PDA

View Full Version : Can't torch certain towers.

Six_Gun
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I've run into a problem where I mark a nearby shop, but when I climb the nearest Borgia tower to torch it, I cannot torch it by the time I get to the torches, even at night when they're lit. The white flashing highlights on the tower disappear rather quickly after marking the shop.

I looked for info in the manual but there's nothing about it. I've been able to mark shops in other areas and climb a tower right after and torch it just fine. One I had to go back and mark the shop again. What the heck does it take to do this? I'm trying to renovate a fair amount of shops to get some income going. It also makes the city look better as I navigate through it.

Do you have to take out the nearby Templar to have access to torching a tower? What gives?

Jsun87
03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
You must first kill the Borgia General that controls the area around the tower. Simply marking the tower doesn't let you torch it. If you fail to kill the general, for example he runs away, you must wait till the next shift for him to come back.

Once you kill the general the tower will be lit permanently until you torch it.

Six_Gun
03-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah I discovered that in playing some more. Had a couple towers go easy, one with a simple ledge drop assassinate on the tower guard. One near some ruins was giving me pains though. It's one where the tower guard is below ground and runs like hell when you get anywhere near him. I mistakenly thought I'd killed him the first try because his icon disappeared, then I realized the next try he likes to play track star and take of. Got him though.

I'll have the city looking spif eventually. I'm getting close to $2000 every 20 min on income so it should start building up soon. Seems I spend everything I make so far though.