on getting the animus edition in the UK? I tried the game website but could only find the special edition?

Layniel
07-28-2011, 12:26 PM
i just ordered the animus edition from the ubi shop. everything seems to have worked out, except i haven't recieved any confirmation mail from ubisoft nor Paypal. do you think it's alright or didn't it work after all?

Biomedical-Fire
07-28-2011, 07:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlailingAmigo: Any news on getting the animus edition in the UK? I tried the game website but could only find the special edition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You can pre-order the Animus Edition from GameStop in Ireland for the UK because they have the exclusive rights to it. Follow this link (http://www.gamestop.ie/41693_Xbox_360_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_ Edition.aspx) and it will take you where you need to go so that you can pre-order it.

celessie
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlailingAmigo: Any news on getting the animus edition in the UK? I tried the game website but could only find the special edition? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You can pre-order the Animus Edition from GameStop in Ireland for the UK because they have the exclusive rights to it. Follow this link (http://www.gamestop.ie/41693_Xbox_360_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_ Edition.aspx) and it will take you where you need to go so that you can pre-order it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its a bit cheaper at UbiShop (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.230868900/Assassins-Creed-Revelations-Animus-Edition.html)

and the Gamestop.co.uk (http://www.gamestop.co.uk/41693_Xbox_360_Assassins_Creed_Revelations_Animus_ Edition.aspx) website

TheLeoCrow
07-29-2011, 06:59 AM
PC games are all region free - you do not need a region coded drive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the registration keys region specific? If someone in the USA gets a european special edition, will all the features work in the USA even the ones that do not apply there? extra multiplayer skins, maps etc?

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-29-2011, 04:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheLeoCrow:
PC games are all region free - you do not need a region coded drive? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't the registration keys region specific? If someone in the USA gets a european special edition, will all the features work in the USA even the ones that do not apply there? extra multiplayer skins, maps etc? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no they will not.

well i gave in...preordered ACR at our brand new local game stop. i might get a few extra goodies other than the special edition since i was the first person to purchase a game, let alone ACR in the new store. cha ching!

JacksonSloan
07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I too am not happy about Ubisoft's treatment of North America. But I have to roll with it. I have the Signature Edition pre-ordered from GameStop and the White Edition of the Encyclopedia pre-ordered from the Ubiworkshop.
That's not too bad a haul. I can live with that. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

DEMON-12_21_2O12
07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johke13:
I want to try and purchase the Collector's Edition. 119 dollars?! Jesus, that's expensive though. But I really want the multiplayer characters more than anything. And plus Vlad the Impaler dungeon sounds cool as hell. Ubisoft, I'm going to go broke!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

be thankful, at least you have the option to get it.

L.Cie
07-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I see a lot of people complaining about the difference between what the North American continent gets and what all the other territories get. I agree, it should be equal across territories, but something has occured to me:

In the territories that get these extra goodies, these CEs, the price for games is anywhere from 150% to 250% of what NA customers pay. Especially since quite a few countries now have dollars breaking even with the USD -- it seems fair to me, in this one respect.
I'm in Australia, and our dollar is currently above the USD by a few cents -- a fantastic thing -- and Animus edition is $130, which is more than twice what anyone in NA would pay if it was available there. The normal game is $120. I know it's a very similar situation anywhere else in Europe or Oceania.

So, I think it's only fair that we have the opportunity to get more because we have to hand over twice -- sometimes three times -- the money to get our hands on the game in the first place. But at the same time, I'd prefer it was equal across all regions, like most everyone else.
People in Canada and the U.S should just be grateful they get the games cheap, maybe? :/

<sub>I am getting Animus edition, but mostly for the encyclopedia -- I haven't even put my order down yet. I'm far more excited for its release-rivals, Skyrim and Uncharted 3. Mostly Skyrim. Revelations' CEs aren't really all that impressive compared to its predecessors.</sub>

Biomedical-Fire
07-29-2011, 11:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.Cie:
I see a lot of people complaining about the difference between what the North American continent gets and what all the other territories get. I agree, it should be equal across territories, but something has occured to me:

In the territories that get these extra goodies, these CEs, the price for games is anywhere from 150% to 250% of what NA customers pay. Especially since quite a few countries now have dollars breaking even with the USD -- it seems fair to me, in this one respect.
I'm in Australia, and our dollar is currently above the USD by a few cents -- a fantastic thing -- and Animus edition is $130, which is more than twice what anyone in NA would pay if it was available there. The normal game is $120. I know it's a very similar situation anywhere else in Europe or Oceania.

So, I think it's only fair that we have the opportunity to get more because we have to hand over twice -- sometimes three times -- the money to get our hands on the game in the first place. But at the same time, I'd prefer it was equal across all regions, like most everyone else.
People in Canada and the U.S should just be grateful they get the games cheap, maybe? :/

<sub>I am getting Animus edition, but mostly for the encyclopedia -- I haven't even put my order down yet. I'm far more excited for its release-rivals, Skyrim and Uncharted 3. Mostly Skyrim. Revelations' CEs aren't really all that impressive compared to its predecessors.</sub> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Because the games are developed here and are printed in Mexico, this is why you are charged more for them than we are. Because they have to ship from N.A. to other places in the world, they have to charge more because of exportation and duties. So in turn, Ubisoft has to recoup the money they spent on production and exportation plus make a profit on the games. Because they have to charge the retail chain for this, then the retailer has to charge more for the game so that they can recoup the money they paid to Ubisoft and make a profit at the same time, so you the consumer has to pay more. So it all comes down to that the games are produced and printed here so that's why you pay more than we do here in Canada and the United States.

Vicious1946
07-30-2011, 04:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by L.Cie:

<sub>I am getting Animus edition, but mostly for the encyclopedia -- I haven't even put my order down yet. I'm far more excited for its release-rivals, Skyrim and Uncharted 3. Mostly Skyrim. Revelations' CEs aren't really all that impressive compared to its predecessors.</sub> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much do you pay in Australia for a normal edition game?

Paulo_Rodrigues
07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Anyone knows what language AC: Revelations have?

I'm from Portugal and i need to know if the game have European Portuguese (Not Brazilian Portuguese)

AC: Brotherhood had portuguese from Portugal but UK version don't have it...

Biomedical-Fire
07-31-2011, 01:20 PM
You know, if Ubi packaged the Signature Edition in a steelbook case and add the art book, one more MP character and one of the armor's then put it all in a fancy package, I'd be a happy camper.

PJonDevelopment
07-31-2011, 02:43 PM
Because the games are developed here and are printed in Mexico, this is why you are charged more for them than we are. Because they have to ship from N.A. to other places in the world, they have to charge more because of exportation and duties. So in turn, Ubisoft has to recoup the money they spent on production and exportation plus make a profit on the games. Because they have to charge the retail chain for this, then the retailer has to charge more for the game so that they can recoup the money they paid to Ubisoft and make a profit at the same time, so you the consumer has to pay more. So it all comes down to that the games are produced and printed here so that's why you pay more than we do here in Canada and the United States. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, you're wrong.

Ubisoft is a French, as in from France - Europe, company. The ACR was developed by a global team across the entire planet, there were teams from Paris to Shanghai.

All the other goodies that are put in all the editions come from China anyways.

So the major price differences are due solely on either taxes across international borders, or, most likely, corporate greedy.

I find eally amusing the discussion between people in North America and Europe about the contents of the editions, while here in Brazil there are no stores pre-selling the game.

The ones I find on line either sell only to US/Canada, or then it's UK and Australia.

The only "store" I found that would sell the game to Brazil is a guy "pre-selling" the game on e-Bay.

And like hell I'll pay up-front for a game to a faceless person on e-Bay.

johke13
07-31-2011, 07:40 PM

I'm thankful. Sorry to hear that it's not available where you're at, my friend has the same problem.

be thankful, at least you have the option to get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Biomedical-Fire
07-31-2011, 07:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PJonDevelopment: Actually, you're wrong.

Ubisoft is a French, as in from France - Europe, company. The ACR was developed by a global team across the entire planet, there were teams from Paris to Shanghai... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I know Ubi is an French Company, but the majority of development takes place in Montreal, Quebec Canada.

Vicious1946
07-31-2011, 08:56 PM

I'm thankful. Sorry to hear that it's not available where you're at, my friend has the same problem.

be thankful, at least you have the option to get it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If those regions that aren't able to buy the game have a problem with that then they can say something. As for me, I prefer not to settle for less.

RedwolfSkydragn
08-02-2011, 02:04 PM
I also want to buy the Animus edition (US), so I haven't yet pre-ordered my copy because of this. if worst comes to worst I guess I'll be buying from ebay or Amazaon after it has already come out, seeing as right now this is the only way to achieve it. I'm also going to buy that White Edition Encylopedia.

What I believe UbiSoft should do is offer something like an "Ultimate Assassin Edition" or something, that was all the bonuses in one, I'd enjoy having both multiplayer characters, both encylopedia's, the DLC mission, the art book, the weapon capacity upgrades, both Turkish and Brutus's armors, the original Soundtrack, the animated Short, and the customisation item, all available together and to everyone in the world.

I mean, this is the end of Desmond's story for crying out loud, I'd love to buy an edition that has what I previously stated. But like I said, I'm holding off pre-ordering for now.

Biomedical-Fire
08-02-2011, 03:21 PM
It looks like that we in North America will get the Ottoman Jester for our MP character in the Signature Edition. It also said that there is an extra weapon that we'll receive at the end of the Vlad the Impaler mission. However, this is still not enough for me to purchase the Signature Edition.

gpvecchi
08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I pre-ordered PC Animus Edition from Ubishop: as I live in Italy, will I receive the fully localized edition or the english one?
Edit: I want the turkish assassin armour, too!

Moultonborough
08-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked but in the signature edition comes with an animated short film. Do they mean Embers or something else? Thanks

Biomedical-Fire
08-02-2011, 05:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Sorry if this has already been asked but in the signature edition comes with an animated short film. Do they mean Embers or something else? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE> It will be the short movie Embers. Ubi is famous for being vague in their descriptions of the extra content that comes in the North American editions of their games. Unlike they do with their European editions that are very detailed.

So it goes to show you how much that they care for the North American market, they can't even give us the common courtesy to explain things in great detail.

SleezeRocker
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Looksl ike the N.A Signature Edition's online charcter will be The Jester. Im sure many already knew but I got an email with an actual picture. So should help with people that have doubts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/9008/16300342.jpg

Jexx21
08-03-2011, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know if there will be an NA ACR collector's edition that doesn't come from GameStop?

I don't buy/sell things from Gamestop anymore because I don't agree with their business practices.

If worst comes to worst, I'll just grab the Digital Deluxe edition from Steam, but I'd prefer a physical copy.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
First time I saw this (from AC wiki)!

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/4/47/ACR_Collector_Templar_Edition.png

Wow! Another Ezio pvc by Attakus; this is the one to get! PS: It will only be sold in Italy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Biomedical-Fire
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
First time I saw this!

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/4/47/ACR_Collector_Templar_Edition.png

Wow! Another Ezio pvc by Attakus; this is the one to get! PS: It will only be sold in Italy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Someone already mentioned it a few days ago. Too bad that's an exclusive deal only offered to gamers in Italy. It would be nice if a retailer here would secure something like that for North America. However I digress because it seems that our complaints are falling on Ubisoft's deaf ears.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks! Sorry for posting old news.

Hopefully/maybe they'll get around to selling those individually in as many countries as possible like they did with the ACB statue. Otherwise I'll do whatever it takes to obtain that figure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Mr_Shade
08-03-2011, 02:32 PM
Someone already mentioned it a few days ago. Too bad that's an exclusive deal only offered to gamers in Italy. It would be nice if a retailer here would secure something like that for North America. However I digress because it seems that our complaints are falling on Ubisoft's deaf ears. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>In case you missed my post about this..

This "edition" is something one retailer has put together, it's not an official Ubisoft pack.

They have bundled the items together, so that's entirely down to that retailer.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:35 PM
@Mr_Shade: So there's a chance that these figures will eventually be sold to the rest of us? :O http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Mr_Shade
08-03-2011, 02:44 PM
No idea, since the maker of the figure has supplied the special black version to that retailer.

Products not made by Ubisoft I don't have any information on, however I did see the White version shown at comic con in one of the other threads.

Ureh
08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Just to be clear, when you said "White version shown at comic con," do you mean the one made by Ubiworkshop? Ezio's Fury?

Oh, man. Just gotta hope for the best then. I know Attakus released the ACB PVC to all PAL territories and eventually retailers in U.S. also started selling them. This happened about 6 months after release, even though it was initially an exclusive to PAL.

Hopefully there will be a worldwide release a few months after launch. I need you Grandpa Ezio! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Biomedical-Fire
08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr_Shade:In case you missed my post about this..

This "edition" is something one retailer has put together, it's not an official Ubisoft pack.

They have bundled the items together, so that's entirely down to that retailer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I know, that is why I mentioned in my post that it was mentioned earlier that it is an Italian exclusive. My digression towards Ubi is that our complaints about N.A. not getting any type of good Collector's Edition like everyone else, just that EA inspired "Signature Edition" and nothing else.

Mr_Shade
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
Just to be clear, when you said "White version shown at comic con," do you mean the one made by Ubiworkshop? Ezio's Fury?

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>No.

The black figure is not the same and is not made by ubisoft so I don't have any info on this version.

It was linked to in an older thread - same figure as the Templar bundle, but in White - though, but to be clear it's not from Ubisoft.

JacksonSloan
08-03-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too high (including mine) but it is now August. And in August for both AC II and AC Brotherhood it was right about this time that their North America Collector Editions suddenly popped up. In both cases, the European Edition were announced first with great promotion and it looked like we would be left out. Could they do the same thing again a third time??

BoomJack94
08-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know if the art from the Art Book that comes with the Collectors Edition will be featured in the Collector's Edition Strategy Guide? Just like what they did with the Creed II strategy guide? Sorry if this has been discussed already.