PDA

View Full Version : Cant run PF

verde13
11-11-2004, 07:36 AM
I recently got PF and i can't seem to get it to run.The problem seems to be with the Cd No2.When i installed the game i had to insert it in the drive 3 or 4 times before the procedure went through,and now when i attempt to start PF it freezes to the opening screen.The light of the DvD drive is continually on and it won't advance.I have discovered that my drive takes a very long time and faces difficulties when i'm exploring the contents of the second CD.My DVD drive is a:Sony DVD-660U.Has this happened to anyone else or is something wrong with my second disc?

ucanfly
11-11-2004, 11:40 AM
I could not run the game with my Toshiba DVD drive (same thing froze at the splash screen) but had no problems installing it with that drive. Luckily I had a 2nd drive (an LG CD/RW drive) and it launches from there no problem. There have been others that have complained of the same thing.

There is a slight possibility that it may not like the current drivers for your drive or that it doesn't like some S/W (Like CD copying software) that you have in your computer, although I thinkk that is grasping at straws since you are using a DVD.

edit: not in these forums

lkemling
11-11-2004, 12:28 PM
If you purchased the game locally best bet is to simply exchange it for another.
If you then have the same problem you'll know its within your computer not the disc and go from there...my two bits.

MaxMhz
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Sounds very much like a dirty laser lens to me...

If it speeds up trying to read the CD - be carefull - it could potentionaly be (very = like shatters) harmfull to the CD and the drive...

Check if an SVCD will run on it without problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Slingn
11-11-2004, 02:52 PM
check for new firmware on your drive. that may help

verde13
11-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the tips.It cetairnly has nothing to do with the CD copy programs,since i don't have such programs nor a drive that can copy discs.I'm puzzled with the fact that the first disc is working fine.I'll try to exchange it and see what happens.

LEXX_Luthor
11-12-2004, 12:45 AM
If you have not tried this, try again but wait a good while before clicking "OK" -- try waiting 30 seconds for example.

I had that problem with FB install CD2, but didn't happen again when I wait for the CD light to stop or something. I used to slip in the CD2 and click "OK" real fast, and the install would say wrong CD lol.