PDA

View Full Version : would you like a black assassin next

Radman500
07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
would you like desmonds next ancestor to be black?

albertwesker22
07-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Its not impossible. My friend has blonde hair and blue eyes like his father, but his mother is half black.

I'm not to enthusiastic about the idea, because its so random and they give all the main ancestors the same the face. There's a problem there.

If we get a black assassin, then it shouldn't be Desmonds ancestor. It should be black assassin in modern times, reliving his ancestors memory.

itsamea-mario
07-11-2011, 11:17 AM
Not impossible, but highly improbable as all the previous ancestors are 'special' also highly unnessecary.

Noble6
07-11-2011, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't mind but don't you think that it would be harder to Ubisoft to market it to previous target audience without upsetting lot of people. I try not to be rasistic(I have problems to be discreet when using english http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif) but you know...We will see.

RzaRecta357
07-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Rasistic? Haha sheesh.

Anyway, it can't happen as Desmond. They all have his face and that means he's gotta have somewhat white or dark skinned but not black features.

It just wouldn't work. And that's not being "Rasistic".

Sinore_Assassin
07-11-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd rather not have a black ancestor, for one have you thought to consider that there has not been a single black man/women in previous games(that I know of), and that aside What location would that be in, have you thought out the details?

flyingeaglemile
07-11-2011, 01:59 PM
I could see it working when they finish off Desmond`s story.

Azula2005
07-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Okay, i'm an African Canadian gentleman and i think it would be a terrible idea, honostly i wouldn't buy it because in the ac era all blacks are slaves.

nah, i hope not

albertwesker22
07-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Okay, i'm an African Canadian gentleman and i think it would be a terrible idea, honostly i wouldn't buy it because in the ac era all blacks are slaves.

nah, i hope not

Err no they weren't. Are you really that naive? Yes a lot of African Countries were colonized but not all of them. Every black person wasn't a slave. There were black royals at that time, some even sold their own people into slavery.

There were many Muslim countries were Blacks and Asians lived side by side. So it would not be out of the question to play a black man in the middle east for example.

kriegerdesgottes
07-11-2011, 03:43 PM
No it's just downright impossible. It would be plausible if say Desmond was black but being that we know Ezio is def white. YES italians are white, and Desmond is white having a black person in between them is pretty unlikely if not downright impossible. Maybe later after Desmond's story and with a whole new Descendant.

SleezeRocker
07-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Black, Hispanic, Asian I don't care, asl ong as the game kick ***, I don't care of the Assassin is a pink/blue colored alien lol

Although I am in favor of seeing a latin/hispanic Assassin with voice work by Antonio Banderas, that be epic haha http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/images/wiki/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/46/LegendZ.jpg/180px-LegendZ.jpg

GunnarGunderson
07-11-2011, 03:51 PM
It would take a lot of generations for Desmond's bloodline to go from white to black and then white again

SweetsMachineGun
07-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I certainly would not mind a playing a black assassin, but not one related to Desmond. Considering the ancestors become more recent as the games go on, Desmond being white would make no sense.

albertwesker22
07-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
No it's just downright impossible. It would be plausible if say Desmond was black but being that we know Ezio is def white. YES italians are white, and Desmond is white having a black person in between them is pretty unlikely if not downright impossible. Maybe later after Desmond's story and with a whole new Descendant.

Well not really. There are people out there that are "white" in appearance but have a black grandfather. A black man has a baby with a white woman, the baby is half white half black, if that mixed raced baby has a child with a white man, then the resulting baby could be as white as the father or as dark as the mother.

I'm not saying that I want Desmonds next ancestor to be black, because if it is just for the sake of being black, its pretty pointless imo. But its definitely not impossible, i've seen it.

kriegerdesgottes
07-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by albertwesker22:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Well not really. There are people out there that are "white" in appearance but have a black grandfather. A black man has a baby with a white woman, the baby is half white half black, if that mixed raced baby has a child with a white man, then the resulting baby could be as white as the father or as dark as the mother.

I'm not saying that I want Desmonds next ancestor to be black, because if it is just for the sake of being black, its pretty pointless imo. But its definitely not impossible, i've seen it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's still pretty unlikely even in a three hundred year time span to just go white black white, You're right it's prob not totally impossible but not likely and therefore it should not be done.

albertwesker22
07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
It's still pretty unlikely even in a three hundred year time span to just go white black white, You're right it's prob not totally impossible but not likely and therefore it should not be done.

Its not really going from black to white in a flash. Like I said, its easy to wash out the "black" in less than a hundred years. A mixed race child black+white will almost never be as dark as his black parent. So if the half black child continues their line with a white man, the child would likely be even lighter, and so on.

You'll find this happens a lot in places like America and various port cities around the world, as port cities are obviously more exposed to the rest of the world than the rest of their country. Black genes can be found all over the white populations of England and America.

But again, if we have a black ancestor, save it for another protagonist instead of Desmond.

Lonnie_Jackson
07-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Lets just hope the next game after ACR finishes desmond...I am tired of him already. I like the character but damn.

oOAltairOo
07-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Most main characters in video games white males, because most gamers are white males, and people have a harder time connecting/immersing with a main character of a different ethnicity than their own.

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">(p.s
Dis' be just my cup of tea. But it's a pretty solid theory, based on months of tests based in numerous environments such as: paint, Gmod and sandboxes. All carried out by me; the box without hinges, key or lid, yet golden treasure inside i hid. Thank you for your time, we hope you will enjoy you stay. This has been an E.G.G production. I'm off, peace.
p.s.s I am an egg, didn't you figure that out?o.O_O.o
p.s.s.s This is wierd.)</span>

Lonnie_Jackson
07-11-2011, 07:04 PM
That's also the developers fault. I mean if the game is based on a region it is expected but Desomnd is white now but his ancestors don't have to be. I mixed race could phase out and his outcome could have just ended up white. Altair and maria are a good example. Their kids are mixed so a Black assassins doesn't have to be out of question.

Azula2005
07-11-2011, 09:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I'm not saying that I want Desmonds next ancestor to be black, because if it is just for the sake of being black, its pretty pointless imo. But its definitely not impossible, i've seen it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes i know i didn't add Africa

i thought it was obvious Desmond didn't have African blood

The middle east did not have native black people
(discluding north africa)

the only middleeastern blood Desmond has is from Altairs and that would be Syrian,
Syrians are not black lol

I don't know any native black Italians nor have i seen, or native black syrians/Isreali

you might get dark tanned? yes

but not black, sorry

EmmaBemma
07-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
There is 500 years of history between Ezio and Desmond. It would only take a few generations for any trace of a black ancestor to become invisible. The ancestor need not be native Italian - remember that Altair married an English woman. Travel may not have been common for the average Joe back then but plenty of people did travel still.

That said, throwing in a black ancestor just to be representative would be silly and, frankly, a little patronizing. I suspect (and hope) we'll see a more multicultural mix of NPCs throughout Constantinople though, considering it was so central for trade.

DavisP92
07-12-2011, 08:26 AM
i would love to play as a black assassin, and there was one in project legacy. and we'll probably see some in ACR. but as for desmond's story it is possible to have a black ancestor, so to those saying it's not possible. it appears that u are either naive, hate change or racist. either way it is not a good thing, but i can understand to have a black assassin just to have a black assassin would be odd, but to have one in a location that is fits or to even add more to the story would be great.

honestly though, i don't see them doing it for desmond. But if they make a coop story where we can make our own character or some variation of it. I'd play as a black assassin

albertwesker22
07-12-2011, 08:30 AM
Yes i know i didn't add Africa

the only middleeastern blood Desmond has is from Altairs and that would be Syrian,

I don't know any native black Italians nor have i seen, or native black syrians/Isreali

but not black, sorry

WoW, you clearly didn't have any idea what I was saying. The funny thing is your lol's, because i'm just laughing at your own stupidity.

When did I say there were native black Italians? Or Syrians? You clearly have no idea of the history of your own race, I guess slavery is only thing you have bothered to learn, shameful really.

As was said before, people traveled back then. There were plenty of black Muslims 500 years ago. Muslim societies back then, all Muslims were equals, including black Muslims.

Go out and learn about the history of your race, before you just degrade them by saying they were all slaves outside of Africa.

In England, black slaves were freed years before they were freed in America. There are plenty of places where a black man could walk freely.

dchil279
07-12-2011, 09:29 AM
I don't think it will work and I'll tell you why:

1) Blacks are native to Africa and there aren't any cities and time periods that would fit an AC Game.

2) You might say "We can play as a black person in a foreign country. To this I say no because it's best to play as someone who is native to the area you re playing in, that way you feel like you belong there. It helps the immersion factor.

albertwesker22
07-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
I don't think it will work and I'll tell you why:

1) Blacks are native to Africa and there aren't any cities and time periods that would fit an AC Game.

2) You might say "We can play as a black person in a foreign country. To this I say no because it's best to play as someone who is native to the area you re playing in, that way you feel like you belong there. It helps the immersion factor.

As I said before, if it were set in a Muslim country, a black man would not be out of place. Muslims of the day, defined themselves by their religion, not their race. If a black man was seen wandering around most parts of the middle east, he would be assumed to be a Muslim.

Not everyone in AC 1 was an Arab like Altair. He walked through the streets of Acre, which had a heavy European migrant population, even back in the day, the middle east was multicultural with many races living there side by side.

Many of the white Crusaders chose to stay in the holy land after the war and they were allowed. So it stands to reason, that many black muslims would also pass through and decide to stay.

I don't want to keep going into these rants, but these statements like "We can't play a black because blacks are native to Africa" are really annoying.

After Desmond, if we play a black man reliving his ancestors memories, it would not be out of place for him to be in the middle east as early as the middle ages. Try to think outside of steriotypes please.

LightRey
07-12-2011, 11:18 AM
The thing is though. Up till now they've used the same person to model for Desmond, Altair and Ezio. They couldn't really do that if they'd use a black person next and I think there's a point to making them all look like Desmond.

Antoniodebeta
07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes i know i didn't add Africa

but not black, sorry

WoW, you clearly didn't have any idea what I was saying. The funny thing is your lol's, because i'm just laughing at your own stupidity.

When did I say there were native black Italians? Or Syrians? You clearly have no idea of the history of your own race, I guess slavery is only thing you have bothered to learn, shameful really.

As was said before, people traveled back then. There were plenty of black Muslims 500 years ago. Muslim societies back then, all Muslims were equals, including black Muslims.

Go out and learn about the history of your race, before you just degrade them by saying they were all slaves outside of Africa.

In England, black slaves were freed years before they were freed in America. There are plenty of places where a black man could walk freely. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

--------------------------------------------
Uh, no stop being an *** alberta the muslim empires did not have any black leaders
babylon the ruler was not black nor was the persian or any other, about 90% of black were slaves during those times in the middleeast

And don't try to act smart by England was freed slaves before the states i think we all know that?

Mr_Shade
07-12-2011, 12:05 PM
I think we have enough name calling and disagreements.. this thread is starting to verve towards starting to be offensive..

I will also remind people that making new accounts, to back up another one you also own / have access too - is not allowed...

Posting under more than one account, is also not allowed...

I'm not naming names - but I hope the person understands...

ProletariatPleb
07-12-2011, 12:15 PM
Well they aren't white right now either..brownnnn

ThaWhistle
07-12-2011, 02:10 PM

As I said before, if it were set in a Muslim country, a black man would not be out of place. Muslims of the day, defined themselves by their religion, not their race. If a black man was seen wandering around most parts of the middle east, he would be assumed to be a Muslim.

Not everyone in AC 1 was an Arab like Altair. He walked through the streets of Acre, which had a heavy European migrant population, even back in the day, the middle east was multicultural with many races living there side by side.

Many of the white Crusaders chose to stay in the holy land after the war and they were allowed. So it stands to reason, that many black muslims would also pass through and decide to stay.

there were actually not many europeans in the holy land. At the peak of the Crusader states, the non-pilgrim european population was less than 10% if I'm remembering right. The Acre of AC is entirely fictional though. Manpower was always an issue.

but you are right about blacks in the middle east, if they were muslim that would have been regarded the same as any other. But at the same time, they were alot less discriminating in who they kept as slaves.

Either way, a black assassin just does not fit at all with the "all playable characters look exactly the same" thing they've been doing.

Grandmaster_Z
07-12-2011, 02:34 PM
no

DavisP92
07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

there were actually not many europeans in the holy land. At the peak of the Crusader states, the non-pilgrim european population was less than 10% if I'm remembering right. The Acre of AC is entirely fictional though. Manpower was always an issue.

but you are right about blacks in the middle east, if they were muslim that would have been regarded the same as any other. But at the same time, they were alot less discriminating in who they kept as slaves.

Either way, a black assassin just does not fit at all with the "all playable characters look exactly the same" thing they've been doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually there was a black assassin trained under Ezio. and it would work for the game to make it more challenging and interesting. so not all black people in the series were slaves.

and a black assassin can fit with the series even for desmond mainly because there is more than 500 years between Ezio and Desmond so where ever Ubisoft goes there can be a black assassin and Desmond can still look the way he does.

side note, itís kinda funny how a lot of ppl are against playing as a black person :S

albertwesker22
07-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ThaWhistle:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by albertwesker22:

Either way, a black assassin just does not fit at all with the "all playable characters look exactly the same" thing they've been doing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Acre was held by European powers for quite a few years. Its only plausible that many of them would decide to stay in and around the holy land. A white Christian could live in some parts, including Jerusalem as long as long as he paid the tax.

Besides my point still stands that a few European Crusaders did choose to remain in the holy land. Back then Muslim societies were more open and civil than Western societies, a white Christian could live there but put a Muslim in medieval Europe, he wouldn't last a day.

Medieval Europe was a brutal place at the time, some of the pilgrims might have thought they had a better chance of survival living in the Holy Land.

ThaWhistle
07-12-2011, 10:06 PM
small numbers did remain, but as the numbers there during the height of he crusades were small, I don't even know how low that number of remaining europeans would be. Theres apparently a number of known family names and such in the area of modern northern israel that are of french or italian origin(via the crusades)

Acre on the other hand, wouldnt have been the same, when it fell it was at the end of a bloody siege. And during that, most of the cities european inhabitants fled(either back to europe or cyprus), and a good number were killed trying to escape.

Otherwise what youre saying about europe and the muslim world at that time is accurate. but in some places muslims were also tolerated if they paid special taxes(same with jews).

Zoidberg747
07-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Its his ancestor, so I dont think they could be black because desomnd is not:/

LightRey
07-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
Its his ancestor, so I dont think they could be black because desomnd is not:/
Again, of course Desmond could have a black ancestor. it's not like your entire family becomes completely black as soon as there's one black person in their family tree.

rain89c
07-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I vote Asian Assassin, what's cooler than a Ninja-type of Assassin?

I wouldn't mind a Black Assassin though.

LightRey
07-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by rain89c:
I vote Asian Assassin, what's cooler than a Ninja-type of Assassin?

I wouldn't mind a Black Assassin though.
I wouldn't be surprised if in the AC universe, the ninja were actually part of the assassin order.

KZarr
07-13-2011, 01:31 PM
Ubi did release an image of a black assassin a while ago:
http://media.gamer.nl/site/dump/20100604093043-500x_gabz.jpg