PDA

View Full Version : Help Help, Anyone.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 08:22 AM
OK I have a few questions about IL-2 FB. It is hard to find out about alot of the technical questions for aircraft.

1. How does the mixture in the engine affect the aircraft. Does haveing it to high or to low have any bad affects on the engine.

2. How does prop-pitch affect the aircraft. Does it make it overheat faster, give it more thrust, or have any affect at alttitude.

3.What do magneto's do. I haven't used them at all yet.

4.What are the setting for cruising at a fast speed without overheating in the Bf-109E-4. Such as prop-pitch, mixture, throttle and radiator.

Answers to any of these questions would be very much appreciated. And I thank you for the time in answering them.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 08:22 AM
OK I have a few questions about IL-2 FB. It is hard to find out about alot of the technical questions for aircraft.

1. How does the mixture in the engine affect the aircraft. Does haveing it to high or to low have any bad affects on the engine.

2. How does prop-pitch affect the aircraft. Does it make it overheat faster, give it more thrust, or have any affect at alttitude.

3.What do magneto's do. I haven't used them at all yet.

4.What are the setting for cruising at a fast speed without overheating in the Bf-109E-4. Such as prop-pitch, mixture, throttle and radiator.

Answers to any of these questions would be very much appreciated. And I thank you for the time in answering them.

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 08:30 AM
The answers are here....

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~chapman/il2guide/download.htm

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 08:43 AM
Ill try and answer a few.

Fule mix:

Basicaly the higher you go the more air you need and less fule is recoyerd.

At 100% mix there more fule. 50% i would say Half fule and Half air.

I won't go into detail on this, it's late. But you will know you have an improper mixture buy listening to your engine.

Prop Pitch:

Lol i was just reading about that. A good man BuzzU and others have helped me understand it. First, All american and russian planes have constant spead something or Auto prop pitch. You will not gain any increas in performance if you use manule prop pitch on these planes. Why, well i don't know. Your suposed to gain performance but not in FB.
When the patch comes out, there will be lot's of changes so who know's.

The german plane's are a differant story. When using complex engine managment you will need to understant Prop Pitch. I will provide you with a very good link that will help you out. It will explain all about Prop Pitch.

Magneto's I think are your spark plugs, I keep 1+2 on alway's.

Her's the link: http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_cem.htm#Prop%20Pitch

I hope this helps.

Silent out...

XyZspineZyX
08-10-2003, 09:04 AM
THere is no replacement for reading. So go to the website the man above posted.

In the meantime.
Prop Pitch = Controls the RPM or more precisely, the angle of attack of the prop blades. More pitch is more revs by thining the prop pitch. However the corser pitch makes the prop pull more air but the revs go down. At speed you can cruise by setting the prop pitch to a lower setting. THis will prevent your engine from screaming.
On some german planes you dont have to set prop pitch.

Mixture. I use it to conserve fuel. Cruising I set to 80% when in combat I go higher. Also the higher you go the less you need. If you see black smoke turn it down. IF you got it set to 120 in combat and you slow down, when you try to speed up again it will bog you down.

Magnetos. I never touched them.

E4= 60% and 60% Use the throttle and pitch with a lot of judgement. LOOK at your speed. It dont take much to get it moving.

Play with the settings and you find what is comfortable for you.