PDA

View Full Version : force feedback joysticks

jessi1
05-09-2005, 05:52 AM
Do you guys use forcefeedback joysticks such as the logitech force 3d stick or others, and if so what model. Is there a way to turn off the forcefeedback if you choose to and just fly with it regularly. I want to know if it throws off your aiming when firing, it seems like this might happen. Also to those that have the ch fighterstick usb how do you set your x and y axis sensitivity to match your in game pitch and roll settings, this joystick has way to many directions on setting it up, and all i need to know is the sensitivity for the pitch and roll, why doesnt my game recognize my joystick when i plug it in(green square over red square in input) is the 1x1 and 1y1 the slot that i have to place my curve numbers in. Any one have a lot of trouble setting up the ch stick, i paid over a 100$ for the stick then i need to be a genius to set the dam thing up, any ideas on how to set this stick up easily for simple buttons(firing,flaps,views, and especially the x and y axis sensetivity). This company is a good joystick company but im pissed that its so hard to set it up and figure out,and by the look of there forums im not alone here. Any help would be appreciated(step 1 do this, step 2 do this etc, etc)

major_setback
05-09-2005, 06:31 AM
All I know is that you can turn the FF off in 'INPUTS' under 'HARDWARE SETUP' in the FB/PF in-game settings. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rnzoli
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by jessi1:
Do you guys use forcefeedback joysticks such as the logitech force 3d stick or others, and if so what model. Is there a way to turn off the forcefeedback if you choose to and just fly with it regularly. I want to know if it throws off your aiming when firing, it seems like this might happen.

Logitech Wingman 3D.

Can turn off FFB many different ways, and fly regularly without FFB then.

FFB has a slightly negative impact on aiming = you have to hold the stick firmly. If you find this difficult, the FFB strengh can be reduced in a number of steps by the joystick driver software. I did not have to: the recoil effect of the gun firing also throws the aiming off course even without FFB, and the same is true for poor quality potentiometers in the Logitech joystick.