PDA

View Full Version : Dynamism

LuftKuhMist
01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi all, recently me and Luftcaca tested the career dynamism. We wanted to know how dynamic it was exactly. So here is what we did, WARNING: it was pretty idiot.

So I was flight leader of a squadron of SBD. Each mission I loaded all 7-8 planes with 1600 lbs bombs. Bomb delay set to 10 seconds. On flight deck what I did was drop the bomb before take off then eject. My pilot did survive but everyone blew up and the bombs on the other SBD also blew up. Result: I sunk my own carrier. So we did about 20 missions of self destruction... about 15 carriers were sunk and the USN still saw fit to put me as a flight leader. (in bonus I tried to make my plane take off pilotless, lotsa fun, try it yourself.)

Anyway the point is, after 15 of our own carriers SUNK... well the battles ended as if nothing had happened and the same text appeared as if I kicked ***.

Conclusion: where is the dynamism?

LuftKuhMist
01-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Hi all, recently me and Luftcaca tested the career dynamism. We wanted to know how dynamic it was exactly. So here is what we did, WARNING: it was pretty idiot.

So I was flight leader of a squadron of SBD. Each mission I loaded all 7-8 planes with 1600 lbs bombs. Bomb delay set to 10 seconds. On flight deck what I did was drop the bomb before take off then eject. My pilot did survive but everyone blew up and the bombs on the other SBD also blew up. Result: I sunk my own carrier. So we did about 20 missions of self destruction... about 15 carriers were sunk and the USN still saw fit to put me as a flight leader. (in bonus I tried to make my plane take off pilotless, lotsa fun, try it yourself.)

Anyway the point is, after 15 of our own carriers SUNK... well the battles ended as if nothing had happened and the same text appeared as if I kicked ***.

Conclusion: where is the dynamism?

Latico
01-08-2005, 09:07 PM
I think they need to get rid of that 1600lb bomb on the SBD's. So far, the heaviet loadout I've seen for SBD in carrier ops was 1000lb total.

Loadouts for SBD-2/3 flying from CV6 USS Enterprise:
Single 1000lb
Single 500lb
single 500lb + 2 100lb

Source: Declasified After Action Reports and Logs of CV6 - cv6.org

LuftKuhMist
01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe but that's not what I meant.

You CAN'T loose a battle. 15 carriers sunk should make us loose the war... at least make our assets dramatically diminish.

Eraser_tr
01-08-2005, 09:12 PM
turn no instant success back on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Latico
01-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Oh, I understand your point. It is rediculous.

If they would pull the 1600lb'er and the 3x 500lb from the SBD loadout, the dynamic gen can't screw it up like it is now.

Luftcaca
01-09-2005, 11:59 AM
Im personally pretty disappointed by this issue
Now when Im gonna see a whole bunch of Vals and Kate closin in to attack our fleet, I'll just watch em and enjoy the show instead of doing everything in my power to prevent the destruction of our ships.

After all we can loose 20 carrieres in Coral Sea and end up with a "bloody draw"

lmao

this game, version 3.03, still dissapoint

LuftKuhMist
01-09-2005, 03:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
turn no instant success back on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it's better, when you fail mission you can't continue war... how realist... I wonder if real pilots REFLY missions until they succeed.

JunkoIfurita
01-09-2005, 04:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Conclusion: where is the dynamism? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IL2/PF resets its statistics within the dynamic campaign by date. While your airfield/carrier is destroyed, the fleet resets after a certain time - it may be a certain amount real time, and it certainly resets by the following day.

So no, stock DGEN isn't truly dynamic - the point was I think to have enough variety/random generation for fun and replayability without going overboard. The lines and decimation to the fleets still follow pretty closely to the historical data.

The game is still a lot of fun to play, so why complain?

On the other hand, if you're looking for fully dynamic gameplay, where every tank/ship you destroy affects the movement of the lines and every aircraft downed counts from a reserve, (until a convenient supply convoy ressuplies, but they too can be destroyed) try Paul Lowengrins DCG - www.lowengrin.com (http://www.lowengrin.com)

Its a dynamic campaign generator for IL2 and PF that is keyed towards people who want a truly dynamic war, and you can replace the stock DGEN/NGEN with it as well for ease of use.

Cheers,
Junko 'Kimura' Ifurita

LuftKuhMist
01-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah I tried an old version with IL2.

Hmmm I'm going to try this again, thanks for the suggestion.