PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth buying the game now.

n.travkin
04-27-2010, 08:23 PM
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Cure 2 Duo P7350 with 4GB of Ram. Nvidia GeForce 9600M. My questions are:

1) Will my pc run this games?
2) I read other people's problems with crashes and glitches and DRM issues. Do you guys think its a good time to buy this game now, or wait until Ubisoft releases a patch? I really want to buy it but i am afraid same stuff will happen to my game as it happened to others?

Thanx

simplesim
04-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by n.travkin:
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Cure 2 Duo P7350 with 4GB of Ram. Nvidia GeForce 9600M. My questions are:

1) Will my pc run this games?
2) I read other people's problems with crashes and glitches and DRM issues. Do you guys think its a good time to buy this game now, or wait until Ubisoft releases a patch? I really want to buy it but i am afraid same stuff will happen to my game as it happened to others?

Thanx

You should buy this game, it's very good.
Keep it and the needed patches will come eventually. So much for quality controls and checks before street release.

Things you should know are buggging
1. sound stutters
2. FPS low at some point
3. game freezes sometimes
4. Sudden crash to desktop

zurv
04-27-2010, 08:45 PM
9600M
that card sucks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Even if it was a desktop verson the game will still chug

on my htpc (can't use my main one cause there is no SLI support in the game) the ATI 5870 in it is slow.

so, don't play games on a laptop and wait till they patch the game (and hopefully drop the price a bit)

but no freesing or sound issues here.. just SLI and X360 controller issues.

In4ser2424
04-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Don't buy it! At least wait until they get rid of DRM. Besides if you like Splinter Cell Series its a big departure from it, but there is no way to know if you'd like or not cuz there is no PC demo.

adjkeer
04-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Absolute garbage. Don't buy it. As I said in my own post.. every few mins the game freezes to reconnect to DRM server. Now it won't connect at all. I do not have this issue with AC 2 or Silent Hunter 5.

TheStranger.
04-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Wait a month till it is laying in the second hand bin at EB Games.

DCAustin007
04-27-2010, 10:08 PM
I haven't had any disconnects during solo or DEniable Ops mode yet, been playing all night. So far I love the game, you can choose to use stealth or use any number of guns you find along the way. For any hardcore fan, there is no reason you won't like this game, DRM issues aside. The only downside (if any) is the always-on DRM they decided to use, I sure hope Ubi has invested alot of infrastructure into the servers for this game, it would be a shame if they ever went down.
I haven't found a single Coop game all night.

Ashrien
04-28-2010, 04:44 AM
I keep seeing this no-sli-support thing floating around, but the game runs dandily for me (albeit not as fast as I'd like) and I'm running SLi 260s.

comicsserg18
05-06-2010, 11:48 AM
DRM server
I've bought SC:C and it nice except:

DRM is really bad, I can't play normally (maybe it's just my connection, i'm not sure);
It reconnects all the time.

I have
dual core 3Ghz
nvidia 1Gb
4Gb RAM

And it still with low fps and a bit lags.

Personal feelings:
The black and white is not so good as it seems in review. It's not so fun if you play all levels in black/white screen (because it stealth game and you must shut all lights off).
Why does we have color screen and pay for us graphics card if the game in black and white.

I think it would be beter to turn black/white feature off in options.

I think they should keep the engine from SC:CT.
SC, SC:PT, SC:CT are the best games ever. Now in SC:C it isnt splinter cell anymore.

What i was hoping to see in the game:
No night vision, no heat vision, just one sonar vision, kinda unfortunatelly. You can't custom your walk speed. You can't replace corpse.
WHERE is the splinter cell???????

I was wondering if it possible to add more visions in game (maybe with patch or DLC)

Still it's a amazing game and I love Splinter cell series. And still I'm happy that bought this game.

CGrecon
05-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Will be low fps in some places - yes.

About DRM <span class="ev_code_RED">****Read the forum rules about talking about piracy and cracks***</span>

CEfraga
05-06-2010, 12:35 PM
Save your money or wait until the prices drop.

My system:
Core 2 Quad Q9500 3.2GHz 12mb cache
XFX HD5850
4GB RAM

Problems:

- Low framerates (below 20fps in some situations).
- Multiplayer not working.
- Ubisoft's known lack of support (or stupid when you reach them).

Oh yes, people <span class="ev_code_RED">****Read the forum rules about talking about piracy and cracks***</span>

CGrecon
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
****Read the forum rules about talking about piracy and cracks***

LOL )) Oh yeah.. it is more higher as consumer rights)

you guys mean "continue to pay for nothing - no multiplayer, single with DRM lags or no single only at night and shot up about \piracy and cracks" or like i call it - fix for all of this.

yeah, you can ban me for this... but it's sad that i can't ban you for sale not working products!

YurikArkady
05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
The game has always been worth buying, the DRM hasn't caused me any problems and if you are able to follow instructions, shouldn't bother you either.

sam2000_290
05-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't listen to others. If you like SC and would love to get this new one, get it. It's fun despite of the problems. Get it if you like. No one is stopping you. But don't let their negative influence stop you if you are getting it.

neuro.mancer
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by n.travkin:
I have Windows 7 64 bit. Cure 2 Duo P7350 with 4GB of Ram. Nvidia GeForce 9600M.

This game will eat the 9600M alive in it's current state.

If Conviction and the 9600M were in jail together the 9600M would be giving away his fruit cocktail at every meal and be spending every shower trying to retrieve the soap...

dontos
05-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Hold off. The game still has crashing issues and is unplayable on some high-end configurations that far exceed the requirements. Patch 1.02 didn't fix the crashing issue on my system. I've had an ongoing support issue open with Ubi Support. I keep doing what he suggests and nothing works.

darkzero7
05-07-2010, 01:07 AM
imo the game is worth the purchase. Not everyone is having an issue, but I guess one could argue that by buying it you risk joining the ranks of those who do. Issues aside its definitely worth it.