PDA

View Full Version : Sequence 10 - Mission 06 : TWO BIRDS ONE BLADE

rravennc
02-07-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm stuck and need help. I'm trying to do the "Two Birds One Blade" mission and cannot climb the tower. I've tried following the help tutorial and cannot grasp the ledges when I should after the first leap/climb. I've been all over that stupid tower. I have the advanced climbing skills and cannot grasp anything.

How do I get past this?

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 04:03 PM
By climbing it! Sorry, I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I don't remember having any problem whatsoever in climbing it so I really don't know what to tell you. You're obviously missing some grab point(s).

elaine8405
02-07-2010, 05:29 PM
rravennc,

It's too bad when people just give snarky answers instead of helping, isn't it?

Anyway, instead of trying to walk you through it, I found a video that might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lij26hW6qbk Skip to 3:20 to get to the tower climb. Good luck!

rravennc
02-07-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm doing EXACTLY what the videos and everything show. There is nothing to grab, seriously - it's like the ledge on the window sill is missing or something. Wonder if anyone else had this trouble?

the amolang
02-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Interesting. There are a couple of the big towers in the game that are kind of glitchy and won't always let you past a certain part (I find it happens mainly around corners) but then if you go back some and go at it again its no problem...

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by elaine8405:
rravennc,

It's too bad when people just give snarky answers instead of helping, isn't it?

If you are referring to me I was not giving a "snarky" answer! I pointed out quite clearly that I was in no way trying to be sarcastic and if I could have been more specific in trying to help him out with a detailed answer I can assure you I certainly would have done so.

However, what is "snarky" is being too quick too judge people and accuse them of being so. Could we please, if possible, refrain from such unkind remarks without any merit? Other than that, I'm certainly glad that you found a most helpful video that may possibly help him out. If I had access to it I most certainly would have passed it on to him as I have done numerous times here in the past with others in need of help.

elaine8405
02-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Have you tried aborting the memory and starting that mission over? It would be a pain, I know, but maybe that will fix the glitch. Just a thought. This isn't an issue I've encountered, though I have come across one tower that, as amolang said, won't let you pass around a corner & that's a pain to keep trying, but I've gotten it through five game plays.

I hope this works out for you, rravennc.

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
Interesting. There are a couple of the big towers in the game that are kind of glitchy and won't always let you past a certain part (I find it happens mainly around corners) but then if you go back some and go at it again its no problem...

Thanks amalang. That is more or less what I was trying to convey albeit it may not haven come off like that. Simply meaning, that he is missing a grab on ledge/protrusion. Nothing more....nothing less.

rravennc, many times there is a crevice on the corners that you must grab on to to get to the other side. Also, any kind of metal vertical black steel bar can be a grab on point. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it.

rravennc
02-07-2010, 09:07 PM
Oh yes, I've tried just about *everything* except for the memory restart. I was hoping to avoid that as, well, since I couldn't climb the stupid tower, I finished some other things. FFS, I do not want to have to do that last freakin' tomb over again, lol.

Thanks all. I'll play the sequence over and see what happens. Keep ya posted.

Jagglenutts
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
I found that if you try and do a leaping grab, and then fall back to your starting position (assuming you didn't grab any ledge above you) it will often reset your grip on that ledge and allow you to keep climbing. This worked for me when I got stuck traversing a corner of the tower in front of the Doges palazzo.

shimpaku
02-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I seriously doubt that this is your problem, however, a person today had a lot of trouble just doing the beginning with "Sibling Rivalry". According to him he tried 150 times before he realized that he had a faulty controller.

Seeing that you obviously had to acquire the new climbing technique from Rosa in climbing the Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari you could possibly go back there and try climbing it again. That way you would not be under the pressure, as it were, of doing this current mission. Keep us informed as to how it goes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

mr_snerdly
06-22-2010, 03:54 PM
I am having the exact same problem as rravennc, and Ubisoft has not offered any solutions. Does anyone know how to fix this bug, or if anything can be done to get around it? I am using an Xbox 360...thanks..

zaidiman
06-25-2010, 07:46 AM
dude, try re-installing it. Believe me i'm a com expert. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

GoranRajn
07-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by rravennc:
I'm stuck and need help. I'm trying to do the "Two Birds One Blade" mission and cannot climb the tower. I've tried following the help tutorial and cannot grasp the ledges when I should after the first leap/climb. I've been all over that stupid tower. I have the advanced climbing skills and cannot grasp anything.

How do I get past this?

I had the same problem,but i managed to resolve it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif this is what to do: when you make jump,press and hold shift and Ezio will grab window,do the same with every next big jump... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

colan33
07-15-2010, 03:15 AM
Rosa has the answer as mentioned by another user!!!

Learn and u shall overcome!