PDA

View Full Version : Java Guncam

PlaneEater
04-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Just downloaded and installed Java Guncam, got it all set up and fired up IL2FBAEPPF to test it out.

Doesn't seem to like our sim *at all*. I can run one, or the other. If I try to run both at once, one of them locks up.

Anybody else had sucess with it, and want to share some secrets? Or, if you couldn't get it to work, what are some comperable alternatives that I can link to my joystick trigger?

PlaneEater
04-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Just downloaded and installed Java Guncam, got it all set up and fired up IL2FBAEPPF to test it out.

Doesn't seem to like our sim *at all*. I can run one, or the other. If I try to run both at once, one of them locks up.

Anybody else had sucess with it, and want to share some secrets? Or, if you couldn't get it to work, what are some comperable alternatives that I can link to my joystick trigger?

Covino
04-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, I've never tried the Java Guncam but judging from your problem, it may be resolved by downloading the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE, 5.0 Update 3). Both IL-2 and Java guncam use Java so updating might help.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp
Even if this doesn't fix it, it's still best to have the latest version of the JRE because it improves IL-2 performance and helps or eliminates stutters.