PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wings of Power II

JACN12
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Is it really worth in terms of FM?...stalls, spins, engine management, performances

Thanks,

┴.

JACN12
02-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Is it really worth in terms of FM?...stalls, spins, engine management, performances

Thanks,

┴.

Bearcat99
02-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I wonder if people go into the WoP, AH, FA, WB & CFS forums asking about this sim? I'm just curious... We must have a pretty good rep here...

major_setback
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
You need one of the Microsoft Flight Simulator series (either FS2004 or FSX) to run it. It's a different flavour to the FB series of planes. FB is unbeatable in my opinion in flight models and the general feeling of flight (especially down low).

I wouldn't get the Firepower add-on if you're looking for an improvement on FB, but if you would like to try a more complex approach to flying the aircraft then it's definately worth looking at. No bangs or flashes here, just a diferent aspect of flight simming, with a more active approach to flying involved.

leitmotiv
02-07-2007, 03:22 PM
Damned excellent. I have them all. The He 219 is incredible. WOP will remain ahead of BOB because Maddox elected to not have detailed engine controls. Only thing you can't do is blow things up. If you like flying as much as destroying, you'll love them. If destroying is your game, stick with Maddox. Big boys use both.

JACN12
02-07-2007, 03:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I wonder if people go into the WoP, AH, FA, WB & CFS forums asking about this sim? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, and add to that list LO & F4 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I just want to know the opinion about this addon from an independent (and BTW, very demanding) community as this (which I belong to). I prefer to know all this addon "cons"..even exaggerated, that a lot of (surely) exaggerated "pros" from a FS9 devout forum

JACN12
02-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks guys. That┬┤s what I wanted to know.

One last question: how fine (or "smooth") is stall and post-stall modeled?

leitmotiv
02-07-2007, 03:42 PM
I would say excellently---it is in spins Maddox excels FS9.

Jaws2002
02-07-2007, 03:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
I wonder if people go into the WoP, AH, FA, WB & CFS forums asking about this sim? I'm just curious... We must have a pretty good rep here... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did on Aces High forum and got banned even if i was a paying customer there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Those guys there are so afraid of this game that you get banned if you post a screenshot.

needless to say, I won't be paying them anymore. EVER.

For Shockwave the only expansions I have are the FW190's (both Antons and long nose packs) for FS9 /FSX. I love them. Flight models are awesome. Can't shoot tho. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

bazzaah2
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
the WOP products I have are excellent. Highly recommended. FM, sounds are both highly immersive. The Jug and 190s are great as well by all accounts.