PDA

View Full Version : Natal for AC3?

Abeonis
12-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Now, before anybody starts posting links to the wishlist thread, this isn't a fanboy thread blabbing at how I want Natal in Assassin's Creed III, I'm actually not entirely sure that it would be a good thing for the series; I am interested in other peoples opinions though.

What do you think then; would Natal be a welcome sight for the next game? I mean, I can imagine the pleasure one would get from acting out a hidden blade assassination, then picking up the body and dumping it... that would really make me feel involved. However, with things like free-running I can imagine it would be difficult to get it working full stop, let alone seamlessly.

I've made a poll on the matter so we can get a good, initial view on peoples opinions on the matter, although explanations would be appreciated.

Realjambo
12-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Strictly speaking, this does belong in the AC Wishlist Thread.

Adding a Poll does not excuse or preserve posts that belong in existing threads

I'm prepared to see how it fares however, given it's the the holiday season - but me mindful it may be closed as we go on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mikeh1294
12-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Not. I have a PS3, so that rules me out, I think Natal will only be used for exclusives. And I don't think they want to make 2 games.

But the game is a bit too complex, and quite frankly, I don't think many people will be able to jump that far :P The fighting would be harder as well, as I can't see many people countering that well.

Abeonis
12-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Realjambo:
Strictly speaking, this does belong in the AC Wishlist Thread.

Adding a Poll does not excuse or preserve posts that belong in existing threads

I'm prepared to see how it fares however, given it's the the holiday season - but me mindful it may be closed as we go on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry, without trying to sound defensive, it isn't part of a 'wishlist', I just want peoples opinions on the matter... I didn't add the poll to circumvent any rules or whatnot. That said, I appreciate you keeping it open http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jimbo11235813
12-28-2009, 03:45 PM
I said no because I think of Natal as the Xbox advanced (highly advanced I must say) version of the eye toy, a good laugh round someone's house, but would never buy it. Specifically with AC3 (and many other game), Natal is meant to be a 'controllerless' product which makes it near impossible to identify complex actions like acting out a hidden blade, free-running and sword fighting.

PS3 wireless motion controller coming out next year however reduces these problems, but still won't eliminate them.

(Might be biased as I own a PS3 and not an xbox.)

P.S. Both products are more for party games similar to what the wii already has, although I'd love to play medieval combat games with the PS3 motion controller (PS3 graphics with gameplay similar to the wii).

TheEpicWolf
12-28-2009, 05:41 PM
No. I have a PS3 so that wouldn't help the PS3 version and i don't think camera software should be used for a game like AC. Although i've heard Natal is imense.

caswallawn_2k7
12-28-2009, 06:03 PM
no to natal, all the devs are saying it suffers massively from lag for movement response, lack of precision (not helped by point 1) and lack of buttons, basically making it a slightly more advanced version of the PS2 eyetoy.

as for the people saying no because it would rule out the PS3, did none of you notice the PS3 wand, high speed millimetre perfect motion control with the added ability of having pretty much a full set of buttons over the control system, most dev teams are loving the PS3 wand from the news that is going round.

also the PS3 wand is due out early 2010 with project natal possibly going to totally miss 2010.

MrNussbaum
12-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Good god I hope not.

ToKillInPeace
12-28-2009, 06:34 PM
um, I'm a noob here, what exactly is "Natal"?

caswallawn_2k7
12-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by ToKillInPeace:
it's Microsoft's new control system for the 360 that will use no control and just use a camera similar to how the eyetoy worked on the PS2.

the amolang
12-28-2009, 06:44 PM
haha, i bet most of the "no"s are from people with ps3s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

ToKillInPeace
12-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ToKillInPeace:
it's Microsoft's new control system for the 360 that will use no control and just use a camera similar to how the eyetoy worked on the PS2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh haha thanks!

And yea, being a 360 owner, I don't think I'd like that at all for AC3, lol

So you're wrong amolang!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

trickybuz93
12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
It would be cool if you could do like the normal jumping roofs and walking and whatever with a control and then assissinate people with Natal by aiming your hand or dragging people down etc.

caswallawn_2k7
12-28-2009, 07:22 PM
@tricky: that is the main flaw with it, we are in no way ready for games to go entirely controller-less that is if it can ever be done efficiently at all.

MrNussbaum
12-28-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
haha, i bet most of the "no"s are from people with ps3s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

not mine.

the amolang
12-28-2009, 08:04 PM
what do you mean by hybrid? if you mean mixed controls between natal and a regular controller, I guess I could see that working... but I would probably still say no

cooldude6681
12-28-2009, 11:07 PM
No way. I greatly enjoy sitting back and relaxing when I play my video games. If I want to move around when playing a game, I'll hang out with a friend who's got a Wii.

mikeh1294
12-29-2009, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
no to natal, all the devs are saying it suffers massively from lag for movement response, lack of precision (not helped by point 1) and lack of buttons, basically making it a slightly more advanced version of the PS2 eyetoy.

as for the people saying no because it would rule out the PS3, did none of you notice the PS3 wand, high speed millimetre perfect motion control with the added ability of having pretty much a full set of buttons over the control system, most dev teams are loving the PS3 wand from the news that is going round.

also the PS3 wand is due out early 2010 with project natal possibly going to totally miss 2010.

But as I said, I doubt the Development team will want to make two different games.

DeuxAC
12-29-2009, 06:02 AM
I defiantly say Hybrid. I would want to try it out, but I have a feeling in the end I may not like it. Sometimes I just want to sit down and play.

Abeonis
12-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by amolang:
what do you mean by hybrid? if you mean mixed controls between natal and a regular controller, I guess I could see that working... but I would probably still say no

Yes, hybrid is a combination of controller and Natal. I do see why people would not like Natal in the game, although it is not beyond our capability to design a controller that fits with in Natal's motion-sensing scheme at all.

Also, a side note, I don't see how all you PS3 users sayin "no" really has any bearing on this? Even if Ubisoft decided to use Natal, it wouldn't affect you at all anyways.

caswallawn_2k7
12-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Also, a side note, I don't see how all you PS3 users sayin "no" really has any bearing on this? Even if Ubisoft decided to use Natal, it wouldn't affect you at all anyways.
I have a PS3 and a 360 and wouldn't touch natal if I was paid to, if I want to play with the eyetoy I will get my PS2 out and save the $100+ MS wants for natal.

BK-110
12-29-2009, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't want to blend motion control into a series like Assassin's Creed, simply because it would be completely unnecessary and wouldn't add anything to the experience. I'd especially say so about Natal, because it's too inaccurate and unresponsive (let's remember a certain avatar that wanted to see his shoe's sole) and would likely only add unnecessary frustration.If accuracy was the only problem, the PS3's motion controller might be a possibility, but it would still be just as unnecessary.

Ringquelle
12-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Though I wouldn't want to use Natal for the fighting and walking, I reckon it would be cool to use for the puzzles. In that case it would be nice if the puzzles could be designed specifically for use with Natal.

taz838838
12-30-2009, 07:04 AM
if i wanted to jump about like a monkey, I would do it somewhere else than my bedroom http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif