PDA

View Full Version : The Stand Alone Pacific_Fighters server is back on HL



Osirisx9
01-29-2005, 07:54 AM
K guys Warbirds of Prey has put the Stand_alone Pacific Fighters server back on HL. The server name is Stand_Alone_PF. There are a couple of changes to the server however. The bigest change is the port Number. Here is the complete IP address of the server. Instead of port 21005 the server is on port 21006. The complete IP of the server is 69.9.37.146:21006. As a bonus we added a new mission to the server. The last change to the server is that we raised the Ping Kick from 300 to 350 this should allow more individuals to join the server. Also skin download is on so that you can see your fancy skinns. Please keep the skinns kind of historical. This server is not to be confused with the mergerd Pacific Fighters server. That server is running on a different Port. The port for that server is 21005 and the complete IP address of that server is 69.9.37.146:21005 Please guys get the word out about the server. Those of you who have flown on the server know how nice and smooth it runs and the missions are objective based. We apologise for pulling the server for a day or two . The server is up and running 24/7 now so enjoy.

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Speedfellow
01-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Thankyou Osiris, It seems its going to be a struggle to get interest in a stand alone community ,but we are going to try and this will help alot. 'From small acorns ....'

lronSight
01-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Yeah, it's the only place I've been playing PF online. Sadly, in the past it was quiet, but there were still the regulars in there.

Come join us!

Enthor1
01-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Osirisx9, thanks for keeping the standalone server for awhile longer.

Perhaps a bit of relaxation on settings?
Skin download on is wasted without externals.

Maybe padlock and limited icons till standalone gets going?

A seperate room for standalone at hyperlobby would be great but Jiri seems wed to only a merged room and there are few requests on the Hyperlobby forum for standalone support.

Maybe if those interested in a standalone only room politely contacted Jiri he would reconsider.

HotelBushranger
01-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Just when on successfully for the first time today

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/4120/1stonline5fd.jpg

Here lol wasn't any air to air action, my wing was sheared off by enemy AAA as I was coming up behind a coupla allied planes taken off. Nevertheless, it was very fun chattin, flyin around and I urge all PF'ers to get Hyperlobby and fly!

SuperFudd
01-30-2005, 01:05 AM
OK, I have stand alone PF. My internet connection is via NetZero with a 56kb modem. Do I stand a chance flying online?
If so, have no clue on how to make it happen. Much of the previous posts in this string is greek to me. I have not played anything on line before. Tried Duke Nukem 3D but could not make it work.
Where should I look for instructions?

Speedfellow
01-30-2005, 03:59 AM
The forums are a mine of info Im sure you can find anything you need here.If you have anything specific you cant find we are trying to help standalone users at PFSAA (http://www.predatorsquad.com/pfsaa/)there is a forum where you can ask and we will try to help.This has only just started and most of the guys are new to PF, but not to gaming. Just as a footnote for any one having problems through HL why not just type the ip address 69.9.37.146:21006 in the join server box

lronSight
01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
We need more Pilots!

We were in there Bushranger, did you not find us?

http://forums.thebattlefields.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=70

SuperFudd
01-31-2005, 12:32 AM
You want more pilots? Then make it easy for the average Joe to figure out how to fly on line. Like, what the heck is an ip address and why should we care? We need a FAQ for dummys.

Speedfellow
01-31-2005, 01:54 AM
Ask away !!

Osirisx9
01-31-2005, 08:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperFudd:
You want more pilots? Then make it easy for the average Joe to figure out how to fly on line. Like, what the heck is an ip address and why should we care? We need a FAQ for dummys. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go to this link. It is detailed instruction about how to join the server via IP. Also just ask and we will be more than happy to help you out. www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13&mode=&order=0&thold=0 (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13&mode=&order=0&thold=0)
. Also we are able to connect to hyperlobby again so the server will be visible there some time today also. So far most of the guys joining the Stand alone server are joining through IP. We had a nice little crowd there yesterday and had a blast.

RAF238thjOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Krt_Bong
01-31-2005, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Enthor1:
Osirisx9, thanks for keeping the standalone server for awhile longer.

Perhaps a bit of relaxation on settings?
Skin download on is wasted without externals.

Maybe padlock and limited icons till standalone gets going?

A seperate room for standalone at hyperlobby would be great but Jiri seems wed to only a merged room and there are few requests on the Hyperlobby forum for standalone support.

Maybe if those interested in a standalone only room politely contacted Jiri he would reconsider. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Icons are on and are only visible when you are close enough to see the plane. Having externals on would take away from the full real set-up IMO, much as I enjoy looking at my plane flying so I solved that by recording tracks of my flights and then replaying them with externals and making screenshots which you can see some of them at the website www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org) and who knows maybe if you fly on the server you may be immortalized there too.... RAF238th_Bong

Krt_Bong
01-31-2005, 09:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperFudd:
OK, I have stand alone PF. My internet connection is via NetZero with a 56kb modem. Do I stand a chance flying online?
If so, have no clue on how to make it happen. Much of the previous posts in this string is greek to me. I have not played anything on line before. Tried Duke Nukem 3D but could not make it work.
Where should I look for instructions? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hmmm, that maybe a proxy server like AOL (which will not allow online gaming because it goes through their server first) and you might not be able to play online games through it, a DSL connection would be preferable and would give you a faster load time. RAF238th_Bong

Yimmy
01-31-2005, 10:54 AM
Went back to your server just now Osiris, and very nice it is too. I like the new mission.

If I may make a suggestion though - it would be nice if the current aircraft were only flyable from the carrier (being carrier aircraft), and for the land airfields if the early Ki43 and early P40 were added.

That way you have the most common early land aircraft as well as the common early naval aircraft - I would also say it would give an incentive to destroy the enemy carrier, and so prevent them from having a dive bomber, but I dont know if there is a way to turn air starts off.

Osirisx9
01-31-2005, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yimmy:
Went back to your server just now Osiris, and very nice it is too. I like the new mission.

If I may make a suggestion though - it would be nice if the current aircraft were only flyable from the carrier (being carrier aircraft), and for the land airfields if the early Ki43 and early P40 were added.

That way you have the most common early land aircraft as well as the common early naval aircraft - I would also say it would give an incentive to destroy the enemy carrier, and so prevent them from having a dive bomber, but I dont know if there is a way to turn air starts off. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can add the Ki43 and P-40E in the planeset. Oh BTW the reason why I made carrier based aircraft available on some of the land bases is so that the new Guys who are not proficient at carrier ops can get used to the aircraft on larger runways. In the future when more are proficient I will make the carrier based aircraft available from the carriers only.

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Yimmy
01-31-2005, 11:50 AM
May just be me, but I find it easier to take off and land on a carier than one of those pesky grass runways, like the ones you have chosen to use in the mision!

Also, was the P40E around with the early Zero and F4? I thought it was latter war?
Wouldnt an early mark, with the two .50's and four .30's, such as the B/C or Tommahawk be more realistic?

Edit: The Hawk-81-A I think would be a good choice, along with the early Ki43, as it was used against the type early war, in the hands of the Chinese... would add some historic variety.

Osirisx9
01-31-2005, 12:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yimmy:
May just be me, but I find it easier to take off and land on a carier than one of those pesky grass runways, like the ones you have chosen to use in the mision!

Also, was the P40E around with the early Zero and F4? I thought it was latter war?
Wouldnt an early mark, with the two .50's and four .30's, such as the B/C or Tommahawk be more realistic?

Edit: The Hawk-81-A I think would be a good choice, along with the early Ki43, as it was used against the type early war, in the hands of the Chinese... would add some historic variety. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will definately check this out. We are going to make some more updates to the maps too. Keep the Ideas and comments comming. This server has allot of potential

RAF238thOsiris
www.warbirdsofprey.org (http://www.warbirdsofprey.org)

Speedfellow
01-31-2005, 02:17 PM
LOL !! Its nice to see someone that enjoys his work Osiris hats off to you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif