PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shot down a pilot?

walsh2509
11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Anyone shot down a pilot?

I've done it twice now with the same end result.

I went into a QMission and and shot down a H8K1 was it ? Large Sea Plane something like 8 chutes appeared from it..

Well I just had to see what would happen, I watched the plane go down and came back around and just 3 to 400yrd in front of me was one of the crew gently floating down on his chute.

I closed in all guns blazing, and when the bursts hit him, he and his chute exploded there was a large red fire ball that come from him and his chute!

Then the chute went into what's it call? Roman Candle and I flew right through it and the explosion and the chute ripped half my right wing off.

I tried again tonight and the same thing I thought the first might have been AAA from the Island below but Im sure it wasn't and to make sure I tuened the AAA off.

Again I got in behind the massive plane and 4 or 5 full burst had it going down, I flew on and came back around. I paused the game and had a look (F2) and I counted 8 Chutes, and again I honed in to a coulpe and as I flew at then I opened up with all guns and again one of the pilots exploded and so did my plane.

so if you want to shoot down pilots in there chutes beware and do it for a distance.. :0

walsh2509
11-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Anyone shot down a pilot?

I've done it twice now with the same end result.

I went into a QMission and and shot down a H8K1 was it ? Large Sea Plane something like 8 chutes appeared from it..

Well I just had to see what would happen, I watched the plane go down and came back around and just 3 to 400yrd in front of me was one of the crew gently floating down on his chute.

I closed in all guns blazing, and when the bursts hit him, he and his chute exploded there was a large red fire ball that come from him and his chute!

Then the chute went into what's it call? Roman Candle and I flew right through it and the explosion and the chute ripped half my right wing off.

I tried again tonight and the same thing I thought the first might have been AAA from the Island below but Im sure it wasn't and to make sure I tuened the AAA off.

Again I got in behind the massive plane and 4 or 5 full burst had it going down, I flew on and came back around. I paused the game and had a look (F2) and I counted 8 Chutes, and again I honed in to a coulpe and as I flew at then I opened up with all guns and again one of the pilots exploded and so did my plane.

so if you want to shoot down pilots in there chutes beware and do it for a distance.. :0

PF_Coastie
11-03-2004, 05:57 PM
Pilots and chutes will destroy your plane if you hit them. You can shoot them and kill the pilot or collapse the chute, just do not fly through them or you will explode.

Its something with the code of the game that allows you to shoot them it must be a "solid" object to score the damage. Therefore you can not collide with it.

They are very easy to collapse chute. I have done it from 1.5K with MG's.

LEXX_Luthor
11-03-2004, 06:23 PM
With the new Parachute OFF option for all planes, we can have massive B~17 formations without the framerate hit from hundreds of calculated parachutes and AA firing at them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Snootles
11-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Yeah, pilots are pretty solid objects in the Il-2 engine. Some joker on the old FB forums had a series of pictures that showed him bailing above a TB-3. His free falling pilot hit one of the bomber's massive wings, sliced it off with his body impact, and kept falling unharmed.

Doesn't happen often, but real funny!

fabianfred
11-03-2004, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEXX_Luthor:
With the new Parachute OFF option for all planes, we can have massive B~17 formations without the framerate hit from hundreds of calculated parachutes and AA firing at them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

great idea there..... although the bailing pilots and chutes are eye-candy they do cause a lot of griff when ships even use their main armament against them....