PDA

View Full Version : System requirements for maximum graphics settings?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2004, 07:46 AM
I aim to buy my next computer for Christmas, and I want to make sure that it's all set up to play this game with maximum graphics and sound settings, and with the resolution at its maximum.

So please, developers, tell us what the system requirements are when you play the game with everything maxed out.

Jose.MaC
11-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Should be posted in the question thread.

But you must assume than the bigger, the better.

Messervy
11-20-2004, 12:02 PM
I would`t go for PCI-Express yet.
Will you assemble your Computer or you buy it assembled at the store?

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2004, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Messervy:
I would`t go for PCI-Express yet.
Will you assemble your Computer or you buy it assembled at the store? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always buy them pre-assembled at the store. To me, constructing a computer is a lot like constructing a public toilet. Sure, it might be necessary - but can't someone else do it?

MosGuy
11-20-2004, 12:42 PM
As a certified PC techcian and network. I can say that no dev team would give out specific maxed out game specs for legal reasons.

A general rule is to take the minimum requirements and double them. Of course with so many parts mileage will vary. They've already more or less given the recommended specs:

Minimum
-------

Supported OS: Windowsâ® 98/ME/2000/XP (only)
Processor: Pentiumâ® III 1.4 GHz or AMD Athlonâ"ž˘ 1.4 GHz
RAM: 256 MB
Video Card: 64 MB DirectXâ® 9 compatible graphics card (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible PCI card

Recommended
-----------

Supported OS: Windowsâ® 98/ME/2000/XP (only)
Processor: Pentium 4 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon 2.0Ghz
RAM: 512 MB+
Video Card: 128 MB, DirectXâ® 9 compatible graphics card (see supported list*)
Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible PCI card

*Currently Supported Video Cards
NVIDIAâ® Geforceâ"ž˘ 3/4/FX series with the exception of MX series cards
ATIâ® Radeon 8500/9000 family cards or newer

------

So with a 2 Ghz with 512MB RAM and a video card with 128 MB you should be able to run on high or maxed out setting.

Which I have personally found to be the case I'm running: AMD Athlon XP 2.2 Ghz with 512MB and a Geforce FX 5700 with 256MB of video RAM. Most games I can max out the settings.

I'd take the recommended specs and if you can afford upgrade the system RAM, video card mainly. Generally sub sims aren't as heavy on the CPU as FPS are. But faster CPU's translate into a boost in frame rates.

So if you meet the recommended setting then you should be good to go. You can never have too much system RAM so buy as much as you can afford. Windows typically uses up 200-300MB.

Messervy
11-20-2004, 12:47 PM
@ Beeryus
Well I broke the ice few years ago and I am very glad I did it. This is the only way to get maximum output for your money. Since you live in the U.S. of A. you have very good prices at NewEgg.
Mind that in order to keep your comp upto date you only need to replace component or two every two years.
I invested some 3.000 $ and I have created a beast, but that was couple of years ago.
I went for the top back than and I am convinced that I will still be able to run SH lll with no problems.
Heck if I was still able to play Far Cry with full setting.
If you are not in computers I might help you with some advice, but that would inevitably cause the community uproar regarding each individual`s preferences. Athlon - Pentium, Nvidia - Ati, etc.
For a start you can tell how much are you prepared to spend on your christmass gift.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-20-2004, 02:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Messervy:
If you are not in computers I might help you with some advice <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, but I'm serious about hating to build computers - I would much prefer to take a dessert spoon and ingest the contents of a septic tank http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif, rather than build a computer system.

Messervy
11-20-2004, 03:38 PM
That is exactly how I felt ten years ago! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif