PDA

View Full Version : No yaw section in the iputs area

blackpulpit1970
10-14-2005, 07:38 AM
Something happened on my last computer that suddenly i didnt have a yaw section underneath mu pitch and roll area. I thought it was just my computer with all the **** i had on it, but then i just got my new computer, harddrive and all brand new, loaded the games correctly(patches and all) and went to calibrate the pitch, roll yaw section and again i have no yaw section at all, its gone. I can calibrate the yaw in config file but there is no section in the hardware part, any help.

KGr.HH-Sunburst
10-14-2005, 07:58 AM
Did you install from a back-up?
if so or any way i think you need a complete reinstall

blackpulpit1970
10-14-2005, 08:02 AM
No not from a backup at all, this is a new computer nothing on it whatsoever, i simply installed from my games from the boxes(forgotten battles,ace expansion,pacific fighters,patches)and still its not there, very strange indeed.

SlickStick
10-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Almost sounds like the stick is not sending the Yaw axis signal.

- What kind of stick do you have?

- Do you have a 2nd stick to test?

- Do all stick inputs work with another game?

horseback
10-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Slick's made a good point. To check your stick's rudder input, got to (in XP) Start>Control Panel>Printers and Other Hardware>Game Controllers.

The Game Controllers dialog box will appear, and your stick will be listed there. Highlight your stick, and click on Properties. You'll then be able to see if Windows can detect your rudder inputs. If it doesn't, get a new stick, or resign yourself to operating without rudder input.

If it does detect a third and fourth axis (usually you will also have a throttle axis), move to the next paragraph.

Another possibility is that you have another controller (with only X-Y axes) attached to your computer that takes 'priority' over your stick; FB/AEP/PF detects the first, or Number One, controller to display in the 'Inputs' section. You may need to disconnect this controller to allow your stick to regain its former glory.

Your stick may also have a different default axis assigned to the rudder function than the game assumes; try going into the Controls Menu and scroll down to the HOTAS section and see if you can assign your rudder axis to the rudder function that way. You may then be able to calibrate your rudder sensitivity

Hope this helps.

cheers

horseback

blackpulpit1970
10-14-2005, 10:36 AM
No what i mean is in the hardware/input section you have 3 boxes,pitch,rolland yaw, i dont have a yaw box anymore at all and my pitch and roll doesnt work when i set the curve figures at all, the only way i can set my curve figures is to manually do it from my config file. This is a new computer and nothing what soever was on it before i installed my game(in the right order) its as if it is erased from my disk almost.

Taylortony
10-14-2005, 10:40 AM
take it your stick has a rudder... ok on windows

go start

all programs

Ubisoft folder

PF+FB+AEP or what ever you have to the last window,

click on set up

in set up click on joystick (on there it should be ticked)

Click on properties

click on properties again and calibrate it. I think some had a box to tick to use the rudder in that calibration setting.

Next one open the game as to play offline in the main menu click on controls or the set up and hotas in there, both take you to the same place...

at the bottom of the key set up for HOTAS set the rudder if there is no key command listed, click to the right of the word rudder with the mouse where the others have commands set, then move your rudder and it should appear in there, save and look again you should hopefully now have yaw......... my rudder command is something like right_axis rotation if you find it works the wrong way do it again but push the rudder the opposite way to the way you did on your first attempt.

u dont normally have yaw showing if the too above are not set as it does not see it as having a rudder installed

blackpulpit1970
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah in my start/programs/joystick setup in windowsxp i have my chpeddles that are first then below it is my x-45 stick does that make a difference, if it does that doesnt tell me why there is no yaw section all together. Any advice, thanks.

blackpulpit1970
10-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all the advice i will try it when i get out of work, again thanks guys.

FoolTrottel
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Me thinks you will like the tool mentioned in my sig .... not for Calibrating (you better do that in Control Panel, Game Controllers) but for setting the sensitivities ...

Have Fun!

Tully__
10-14-2005, 05:14 PM
i have my chpeddles that are first then below it is my x-45 stick

The inputs section in the game is showing the rudder & two toe brake axis inputs for the pedals, it only registers Windows ID#1 controller. This does not affect your control assignments.

To edit sensitivity on the X-45 you'll need to either edit the conf.ini manually or get FoolTrottel's IL2Sticks utility. For more info and to download the utility see the joysticks links under my signature picture.