PDA

View Full Version : Where I suspect the Aces-PF-BOB engine is going.

Texas LongHorn
07-17-2004, 09:05 AM
I think Oleg and Luthier and the boys are pulling off an expected grand finale to the IL2FBAces graphic engine and are going to just go nuts with maps. FPS whiners be damned, PF will be a masterstroke featureing a fully laden Pearl Harbor, Port Moresby, the "Slot" if you wish to fly for five hours, the whole enchilada my friends. By delaying the patch for FB they may well be changing the game code for PF too. The inclusion of Carriers changes everything, for you have to change the basic way the ships are handled in the FMB. The way I look at it the sim engine will be pushed to its limits. Some folks will complain, but heck they already do when trying to get by on dated gear. The new SS last Friday showed the Rufe taking off from the water! Pretty cool huh? That shows the IL2 graphics engine is still ready for prime time. I liked the refueling Sub in the background too, that was a nice touch. The release of Pacific Fighters will probably end the IL2 level of sims in the respect that the next gen BOB engine will be much more demanding. If the aircraft skins in IL2 are 1024 then the BOB engine may well feature multiple skin res, with a fighter at 2048, a Bomber like a Do-17 at 4054 and so on. I'm sure the scale could be cranked WAY up for the next gen BOB. Well, there are my thoughts. All constructive you note, this is meant to be a vision of the future thread, not a let's bash old stuff thread. All the best, LongHorn

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/v149/msdavis/My_Sig_Image2.jpg

Texas LongHorn
07-17-2004, 09:05 AM
I think Oleg and Luthier and the boys are pulling off an expected grand finale to the IL2FBAces graphic engine and are going to just go nuts with maps. FPS whiners be damned, PF will be a masterstroke featureing a fully laden Pearl Harbor, Port Moresby, the "Slot" if you wish to fly for five hours, the whole enchilada my friends. By delaying the patch for FB they may well be changing the game code for PF too. The inclusion of Carriers changes everything, for you have to change the basic way the ships are handled in the FMB. The way I look at it the sim engine will be pushed to its limits. Some folks will complain, but heck they already do when trying to get by on dated gear. The new SS last Friday showed the Rufe taking off from the water! Pretty cool huh? That shows the IL2 graphics engine is still ready for prime time. I liked the refueling Sub in the background too, that was a nice touch. The release of Pacific Fighters will probably end the IL2 level of sims in the respect that the next gen BOB engine will be much more demanding. If the aircraft skins in IL2 are 1024 then the BOB engine may well feature multiple skin res, with a fighter at 2048, a Bomber like a Do-17 at 4054 and so on. I'm sure the scale could be cranked WAY up for the next gen BOB. Well, there are my thoughts. All constructive you note, this is meant to be a vision of the future thread, not a let's bash old stuff thread. All the best, LongHorn

http://img49.photobucket.com/albums/v149/msdavis/My_Sig_Image2.jpg