PDA

View Full Version : Which Missions have been a Pain for you?

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 01:49 PM
By about 8 tries, I was giving up hope that I could do 100% sync on "The Champion Part 2" (a Master Assassin mission) where you have to make sure the Herald doesn't get hurt.
What a nightmare. lol

I finally decided to switch up weapons from my sword to the dagger & that made all the difference. It was much faster killing them off so I could get to the next ones in time.
Plus I threw 2 knives at the first guys running up the walkway.

Just wondered which missions anyone's having problems with (I'm still in Seq. 5).

Or are they all easy for you? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 01:52 PM
Sadly, they were all easy.. not trying to brag though

ProdiGurl
11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:

lol.

If you played ACB, were any of those hard for you?
I could barely get thru some of those when I started playing it . . I thought it was WAY too difficult for novices to the game series.
I also thought some of those Sync's were outrageous - some of them I didn't even bother to get.
Like the 8 minutes to get thru that Romulus Lair. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

I have to admit, as a normal/medium level gamer, this one is easier for me to do. Easier than ACB.

Assassin_M
11-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:

lol.

If you played ACB, were any of those hard for you?
I could barely get thru some of those when I started playing it . . I thought it was WAY too difficult for novices to the game series.
I also thought some of those Sync's were outrageous - some of them I didn't even bother to get.

I have to admit, as a normal/medium level gamer, this one is easier for me to do. Easier than ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WoW, I actually discovered why the AC games were so easy, Its because we were playing them for too long and have thus become such Experts.
Newbies, such as yourself, will find it extremely hard when they start the series by playing a later game..
Thank you for contributing to this revelation http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnthonyA85
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM

You too huh? I HATED some of those synch requirements, like the "Do not kill anyone" on the Apple A Day mission, where there's an army of guards between you and the Apple.

I loathed the "Complete meory in X amount of minutes" ones, and the Courtesan Mal Practice mission....what a joke that was, i can't even finish that mission, let alone get full synch.

I've seen walkthroughs of ACR, and, I don't think i'm gonna struggle with the majority of those missions, and I like how it actually tells you as soon as you get full synch, instead of waiting 'til the end. The only ones i think i might strugle with is the mission where I have to beat Yusuf to the palace, and that Assassin Recruit race. I hate doing races.

Altair661
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Going with 'M', none of 'em were really difficult. However one part that made me mad was when you have to meet the prince fairly early on in the game, and he's in a restricted zone. I tried to talk to him but immediatley 4 jannisaries came attacking and I had never foughten them before and I called in two Assassins (fairly low rank since I was still towards the beginning) and they both died and I barely survived. But that's about the only time I can remember.

DarthEzio55
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
well atleast the janissaries are a challenge, other than the papal guards in the last game.
I actually found myself dying more in combat, because of the janissaries.
lol i am so thankful for the assassins during these encounters.
The only mission that was a pain for me was, the part in the beginning where ezio had to crash his carraige to leandros. Until i found out to not go over the rocks.

AdmiralPerry
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I had issues with one in Cappadocia, where I had to assassinate a certain somebody. I have never failed a mission in Assassin's Creed that bad, consistently! I still can't figure out what I was doing wrong, either...

Serrachio
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
I have to say, the first Den Attack as a mission was hard for me because of the requirement that meant I had to cause no conflict in the Imperial North District and the fact that you're not really equipped well at that point.

I had to go back after I completed the game, and the moment I Full Synced it, I got the achievement for synching all the main memory sequences.

pacmanate
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Nothings been a pain for me, sadly, I like a challange, I have got 100% sync on everything too :\ which IS a bummer for me, I want more action!

peeter90x
11-22-2011, 04:03 PM
how to kill shahkulu?

iouaj
11-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Cappadocia - The only one I found annoying was the one in Cappadocia - the mission where you have to blow something up. Because the guards didn't seem to spawn until you actually went around a corner (except for the first group), therefore you couldn't distract them or sneak up on them. In the end I just set up some caltrop mines, and let them chase me into the traps then did some combos on them, but even then the plan wasn't flawless and it still took me a few times to get perfect sync on that one.

iouaj
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by pacmanate:
Nothings been a pain for me, sadly, I like a challange, I have got 100% sync on everything too :\ which IS a bummer for me, I want more action!

Hopefully they'll come out with some decent single player DLC in the future. The game really needs more missions, challenging ones at that. I hope they expand on it.

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProdiGurl:

You too huh? I HATED some of those synch requirements, like the "Do not kill anyone" on the Apple A Day mission, where there's an army of guards between you and the Apple.

I loathed the "Complete meory in X amount of minutes" ones, and the Courtesan Mal Practice mission....what a joke that was, i can't even finish that mission, let alone get full synch.

I've seen walkthroughs of ACR, and, I don't think i'm gonna struggle with the majority of those missions, and I like how it actually tells you as soon as you get full synch, instead of waiting 'til the end. The only ones i think i might strugle with is the mission where I have to beat Yusuf to the palace, and that Assassin Recruit race. I hate doing races. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I detest races of any kind too (anything timed actually lol)
But you can actually fall off a building during the Yusuf race & just run thru the streets & still win it - I fell off a building so close to the spot, I just kept running & ran into the guards at an entry area & still beat him.
Yusuf's kool in this game. Love his character.

After hitting Sequence 5 & doing the Tarik mission w/ the Janissaries I've changed my mind - ACR is not that easy.
It is in some areas, but it's getting harder for me to accomplish the sync's.

The syncs in ACR are alot more realistic & they don't usually take up the entire mission. Like a mission continues after you completed the sync & you can veer off & do the rest of it your own way - the sync isn't limiting you the entire way.

Overall, I like nearly every mission - they're a pleasure to do this time.

LightRey
11-23-2011, 04:59 AM
I feel like such an expert right now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Kaena2012
11-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Yes all missions were fairly easy, now the sequence for AltaÔr were he is 82 years old was not old but i did not know if you disarm it would count like a kill other then that Desmond's Journey i found kind of annoying well mainly Part 4

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 05:56 AM
When you guys talk about it being so easy, are you meaning that you just do the mission once and sync it the first time?
Or do you have to restart the memory and do it a few times?

SleezeRocker
11-23-2011, 06:05 AM
I think the crappiest mission was the Part 2 Master Assassin mission of the Champion. Took me like 5 tries to make sure the Herald didn't get sneezed on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif, but eventually I was able to do it by just using Knives and Gun, dam the Notoriety Meter lol!

LightRey
11-23-2011, 06:55 AM
When you guys talk about it being so easy, are you meaning that you just do the mission once and sync it the first time?
Or do you have to restart the memory and do it a few times?
With me most often I succeed the first time, but sometimes I have to replay it a few times, yes.

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Like Lightrey I usually finish it my first time. But the odd don't get detected or hurt I may mess up.

The only one I haven't redone and need to redo is the don't let the herald get hurt one.

That looked like it may be hard but I've only done it once.

I'm assuming I should bring smoke bombs and just use my assassins but they run right for buddy.

Any tips besides using my dagger?

LightRey
11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Like Lightrey I usually finish it my first time. But the odd don't get detected or hurt I may mess up.

The only one I haven't redone and need to redo is the don't let the herald get hurt one.

That looked like it may be hard but I've only done it once.

I'm assuming I should bring smoke bombs and just use my assassins but they run right for buddy.

Any tips besides using my dagger?
That one really sucked, yeah. You're right use smoke bombs (don't forget to add a few after using some). I don't think you can use your recruits in that one, but if you can by all means do. I also advise you to use ranged weapons when the circumstances allow for it.

Vex_Assassin
11-23-2011, 10:35 AM
The Champion Part 2 annoyed me too, took me like 8 times before 100% sync. I used caltrop bombs and shot them at the feet of the herald. Also, I threw 1 pyrite coins bomb and the people of Constantinople were pulling the templars away from the herald. I used the crossbow when the targets were more distant and the hidden blade for close combat

LightRey
11-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Vex_Assassin:
The Champion Part 2 annoyed me too, took me like 8 times before 100% sync. I used caltrop bombs and shot them at the feet of the herald. Also, I threw 1 pyrite coins bomb and the people of Constantinople were pulling the templars away from the herald. I used the crossbow when the targets were more distant and the hidden blade for close combat
Oh, coin bomb. That's a good idea. Ima remember that for my next playthrough (which starts about now).

kriegerdesgottes
11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
That mission with the herald and the altair key mission in sequence 3 were the two that gave me the most trouble. I would actually say I had the most difficulty with protecting the herald. I think I did it 15 times over and over until I got it. I just used smoke bombs and any time a guy would come up I used smoke bombs to stop them. Sometimes they get through anyway but it eventually worked for me.

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
I think the crappiest mission was the Part 2 Master Assassin mission of the Champion. Took me like 5 tries to make sure the Herald didn't get sneezed on http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif, but eventually I was able to do it by just using Knives and Gun, dam the Notoriety Meter lol!

I had a horrible time with that mission!! It wasn't until I switched to my Dagger that I was able to keep up.
For some reason, using a sword slowed me way down & while I was fighting one off, others came from other angles. Grrrrrrr.

The key for me was staying right w/ the Herald and not moving far from him - keeping an eye out for the little red triangles signalling new enemies on the way & i was ready for them.

Those 2 who first come running up behind you, I nailed w/ throwing knives & took them out first.
Not an easy mission - & just when I THOUGHT I was done, more came! lol

ProdiGurl
11-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vex_Assassin:
Oh, coin bomb. That's a good idea. Ima remember that for my next playthrough (which starts about now). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL