PDA

View Full Version : Grr...Theatre of War

HotelBushranger
10-09-2007, 06:32 AM
I spent the whole night downloading the demo, install it and find out...joy! It's screwed! Camera goes everywhere and it crashes about a minute in. Anyone got a solution for this, or will I have to re download it from somewhere else?

cheers

BBB_Hyperion
10-09-2007, 07:41 AM
It doesn't even get near the high standards of il2 they only used the gfx engine and the areas are way too small . Additonaly bugs are present. But download it again install and maybe uninstall later .)

PBNA-Boosher
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I have the full game, a lot of bugs are removed but many are still present. Still, even with the bugs, I've had a number of amazing campaign missions. Right now I've got one particular Anti-Tank squad that has never let me down. With some fire and maneuver tactics they've been great at taking out everything from a Pz. I to a Pz. IV. In total they've taken out 20 tanks on their own. I also have a tank driver who took out three tanks on his own one mission after his tank was destroyed. He manned an artillery gun and blew up 3 Panzer IV's at medium range. It gets very immersive and you'll find yourself cheering on your soldiers as they do their best to follow orders, sometimes achieving spectacular feats in the process.

If you can find it for 20 bucks somewhere maybe it's worth it, if it's more expensive than that, don't bother. Although there are FMB type mission editors, there's too large a lack of content for it to be worth more.

ploughman
10-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Are you playing the patched up version Boosher. I don't have this game but had high hopes for it and was hoping that after some patches a lot of the vanilla issues had been sorted out.