PDA

View Full Version : your overall thoughts on AC2 *SPOILERS LIKELY RAOR*

ODSTVenix
11-30-2009, 06:22 PM
right hope this is aloud and wont get banned

i thought assassins creed 2 was absolutley fantastic a mile better than the first one despite there being no altair http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif well thre was briefly combat was better couldt just counter to get away with it now there was just so many more elements that improvd the game and one of my favroutes it was not rally repetitive at all at points it was a little but nowhere near the extnt of the first one but the big thing for me, story while im going to have to play through again to try and get a better grasp on the story (i found it a little hard to follow in places) it was great leaving more questions to be awnsered more speculation and half decent/ good ending. i find that so many games lack story for gameplay purposes (MW2 for example) but Ubisoft havnt done that they put time and effort into both IMHO AC2 is a very solid 9 out of 10 possibly a 10? all i can say is wel done ubi

oh and sorry if this is rambled its half 1 in the morning! so what are your overall thoughts on AC2

Dudebag
11-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Ok my thoughts on Assassins Creed 2 are that it was a good game, definately a huge improvement on AC1 but it isnt among the greates video games have to offer.

In both the Assassins Creeds the controls were excellent and the bare gameplay mechanics are brilliant, they both could use a few improvements to the stealth gameplay but all in all the rest of the gameplay mechanics are fine. We all know the mission structure in AC1 was horrible and AC2 is a huge improvement in this area but it still leaves somthing to be desired, the Assassinations have such a big lead up but the execution feels rather sloppy, there is minimal planning that you need to do and almost all the Assassinations involve you jumping your target in plain sight in front of everyone. The side missions also suffer from repeditiveness but unfortunately that is usually the case with sandbox games like Assassins Creed or Prototype with the GTA series being the only games i have seen to be able to pull it off without being too repedetive. The story isnt all that great either, it surely isnt the masterpiece everyone claims it to be. Sure ill admit that the story has a few clever elements to it but the finished product comes off as pretty cheesy.

In short AC2 is good but not great and i give it an 8/10