PDA

View Full Version : Magic Fortress

darkhorizon11
10-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe this is the wrong forum I'm just confirming a little bug.

Does anybody else notice that if you attack a B-17 FF and shoot off its rudder it goes crazy?

Okay I'll be more specific, first it flips back and forth from side to side which is pretty realistic because the pilot has lost the ability to control the plane on the yaw axis. But then it spins so far out of control that it stands vertically why flying side ways, then suddenly the plane does a "magic" flip and the nose is pointed straight down and the plane goes into a dive again? I assume its some sort of glitch, why is this so?

darkhorizon11
10-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Maybe this is the wrong forum I'm just confirming a little bug.

Does anybody else notice that if you attack a B-17 FF and shoot off its rudder it goes crazy?

Okay I'll be more specific, first it flips back and forth from side to side which is pretty realistic because the pilot has lost the ability to control the plane on the yaw axis. But then it spins so far out of control that it stands vertically why flying side ways, then suddenly the plane does a "magic" flip and the nose is pointed straight down and the plane goes into a dive again? I assume its some sort of glitch, why is this so?

Fennec_P
10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Lots of bombers will do that, especially when you blow off the rudder, vertical stabilizer and bust a few engines.

I guess the game just doesn't model wing blanking or yaw induced roll for AI planes.

It does look pretty gay.

darkhorizon11
10-23-2004, 03:26 PM
word