PDA

View Full Version : launch commands il2 series

Cpt_JCDenton
12-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Is anyone aware on how to launch il2 et al into a multiplayer game?

e.g. launching command parameters like

-client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxxx

[-client ip port]

or

-server xxxx

[-server port]

is this standard for the entire sim series?

thanx all

dieg777
12-08-2004, 09:55 AM
see http://www.airwarfare.com/
for tips especially luckyboys faq

Cpt_JCDenton
12-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanx
I posted a new thread on their forum asking pretty much what I asked here [how to launch an il2 game into multiplayer, specifying the server]

All we can do now is wait...

Troll2k
12-08-2004, 03:12 PM
I must be missing your point.Just start the game.Click on multiplayer.Click on join.Input ip of the server.

Or

Click on multiplayer.Click on create.fill out info for df or coop and click start.Give you ip to those you want to join.

Or

Get a server browser.Like Hyperlobby,All Seeing Eye,or use the Ubi.com that came with the game.

Cpt_JCDenton
12-08-2004, 03:31 PM
You hit the nail on the head!

I need the same commands that hyperlobby and the All seeing Eye etc use....

for a reason that must be pretty obvious by now...

thanx all

antifreeze
12-08-2004, 03:49 PM
I bet they (HL + ASE) use a dll rather than a command line switch.

Cpt_JCDenton
12-09-2004, 08:03 AM
hmm that shouldn't be a problem...
Tho somehow they must have found out... maddox didn't supply documentation concerning such isues I take it?

antifreeze
12-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Don't know, but can you imagine 800 players using UBI Game service every weekend? It makes good sense to ensure that the popular gaming 'gateways' support your game, so that more people buy it.

Maybe Jiri (Hyperlobby) will give you some help if you ask him? As far as I know he isn't making money from Hyperlobby, so he might tell you what you need to do or who you need to contact at 1C?

Cpt_JCDenton
12-09-2004, 04:28 PM
That also offers a good reason to make sure the info is widely available... ...or I'm just not looking hard enough.

If I am not successful in my searches I will contact Maddox / Hyperlobby but I didn't want to email them before looking as they'll probably have enough on their minds.

All the popular services have nothing to fear, at least from my app. I just felt like editing my existing app which launches the original Rainbow 6 to fit the il2 series.

It allows you to enter the lobby, create a room - possibly passworded, and launch a server with all members in your custom room joining....

antifreeze
12-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Sounds great. Good luck.
I guess by the lack of response you could safely say the info is not readily available. Maybe Starshoy and others might know something about it across at SimHQ forums; they are incredibly helpful. Also check out the dedicated-server and the device-link commands. Might be something useful in there somewhere.