PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Tomb: Visitazione's/Can't do it???

shimpaku
01-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I just canít DO IT! I canít even get to the first jump off of the wall at the start to the first extended pressure sensitive rod!
For the life of me I canít seem to make a jump off of a wall and go to the right or the left!

The pop up instructional screen says: ADAVNCED WALL JUMP Ė While running up a wall USE LS and PRESS A to JUMP in the chosen direction To date Iíve tried this jump well over 100 times and it ALWAYS fails! Thatís not even counting the numerous times Iíve practiced this jump in other areas before again trying this damn Assassins Tomb! Iíve conquered all the others and just about everything else but this jump totally alludes me and I CANíT do it!

If I run up a wall while pressing the A button, let go, and I then press A again, I simply jump backwards which is as it should be (which is obviously quite easy as Iíve had to do that at times in the other Assassins Tombs). If I KEEP my finger on the A button while running up a wall and then press the LS (to left or right) while jumping up a wall I simply fall down and get nowhere! Just what the hell am I doing wrong??

Here is a link to how it is done, for what little good it is doing me, seeing that I canít even make the FIRST jump from the colored directional section on the wall to the extended pressure sensitive rod!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...OEM4&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4&feature=related)

Abeonis
01-27-2010, 04:27 AM
I found an easy way to do it is as follows (for Xbox 360) : High profile sprint up the wall (R2 + A), let go of all buttons except R2 at the height of the run, then flick and hold the movement stick left and quickly press 'A' again... make sure you do these two lsat movements before Ezio starts falling, and you should get it.

shimpaku
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
I found an easy way to do it is as follows (for Xbox 360) : High profile sprint up the wall (R2 + A), let go of all buttons except R2 at the height of the run, then flick and hold the movement stick left and quickly press 'A' again... make sure you do these two lsat movements before Ezio starts falling, and you should get it.

Thanks for the reply. I do not at all doubt that you can make this wall jump to left or right however, Iím still a tad confused with your answer. Iím assuming by R2 that youíre referring to RT (Right Trigger)? Also, to jump up a wall you first have to be at least one or two steps away from the wall and then press RT (Right Trigger) while also having the LS (Left Stick) moved forward (towards the wall obviously! lol) and then pressing the A button.

If I do the above and then jump up the wall, let go of everything except the RT , then quickly press the A button while moving the LS to the (in this instance) right 99% of the time I simply push myself off the wall and go backwards. In this particular Assassins Tomb sequence, falling just ONCE blows it because of that damnable timer! GrrrrÖÖand this is the last one I have to do!

Abeonis
01-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:

Thanks for the reply. I do not at all doubt that you can make this wall jump to left or right however, Iím still a tad confused with your answer. Iím assuming by R2 that youíre referring to RT (Right Trigger)? Also, to jump up a wall you first have to be at least one or two steps away from the wall and then press RT (Right Trigger) while also having the LS (Left Stick) moved forward (towards the wall obviously! lol) and then pressing the A button.

If I do the above and then jump up the wall, let go of everything except the RT , then quickly press the A button while moving the LS to the (in this instance) right 99% of the time I simply push myself off the wall and go backwards. In this particular Assassins Tomb sequence, falling just ONCE blows it because of that damnable timer! GrrrrÖÖand this is the last one I have to do! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I haven't played the game in a couple of weeks so I can't remember the exact key for High Profile. But simply yes, what you've said is how to do it. If you make sure you've got the LS to the right before you press 'A' it should work.

Sometimes it freaks out and sends you flying backwards again, but it doesn't happen all that often. Just gotta practice before you do it.

shimpaku
01-27-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis: Sorry, I haven't played the game in a couple of weeks so I can't remember the exact key for High Profile. But simply yes, what you've said is how to do it. If you make sure you've got the LS to the right before you press 'A' it should work.

Sometimes it freaks out and sends you flying backwards again, but it doesn't happen all that often. Just gotta practice before you do it.

Thanks! You just hit on one very important thing that I was not paying attention to. You must hit the LS (left or right) BEFORE you hit the A button!

shimpaku
01-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Damn!! It took me almost 4 days to get through this assassins tomb but I finally did it! I've never spent so much time in the water!

Hey..did anybody stick around to see that giant octopus? If you just stand by the right side after setting the timer and then do it one more time it comes up from the depths and then reaches up to grab Ezio! It's a cut scene and it never gets him! Pretty wild albeit it really has nothing whatsoever to do with you getting to the tomb. Just something a little crazy that the programmers though in for the hell of it.

blakey1975
01-29-2010, 08:46 AM
this tomb is quite hard,but wen u get use to wall jump u find u breeze through it.thing i found was run the wall and jump press a then move left stick to the right or left and then he swings,i like this tomb and thought the other one in venice was gud to tricky but great

fcornersshooter
01-31-2010, 12:18 PM
you must be on rhe right side of the ledge, but not at the very edge(or you go to the right and fall off)

zipitydo
02-01-2010, 08:08 PM
It is comforting to realize that others have had difficulty getting through this tomb. Through perseverance I have managed all the other challenges in this game. However, after many hours, I have yet to finish. It is really frustrating. I tried the suggestions mentioned here and they help a little, but not enough. I have a PS3 and find that the controller is very sensitive and the game software is very tight at a few critical places. My hand/eye coordination is just not good enough to produce the consistency needed to move perfectly around the course. I can do the moves, just not fast enough or perfect enough. I can do all the wall run side jumps pretty well except the shield. The shield many times results in a back jump. I have really enjoyed the game up to this point, but am now really frustrated. Have any of you PS3 players had a problem?

shimpaku
02-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm a tad confused by your reference to the shield? It hasn't been all that long since I got through this tomb but I can't for the life of me remember where you have to jump from a shield nor do I even recollect one.

sebjb77
02-02-2010, 06:16 AM
this is by far the hardest tomb. it took me 45 mins non stop trying. obtaining altiers armour as a reward is all well worth it though. it looks cool increases your life bar and never needs repairing. tips i found worked for me:

just push forward, run and x (ps3) and etzio will just sprint straight up the 1st section to the right wall jump. when you are up the wall push right FIRST then x (not together and not before). if you fall in re set timer.

for the shield part dont try too hard. i found if you run up the shield a bit and push right then x he will either jump up onto the ledge or at worst grab and hang and then climb up. if you fall in the water swim around the post climb up and do again, no need to go back and re-set timer. i found you have enough time to fall in 2 or 3 times.

3rd wall jump. again just push forward run and x so he sprints and jumps with out you having to stear him. same wall jump push right 1st and then x. im pretty sure you can make this jump with out wall jumpimg any way, its just a bit slower.

you are now in the 2nd half of the room. this part is much easier, just a case of free running. steer, forward, run and x. let etzio do the work.
if you fall in there are blocks/steps to your left, climb them and you will be back at the single pole jump.
clear it and get on to the ledge. turn left back on your self, jump to ledge, left round again and onto the a pole and swing on to the all important pole which has been on the timer. swing onto last ledge and theres the lever. done!! drop down get seal.

indepth description i know but a very hard level im sure you will agree. hope this helps.

tips: re- set time if you fall in on the 1st part(3 pole jump )

just push foward run x (3 pole and 1st wall jump)

dont start agin if you fall in on the shield part. just climb up and do again. (you have time)

same on the 2nd section of room. if you fall in just climb steps and carry on.

dont let the ticking phase you. even when it a louder and knocking sound ( you still have time.)

zipitydo
02-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Hey thanks for the tips and encouragement. I have spent a lot of time in the water. I generally go back and re-set or at least practice the area a bit. You are really fast to have time to fall in the water and still finish. Even if I don't fall in the water, I am unable to finish. I found that I must take the time to line up perfectly in a few spots and this takes precious seconds. Otherwise I am in the drink. I have been turning the sound off so it doesn't distract me. I will keep working at this baby. I am getting to know every area very well. I can get the first three bars set, but have yet to make it to the fourth. I have probably spent 10 hours. I am envious of the 45 minutes. I really appreciate the in-depth description.

shimpaku
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
If you would care for a video run through of it just let me know.

zipitydo
02-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I just beat the level. I set aside 3 hours today and was determined to finish. Your encouragement inspired me on. Whew!!!! It was just by a hair, but I made it around. The suggestions by you all really helped. The most important was to push the L button to the side BEFORE the jump button X on my PS3. Thank you so much for the assistance. I can hardly wait to get the cape. Ezio lives on. What's next? I want to go kill some brutes.

shimpaku
02-02-2010, 10:01 PM
lol....glad ya made it. Once you learn that damnable wall jump it's not all that bad but still a tad unnerving!

You'll still take damage as for health in fighting with the Altair armor but at least you will no longer have to repair it.

zipitydo
02-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Yea, that armor is really cool. I took on a bunch of guards just to see how well it works. I like the new sword. I have 780K florins and don't know what to spend them on. I am going back to cities and finish a few assassinations and other stuff. I want to savor the last few sequences. I haven't played AC1, so will probably go back and hope they hurry up with AC3. I am sure they will get my $ for the new DLC.

silversnake4133
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Is it bad that this tomb is actually my favorite one? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Well, aside from the Basillica one in Florence.

Sambo_Slava
03-13-2010, 06:45 PM
The problem is the user interface for 3rd person games generally sucks.

You never know when directional commands perception shift from the user's perspective to the avatar's.

I prefer 1st person perspective any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Hidden-Gunman
03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
Ummm...got to ask the question:

I've gone up the pilon things, got onto the first rod then onto the ledge...but where to from there? I keep trying to get to that rod on the left, but drop short. Am I going in the wrong direction entirely?

BramMeijer
03-30-2010, 06:08 AM
This Advanced Jump is probably doable on PS3 or XBox - but a real b*tch on PC: no joystick type controller on my mouse or keyboard.

Also REALLY frustating that in these kind of scenes straightforward is actually left or right (or just the opposite or even backwards).

NOTE TO DEVELOPERS: test this on ALL platforms, please.

When you run, you have to press forward, THEN left (or right, you can only guess) and THEN jump? How many fingers and keys you think we got and are able to manage at any given time (under time stress)?
Hate you guys for that!

shimpaku
03-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Just one of the many reasons I'll NEVER again play a game on a PC. Last time was about 8 years ago and I've never regretted the decision. Keyboard's are for typing....not playing video games. Give me a console any day.

uneek2005
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Just one of the many reasons I'll NEVER again play a game on a PC. Last time was about 8 years ago and I've never regretted the decision. Keyboard's are for typing....not playing video games. Give me a console any day.

Lol, you do know you can use a controller to play PC games right? The only games I use Keyboard and mouse for are FPS.

Alex_HS
03-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by BramMeijer:
This Advanced Jump is probably doable on PS3 or XBox - but a real b*tch on PC.

The bad thing about it are the camera angles... the jump itself is easy, and i found the 2 secrets in this tomb too.

shimpaku
03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by uneek2005:

Lol, you do know you can use a controller to play PC games right? The only games I use Keyboard and mouse for are FPS.

Yes, I realize that.
But yet, many post as to their collective problems with the keyboard and the accompanying moves as to AC usage/moves and ergo.....my statement.

listener88
04-03-2010, 04:18 PM
This is one of the things that spoil a great game... timed areas, bad camera angles, having to do maneuvers by button mashing and then it only works about half the time correctly if you are only a fraction from where the LS should be. I doubt they ever read these forums but the next game they should leave this kind of section out since it is just way too hard compared to the first five tombs that were average to get through. They programed the last one poorly and it seems many have to spend an hour or more to get through this quagmire.

Grendall73
04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
I have several hours invested in this tomb. I can maybe get the first wall jump about 1 out of 20 times but then I get stuck at the base of the big stature you land at. I can't figure out how to get up to the ledge on the left. Other than this tomb I've loved this game.

elaine8405
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
You have to run up the giant shield the statue is holding and do a left-jump to get to the ledge. Good luck!

JohnConnor2012
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Worst about that one (other than having to grow extra fingers - PC user mutant, right?) is the misdirection at the penultimate obstacle.

I tried again and again to use that last rotating panel thingy to get up from the facing platform befopre realising I could bypass it and go round the back in time to reach the last swing bar before it was withdrawn!

xtiger
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by BramMeijer:
This Advanced Jump is probably doable on PS3 or XBox - but a real b*tch on PC: no joystick type controller on my mouse or keyboard.

Also REALLY frustating that in these kind of scenes straightforward is actually left or right (or just the opposite or even backwards).

When you run, you have to press forward, THEN left (or right, you can only guess) and THEN jump? How many fingers and keys you think we got and are able to manage at any given time (under time stress)?
Hate you guys for that!

QFT. I've been stuck on the same part of this last tomb for two days with a PC and mouse. I can occasionally make it past the first jump but it takes so long to get there that a single flub on the 2nd leap makes the tomb uncompletable for me.

Let see, to run up the wall: right mouse, w and space bar. Let go of the w and space bar as Enzio reach the top, the press d and the space bar and hope your timing was absolutely perfect.

Whatever good Altair's armour does in the game I no longer care. I'm just going to abort the sequence and live without it. It's just not worth the aggravation.

It'll last be the last title in this game series (presuming there is an Assassin's Creed 3) that I'll buy. Not unless there are major changes to the way Ubisoft ports the game. No Xbox, No Wii, No playstation in this household and no plans to add one. Oh well.

But that's just me, I've been known to be wrong.

Murcuseo
04-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by xtiger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BramMeijer:

Hate you guys for that!

QFT. I've been stuck on the same part of this last tomb for two days with a PC and mouse. I can occasionally make it past the first jump but it takes so long to get there that a single flub on the 2nd leap makes the tomb uncompletable for me.

Let see, to run up the wall: right mouse, w and space bar. Let go of the w and space bar as Enzio reach the top, the press d and the space bar and hope your timing was absolutely perfect.

Whatever good Altair's armour does in the game I no longer care. I'm just going to abort the sequence and live without it. It's just not worth the aggravation.

It'll last be the last title in this game series (presuming there is an Assassin's Creed 3) that I'll buy. Not unless there are major changes to the way Ubisoft ports the game. No Xbox, No Wii, No playstation in this household and no plans to add one. Oh well.

But that's just me, I've been known to be wrong. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait, so you're not going to buy the 3rd one because you're rubbish at playing it... oh no wait, that sounds right.

It took me a few tries but the last Tomb isn't that hard, but I suppose if you're not great at adapting to games you should stick to what you know... or maybe buy an xbox controller for your PC.

All Atairs armour does is look cool and doesn't need repaired, nothing to important... but saying you're not gona buy the 3rd game just because you can't get it is a bit dramatic lol

xtiger
04-30-2010, 11:06 AM
No, that tomb was just the straw that broke the camel's back is all. You're right the armour isn't essential to the game progress, it'd be nice to have but that's not going to happen with this play through. And I haven't missed having it yet. Abort memory works just fine. The tips in this thread were good for those with controllers and illuminating for those who don't have them. Folks with controllers seem to be far happier with the difficulty of the tomb than those without.

IMO there are far too many glitches and bugs in the PC version to want to subject myself to them in another version. But by the time the third title rolls around my memory of the annoyances may have faded by then so who knows -- but not likely. If the game was tested much on the PC it wasn't done by folks using a mouse and keyboard. A challenge in game play is a good thing, making it absurdly difficult is ... absurd. But then I also think they should have stated on the box that a console style game controller is required.

As for the comment to get a game controller, for most people that's a good idea. I, however, do not have the ability to just go get one. There are no shops in town that carry a PC compatible game controller or anywhere in the county (island) I live -- really. That means an airplane flight (yes really) to Oahu or the mainland or Newegg (etc) and paying more in shipping charges than the controller costs. Ordinarily I'd agree but not all of us live in the 48 states or urban Canada.

zuffzaffziff
07-11-2010, 09:36 AM
The 'fast' guard that I chase in the visitazione's tomb disappears after reaching the other guards checkpoint. I cant interact with the door as there are only 4 guards in that room afterwards. Please help me with this irritating glitch.

maryburns3
07-26-2010, 07:41 AM
Wall jumping on pc...I found easy....r mouse+w +space to go forward and up wall, then u must let go of mouse and just press direction a or d and jump and w. I changed a to f to jump left as it was easier. Practise anywhere and it becomes easier.

Thomusdoom
08-29-2010, 10:16 AM
horrible designed tombe. I really enjoyed the game up to this point. Maybe on the PC i get one out of 20 jumps right (the first one). By then too much time has passed and no real point in progressing futher. It feels to do the previous 5 tombes and leave this one alone but it's either that or i throw my pc out of the window.

Again big dissapointment so far.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

maryburns3
09-06-2010, 04:41 AM
On pc version, try and get the first one down and then reset the wheel again. Once you have the first one down, wall jumping is not essential to reach it next time, as it is lower, and get 2nd one done. The wall jump to the left for second one up blue pillar will always have to be done and the only really tricky part, but can be done from standing still, run up and wall jump left. Wall jumping using mouse...it is vital to not press forward on mouse to jump left or right...use only W (high mode)+ a( left) or d (right) and spacebar (jump)It is worth trying again to get Altair's armour and sword.

hpoonis2010
09-20-2010, 05:26 AM
I am afraid I have to agree with those who are having a problem with the directional jumping. It is a pain in the arse to get the timimg right.

I have been in the water so many times and am f**ked off with the whole concept of that movement. It is beginning to spoil my enjoyment of this title.

When you couple that with the fact that it is timed also...I sincerely hope Ubi dont include this **** in the next effort.

Once again (just for effect)... bad f**king show!

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

JohnConnor2012
09-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Surprised this thread has revived, esp. as the wall jumpng questions are answered on p.1.

Actually, I found the next difficult jump, from the statue to the wall opposite, more annoying on PC as you get screwed by the camera and have to walk Ezio about a little to get him at the right angle for the next jump in sequence.

I found this one pretty annopyimng first time though--esp. the misdirection near the end--but that makes it all the more satisfying to complete in the end.

trexz990
11-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Well I also found the advanced wall jump impossible to do. Very frustrating indeed. After reading a few of these forum entries I tried again and wonder of wonders I got thru it! Here are the keystrokes I used. W and right mouse and space bar to jump up wall. During jump or at its peak let go of all those keys including mouse and press D and space bar to jump right. A and space bar to jump left. Multiple times quickly if need be. Once I figured this out it took maybe 5 minutes to get thru it. Hope this helps someone out there who is about ready to assassinate his or her PC.

keenhealz
11-26-2010, 12:07 AM
ok for me the first 2 are easy its just after the shield jump is a bugger for me, i keep doing the advance jump up wall then go right and in the drink over and over, did this for 2 hours and still in the water lol and advice on how to get past this is wonderful, oh i'm on a ps3 btw

tedsini
01-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Here's a Visitazione's Secret problem that I haven't seen here. I have the wall jumping down, no problem there. My problem is that when I jump to a pole, about half the time I just hang there. I can wait until my character stops moving, or not. I can hold the right-mouse, W and spacebar buttons continuously or I can press them at any time and in any order. It doesn't seem to matter. It just takes a while for my machine to allow me to jump to the next wall, ledge or wherever. The real pain is that while I'm hanging there, sometimes I get the graphic of the swinging bar swinging out of place, so that when I get toward the end and you need that bar to swing to the final section, its not there and I wind up in the water. It's playoff time in the NFL and I feel like punting my PC out the window. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.

allcookies
01-28-2011, 11:47 AM
From a noob's perspective:

Rather difficult. Have tried for 1h so far, to no avail. San Marco was much easier. This challenge has not been designed with a noob in mind. It would be great, if there was an "easy" setting to allow for noobs to finish with less precise controller movements.

I got my PS3 about 1.5 months ago, and just cannot operate the PS3 controller precisely enough to master this tomb. I'm at the point where my objective is to "Open the door" with a timed run using wall side jumps.

The first time I tried I somehow managed to do the side jumps, but not fast enough. Since then I have tried for 1h, and now I can't even get past the second side jump anymore because ... my hands are shaking ... lol.

This is the last tomb, and I very much want to complete it. It would be great to have a checkpoint at the beginning of this timed run to enable the user to quit the tomb at this point, and continue trying the timed run later. Since I don't want to start all over again fighting the guards, I'll leave the game running in pause mode until I'm ready to continue. I hope after this timed run the rest of the tomb will be easier... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'll report back when I have managed to finish the tomb.

allcookies
01-28-2011, 02:20 PM
After a 1h break I'm in my second session of trying it, and am getting as far as the guy with the shield now.

Advice for other noobs like me: don't keep on trying for more than 20 times. Take a break (1h or more) and do something else for a while. Then get back to the game and try again. If you keep on trying, your motor control will become more and more sluggish as your system becomes flushed with adrenalin due to the frustration. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

allcookies
01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I got it. In the 3rd session. And the time had not even run out.

The key is not to keep on trying to oblivion until you lose your hand eye coordination, or your controller becomes sweaty or so. If you are too frustrated, it won't work. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Wait until you're calmer again. Then you'll find that your motor skills are much more precise.

To all who are reading this and having the same problems as I did, good luck to you. The timed run is the only challenge in this tomb. When it's over, you've made it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

allcookies
01-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Btw: Altair's armor is worth struggling for. It just helped me get the "Street cleaner" trophy:

climbed up Basilica San Marco, took out all the guards, then threw them over the railing onto the plaza. Climbed back downstairs and started carrying them to the conveniently located hay stack on the plaza. That attracted more guards. As long as you keep carrying them to the hay stack, the supply of guards won't run out for a while. Just make sure you use smoke bombs on the brutes if you're a noob like me and can't take them on.

And I was able to keep fighting because the armor somehow did not take damage.

So keep on trying the tomb. That fun with the guards alone made it worth for me.

MaskedReaper
01-28-2011, 11:50 PM
Visitazione (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4)
This mission is actually quite easy.
The only thing difficult is trying to catch the scout guard on the run, since first time play through he can easily get away from you.

Things you need to practice.
1. Running up wall and then jump to the left or right and grabbing onto a poll.
2. Running and jumping and grabbing onto a pole and swing and letting go and landing onto the next poll or platform in swift motion...stopping dead is a failed motion swing.

One thing I find you can do faster is when you start to 'climb up a pole' after 'handing from a pole' is that during the animation of climbing up it can be 'cancelled' into another run and jump animation or wall run.
The animation of 'kneeling and climbing up a pole'(One leg is up a pole or ledge and the other leg is hanging free off the pole or platform and not quite two feet onto the plateform yet) can be 'cancelled into another jump' depending which direction you want to go...either run up the wall or jump across to the next pole or plateform.

I actually figure this animation cancelling after playing quite a few times that you can do this.
It makes 'races' SO MUCH quicker and easier to get to your mark on time.
I say again => You need to watch the animation of Ezio just as he climbs 'ONE FOOT' and then quickly cancel it into another jump 'before' the second foot touches the pole, ledge or platform as he can get off quicker.

tedsini
01-29-2011, 07:39 AM
I had the same problem playing through this sequence; it took me forever. I should mention that I play on a PC. I finally noticed a couple of things. First, when you jump onto a wall, you should take your fingers entirely off the "W" key before switching it to the "D" key. You have a part of a second when you are hanging on the wall, so you do have the time to do this. This breaks the forward momentum and allows you to easily make the sideways jump. There are several points at which you must jump to the side and if you miss one, the whole sequence is ruined and it's another do-over. Second, be sure to let go of the poles just after the bottom of you swing. If you don't let go at the correct time, you find yourself hanging on a pole, unable to proceed unless you begin another swing and hit the release button (shift, on the PC). Finally, keep monitoring how far you get. The key is the last swinging pole. After a while you'll hit it. And relax; Allcookies (above) is right; you have to take a break and keep you hand-eye coordination working. Good Luck.

AbbeyMaine
03-02-2011, 07:01 AM

I much prefer playing PC games with keyboard+mouse over any console out there. It is not the keyboard or the mouse that is a problem. It's lazy programmers and cost saving game developers who can't or won't make sure that games work on all platforms. ACII is hell on the PC. Not because of the PC, but because of ACII and Ubisoft. See how that works?

ShrunkLawyer0
12-27-2012, 08:26 PM
well this is the ****tiest made level i have ever seen

Assassin_M
12-27-2012, 10:03 PM
well this is the ****tiest made level i have ever seen
You just suck at it... doesn't mean it`s ****...Quite the opposite..

j.f.luteijn
05-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I have a problem with the octopus; it doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Julius

Black_Widow9
05-11-2014, 03:15 AM
I have a problem with the octopus; it doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong?

Julius
Hello,
Have you tried this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsnzplkHkiY

It looks like after you pull the handle, you have to stand there for a little bit watching the water. ;)