PDA

View Full Version : Explosions

HotelBushranger
01-03-2005, 06:30 AM
Does anybody else think the chances of exploding when landing are a tad unrealistic? E.g., just then I ran out of fuel, so I went to land, also with empty guns. The moment I touched the floor, BANG! im gone. And that seems to happen A LOT. Whats going on with this, I doubt this is what woulda happened in RL, otherwise there woulda been a lot more crashes.

Heavy_Weather
01-03-2005, 07:30 AM
you gotta hold your mouth just right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Latico
01-03-2005, 11:02 AM
Maybe you are coming in too hot on your approach, or too steep and collapsing your undercarriage.

Exploding on landing usually means you touched down too hard.

deltorro
01-03-2005, 11:05 AM
But you have to figure, if there is no gas left, and no ammo, what's left to explode?

MrQBerrt
01-03-2005, 02:31 PM
An empty gas container is much more volitile than a full one as it is full of gas fumes. Gasoline will not ignite until it is mixed with a lot of air (you might have had a grade-school science demontration showing this). The result of this is that the safest container of gas is a full one. That said, I agree that the planes explode very easily. However, I have no metric by which to test if this is realistic or not.