PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to say great job on AC2

MMaslow2
12-12-2009, 04:13 AM
The title says it all. I just finished the game today and... wow. I am very impressed.

I thought of AC1 as a mostly an "okay" game. The story was decent, the game play a bit repetitive, but the free running and environments were spectacular.

When AC2 was announced, I figured I'd give it a try to see if anything changed, maybe rent it first to see it wasn't just more of the same.

I gave in and bought it. I've got to say, Iím very pleased with my purchase.

At first I couldn't imagine going from the Crusades to the Renaissance, replacing Altair, and taking on Italian accents but manÖ

-The voice actors (especially Ezio) are top notch.
-The characters are fleshed out and have personality.
-The story (both the main story and the underlying story) is more engaging and exciting.
-The missions are a ton more varied. Reading the codexís, silly letters, etc... is very enjoyable.
-And the Renaissance... there were definitely a few times I saw the environments and just stopped and smiled at the work put in to them. They're beautiful. And the clothing/color schemes are absolutely gorgeous. I have to say, my opinion of the period has definitely changed. Btw, I didnít think it was possibleÖ but Ezioís outfit is even cooler looking than Altairís.
-Mechanics like air assassinations and balcony grabs were added (much needed).
-Finally, an addictive progression element was added. The villa, money, weapons, purchasable skills, dyes, and etcÖ a nice touch.

From the improvements made from 1 to 2, thereís no doubt, Iím definitely buying 3. Hah, it doesnít help Iím heavily invested in the story now, but thatís beside the point. I figured Iíd throw out some encouraging words and say keep up the good work. Iím glad you guys are taking fan feedback seriously.

zitl
12-12-2009, 04:57 AM
Good post.

TheEpicWolf
12-12-2009, 05:41 AM
I second that, very good post.
And Welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

that-acmilan-guy
12-12-2009, 06:29 AM
You basically summed up while i love this game. Only you missed 1 important factor, the amazing soundtrack.

OzDavis
12-12-2009, 06:44 AM
The game isn't perfect (what game is?), but I do agree with everything you've posted here.
Excellent first post. Welcome to the forums!

Sparty2020
12-12-2009, 08:13 AM
I agree, especially on the thoughts of the Renaissance, I was hope for something along the lines of war-torn villages and places under siege, sorta like MGS 4 but the game delivered. I also liked the accents, they were sexy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

I hope AC3 will come out when the next-generation of consoles comes out (if the pattern set by the last 4 generations is anything to go by the next announcement should occur in 2010, although I fear M$ and Sony will just release some new software). I think that AC 3 pushed the multi-platform genre as far as it can go with this one http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif