PDA

View Full Version : How do i play the online campaigns?

kouch24
04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,

I am a newb and although I found some dogfight servers using hyperlobby, I still am having hard time finding servers that play the new online campaigns. Can someone tell me on how to find these things?

kouch24
04-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,

I am a newb and although I found some dogfight servers using hyperlobby, I still am having hard time finding servers that play the new online campaigns. Can someone tell me on how to find these things?

Zeus-cat
04-03-2004, 11:19 PM
The way I understand it, you wouldn't play the on-line campaigns on a dogfight-type server. You can't just jump into an on-line campaign at any time, you have to be there when the mission starts.

The best way to play an on-line campaign is to fly with the same group of people such as a squad. You won't see immediate results when flying a campaign. It takes time for your efforts to show. This would take place over a period of days, not just one evening.

Zeus-cat

Kneenibbler
04-04-2004, 01:07 AM
I guess if you can't find people online to play the campaigns you can play them by yourself with the other planes controled by the computer. Just start a multiplayer game and select online campaign and your good to go.

Haven't tried it myself, so I can't comment on how well it works and you miss out on the whole Coop thing but sounds like it would be alot like DCG via single player.

Maybe someone who has tried it this way could comment.