PDA

View Full Version : Ocean Depth

scorpion2
04-09-2005, 03:14 PM
forgive me if I ask such a stupid question but I am early in the game and patrolling the North Sea. I find it ridiculously shallow and find I must be careful not to hit bottom ( ie 25 meters ) whenever I dive....I have yet to encounter a destroyer as for now things are easy pickings but I imagine this could be a problem if one was to use depth as an evasive maneuver. Surley the entire Ocean is not this shallow?

scorpion2
04-09-2005, 03:14 PM
forgive me if I ask such a stupid question but I am early in the game and patrolling the North Sea. I find it ridiculously shallow and find I must be careful not to hit bottom ( ie 25 meters ) whenever I dive....I have yet to encounter a destroyer as for now things are easy pickings but I imagine this could be a problem if one was to use depth as an evasive maneuver. Surley the entire Ocean is not this shallow?

S VIIC_41
04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
No, around Norway it's over 1000 metres, but in a lot of places it's shallow-ish though yeah.

alanschu
04-09-2005, 04:31 PM
North Sea is quite shallow.

Near Norway it's average depth is 700 m over quite a large area, yet the entire average depth of the North Sea is only 35 m, so you're going to need a lot of area that is shallower than 35 m to offset the Norway area.

You can sort of tell depth by the colour on the map. Darker blue is deeper.