PDA

View Full Version : As a college student. It HURTS me when I spend this kind of money, and get SCREWED

Parogar
04-27-2010, 06:35 PM
here are some "why's" I would like answered

WHY is my SLI not working in this game? You've been working on this game for like 5 years now, and you released it two weeks late?

WHY does this game cost $10 extra, and include no manual.

WHY do I have to wait upwards of one minute to connect online to play an OFFLINE game

WHY is my xbox 360 controller not F*&@$*@ working with this game

WHY do you have the absolute worst tech support phone line, in the entire history of gaming

WHY do you hate your customers.

I am a college student, I pay my way through college. It's not often that I can blow $50... **cough** excuse me SIXTY dollars on a game. For a game that looks this ugly, to have such tremendous performance problems, not support my controller, and have the most ******ed DRM scheme ever invented....

yeah. I am furious beyond words.
I have been taken advantage of for the last time.
I now feel JUSTIFIED in pirating every single game you release.
And just to prove I am not angry kid who pirates games anyway,

This pic, is ROUGHLY 40% of the PC games in my collection.

http://img37.imageshack.us/i/0419100000a.jpg/

The injustice that has been done here is amplified exponentially by the fact that I paid $60 for this game, instead of $50. That fact alone makes me feel like I've been anally raped by ubisoft. I am furious beyond measure. You guys SURE got one on me, congratulations.

BlackFrancis
04-27-2010, 06:50 PM
I feel you. I'm also a student, I've been waiting for this to come out -- I even passed up on buying Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 just so I could afford it. And then my graphics card isn't supported.

To be fair, I didn't read the system specs beforehand. But is it really too much to expect that a major title out of a major studio would support the thousands of us that use laptops?

I emailed tech support six hours ago asking about a patch. No answer.

Parogar
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Why is it always us, the people that SUPPORT pc gaming that get screwed, while the pirates sit back, relax, and play a superior version of the same game for free?

Galiron
04-27-2010, 08:25 PM
Come on guys you knwo as well as we all do Ubisoft treats pc games all as criminals given the DRM always online has already been cracked so pirates can playall they want while we paying customers get no book no real support **** poor ports honestly Ubisoft if this is how you plan to treat pc gamers who pay for your game just don't release them honestly I'd rather be forced to get it on 360 or ps3 and have it work then be given a sub par worthless game.

Oh and when will you guys learn DRM doesnt work like gun laws it only hurts none criminal people since criminals being well criminals don't care about brekaing the law and not paying. In all honesty this will most likely be the last game I buy from you all unless stuff gets fixed like killing the online req to play single player worthless drm so sad.

HH375mag
04-27-2010, 08:31 PM
I feel for you guys. It was bad enough to pay for stuff when I was at Uni ten years ago, let alone now with the recession and higher prices. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

zurv
04-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Parogar:
here are some "why's" I would like answered

WHY is my SLI not working in this game? You've been working on this game for like 5 years now, and you released it two weeks late?

WHY does this game cost $10 extra, and include no manual.

WHY do I have to wait upwards of one minute to connect online to play an OFFLINE game

WHY is my xbox 360 controller not F*&@$*@ working with this game

WHY do you have the absolute worst tech support phone line, in the entire history of gaming

WHY do you hate your customers.

^^ what he said.. every issues i'm having too..

sli, x360, cost, fail tech support... *sigh*

skinnerxboxlive
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
The trend is clear. If you want to play games hassle free from now on, you have to to buy an Xbox 360. I don't like it like that, but let us be honest, that is the direction things are heading.

dontos
04-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Damn, sorry you guys are having such a bad experience. This is the first game I've purchased on the day of release and thus far it looks good and seems to run fine on my system. Of course, I'm running it on an AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz with a nVidia GTX 285 with a GB of DDR3. My system has 8 GB of DDR2 1066 RAM. I'm running the game with all graphic settings on highest quality at 1920x1200.

I think the moral of the story with computer games is this: PC versions of games provide the best gaming experience, but only if you have the hardware to support it. If you can't afford to buy or build a system that can handle it, then you're better off going the console route.

A couple of other points. Laptops are not for gaming. There simply isn't enough ventilation to dissipate the heat of a high spec video card running a modern game, so they can't equip laptops with high performance cards. If they did, the laptop would overheat in no time.

I agree, $60 is too much. Should have been $50 at the most.

CArNAge.LN
04-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dontos:
Damn, sorry you guys are having such a bad experience. This is the first game I've purchased on the day of release and thus far it looks good and seems to run fine on my system. Of course, I'm running it on an AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor 2.60 GHz with a nVidia GTX 285 with a GB of DDR3. My system has 8 GB of DDR2 1066 RAM. I'm running the game with all graphic settings on highest quality at 1920x1200.

I think the moral of the story with computer games is this: PC versions of games provide the best gaming experience, but only if you have the hardware to support it. If you can't afford to buy or build a system that can handle it, then you're better off going the console route.

A couple of other points. Laptops are not for gaming. There simply isn't enough ventilation to dissipate the heat of a high spec video card running a modern game, so they can't equip laptops with high performance cards. If they did, the laptop would overheat in no time.

You are wrong this isnt the 1990's you can custom build your own lap top with interchangable parts .. a graphics card processor etc.

LithianLord
04-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by ReConNinJa.CF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dontos:

You are wrong this isnt the 1990's you can custom build your own lap top with interchangable parts .. a graphics card processor etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but the point made (correct me if I am wrong)is you cannot make a laptop preform close to a PC because of heat issues. You can custom build anything, but the large issues is how well they will preform. I know my rig runs four fans just to cool everything to my prefered levels.

chmun77
04-27-2010, 11:33 PM
I think the point is not about the specs of hardwares. The point is why we get all these rubbish after we spent real cash on ORIGINAL copies of games??

All the DRM BS are making us frustrated, as being supporters of original copy owners.

C'mon Ubisoft!