PDA

View Full Version : Steps backward from the last Splinter Cell game.

Wrath1011
04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
>Excessive regenerating health (moreso than in DA)
>Sam Fisher looks and acts like he's 25 when he's supposed to be pushing 50.
>Can't hide bodies
>No sound meter
>No light meter
>No shoulder swapping the camera
>Only one vision mode available for goggles
>Whistling has been removed
>AI not as sophisicated as Chaos Theory's (less atmospheric AI, AI isn't as good at searching for you and making you feel accomplished when you successfully hide from them)
>Guards are pretty much consistently on high alert because you can't hide bodies. Have fun doing the co-op no-detection missions.
>No more stalking animation
>On that note, no more sneaking animations at all
>No more knife
>Only one speed of moving while crouching - briskly
>No more interrogating (interrogating is back but only to further the plot in scripted events, no more funny/useful interrogations with random guards that increase immersion)
>No more "codec" conversations with your support team
>Team banter is gone
>Encourages shooting and killing everything (Mark and Execute is the most obvious example of this)
>No more witty, dry humor Sam Fisher complaining about his age
>A lot more "voice actor awkwardly trying to channel Jack Bauer" Sam Fisher
>Lambert is dead before the game starts
>Story is essentially one massive subplot from DA without the trademark tact and disgression the other games had.
>5 hour single player campaign
>One entire mission from the campaign is a flashback to Iraq where the game doesn't allow you to use stealth.
>Spy vs. Merc multiplayer completely taken out of the game
>Demo released on Xbox Live is essentially the finished product
>You feel like the ultimate badass thanks to some generous aiming assists that let you easily put bullets into approaching enemy noggins.

What the hell is going on.

soron
04-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Yeah its an epic fail! Its painful to watch. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

tse_tsz_tun
04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
If you have seen the walkthrough on youtube or live stream, you will find that the AI is improved and smarter than the demo.

Once they find you, they will rape you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Once the alert is on, groups of people will come out and search you.
They will turn on all the light quickly as well.
They will also throw frag grenades, flash grenades.
Sometimes your CQC takedown can be canceled by opponent even in SP.

Well, the shooting engine is more like a tactical shooter,
it is good for someone who used to play ghost recon or rainbow six,
but you can still try not to shoot if you want.
(or in other hand, just use it for shooting lights or walls to distract enemy?)

But in other points, I agree with you.

soron
04-14-2010, 08:05 PM
I have been watching live streams, that is why I wrote this reply. AI still not as good as CT.

tse_tsz_tun
04-15-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by soron:
I have been watching live streams, that is why I wrote this reply. AI still not as good as CT. Player will be invisible for AI if players move from a cover to another cover...that is a big problem...

Apart from that, I think it is OK.

tse_tsz_tun
04-15-2010, 02:26 PM
May be I felt AI is alright because when I watched the walkthrough, the player didn't use the cover to cover moving system...

Since you mention it, I think it is a huge bug!

tse_tsz_tun
04-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Airport walkthrough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OZ5ZMFt3hQ

AIs can be better...especially on combat skills.
They can hear, they can see, but they are not tough enough on close combat. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

R0NI_S
04-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by tse_tsz_tun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by soron:
I have been watching live streams, that is why I wrote this reply. AI still not as good as CT. Player will be invisible for AI if players move from a cover to another cover...that is a big problem...

Apart from that, I think it is OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not true. If you're on realistic, it is pretty common to be spotted while moving from cover to cover. Normal can be pretty elusive.

ForceReconNeo
04-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Wrath1011:
>Excessive regenerating health (moreso than in DA)
>Sam Fisher looks and acts like he's 25 when he's supposed to be pushing 50.
>Can't hide bodies
>No sound meter
>No light meter
>No shoulder swapping the camera
>Only one vision mode available for goggles
>Whistling has been removed
>AI not as sophisicated as Chaos Theory's (less atmospheric AI, AI isn't as good at searching for you and making you feel accomplished when you successfully hide from them)
>Guards are pretty much consistently on high alert because you can't hide bodies. Have fun doing the co-op no-detection missions.
>No more stalking animation
>On that note, no more sneaking animations at all
>No more knife
>Only one speed of moving while crouching - briskly
>No more interrogating (interrogating is back but only to further the plot in scripted events, no more funny/useful interrogations with random guards that increase immersion)
>No more "codec" conversations with your support team
>Team banter is gone
>Encourages shooting and killing everything (Mark and Execute is the most obvious example of this)
>No more witty, dry humor Sam Fisher complaining about his age
>A lot more "voice actor awkwardly trying to channel Jack Bauer" Sam Fisher
>Lambert is dead before the game starts
>Story is essentially one massive subplot from DA without the trademark tact and disgression the other games had.
>5 hour single player campaign
>One entire mission from the campaign is a flashback to Iraq where the game doesn't allow you to use stealth.
>Spy vs. Merc multiplayer completely taken out of the game
>Demo released on Xbox Live is essentially the finished product
>You feel like the ultimate badass thanks to some generous aiming assists that let you easily put bullets into approaching enemy noggins.

What the hell is going on.

Progress?

we'll have to wait till it releases but im oddly optimistic even after DA sucked so hard.

sure mark and execute is brutal but when was it brutal in any other past splinter cell? never... and there was a need for it if you f***'d up, so i welcome that.

judging by the videos and reported delays/ inefficiency of melee it sorta seems like it will be easy enough to "sneak up on" enemies because their reactions look like Simple Jack's, yeah, you know the one...

tse_tsz_tun
04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Yabab_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tse_tsz_tun:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by soron:

Apart from that, I think it is OK. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not true. If you're on realistic, it is pretty common to be spotted while moving from cover to cover. Normal can be pretty elusive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Really? May be you are right...
Since I don't have a XBOX, I can only watch youtube videos.

Since I decide not to cancel my preorder, I will have a try on Mr. B's production.
I even preordered the collector's edition to bet on it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

(Since there is no pc games I really like in recent times...)