PDA

View Full Version : Combat Moves/Skills

Snurred
12-15-2009, 06:33 PM
So, in my initial play, I found that I kept on struggling fighting against big groups of advanced enemies/brutes.

Reading the board i found the topic..."Deflect counter" and found that that move was awesome.

So if you all could post your go-to move/combo/counter and make a list of efficient/flashy attacks/combat that would be GREAT!! Not just for me..but for everyone!

Dachande_
12-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Personally im totally addicted to unarmed combat in AC2 lol most of the time i never use my equipped weapons..using your fists feels like free form combat^^ oh and it looks awesome aswell lol disarming a guard,slaugthering him with his own weapon,dropping the weapon and dancing about a bit with the other guards..playing with them^^ i think the dev's designed the combat in a way to encourage more imaginative,free flowing fights in comparison to the straight foward viciousness of AC1 (which is still awesome^^) On topic though,id say my go to move is starting a fight hands free and going from there^^ not very detailed unfortunately lol =)

bladencrowd
12-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Glad it helped http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

I usually rely on Altair's sword or the double hidden blades.

Altair's Sword Combat
I usually use combo kills/counters to eliminate the Miltia/Agiles/Elites first. Then I switch to using the deflect counter-combo kill on Leaders/Brutes/Seekers. Other times I just strafe behind enemies and instant kill them.

Hidden Blades Combat
I just spam combo kills on anyone and dodge/sometimes counter all oncoming attacks.

If you want add some good fist finishers then bring you opponents health down to 2 squares, switch to fists, dodge their attack, then hit them twice (following combo kill requirements).

TooLazy4Name
12-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Glad it helped http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif.

I usually rely on Altair's sword or the double hidden blades.

Altair's Sword Combat
I usually use combo kills/counters to eliminate the Miltia/Agiles/Elites first. Then I switch to using the deflect counter-combo kill on Leaders/Brutes/Seekers. Other times I just strafe behind enemies and instant kill them.

Hidden Blades Combat
I just spam combo kills on anyone and dodge/sometimes counter all oncoming attacks.

If you want add some good fist finishers then bring you opponents health down to 2 squares, switch to fists, dodge their attack, then hit them twice (following combo kill requirements).

And here i thought no one knew anything about fist combat. bravo.

I usually just use my fist in a variety of ways, which usually just draws the fight out to lengths a normal player would give up on.

If your going for "kill everything without any fun" then just do combo kills, and counter/deflect counter any attacks coming your way. also, disarm seekers if you can, because their spears are brutal, especially if you dont just counter attack someone straight off as their special move "sweep" is useful for taking out 2-3 enemies at a time.

h9876543211910
12-15-2009, 07:56 PM
You have control over combos'? I thought there was a combo kill that your character would perform but you didn't have any control over.?.?.?

TooLazy4Name
12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by h9876543211910:
You have control over combos'? I thought there was a combo kill that your character would perform but you didn't have any control over.?.?.?

You cant really control them, but counter's are depicted (did i spell that right?) by the attack a enemy does. for example, hidden blade + enemy doing a underhand swing = ezio kicks blade away, shoves both hidden blades into gut, and throws the enemy.